AMC: Do you think the new head writers will turn AMC around?

• Members

Everytime I hear people talk about Josh and how AMC screwed it all up so much, I think about everytime myself and others issued warnings, dropped hints, begged the fans to fight. A lot of my anger is directed at the fans for not caring until it was to late. Everyone was so wrapped up in the "they won't" and "what do I care, it's not my fanbase" sh*t that we let this happen right under our noses.

That's the biggest lesson we have to learn and not let happen with B&E. We have to be vidulent. :)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kylie.... I agree with you for the most part... but we have to be serious here. LOL Until the Josh reveal not many people could ever believe AMC/ABC would do such a thing because it just was so wacky, so outlandish that up until that point we all thought there was no way in hell.

So I have a slight issue with you blaming fans like me who truly did not believe they would do such an awful thing. Obviously we know now and know anything is possible now :lol: but we truly didn't then. I though could from the get go see that Josh was going to be a Kane. I mean the writing was on the wall the minute the audition script went out for Josh.....

And when it came to screen you know. Anyone who says they couldn't see it I really don' think was paying attention (sorry Andy but I mean come on :lol:)

• Members

I know. But it's different for me then for everyone else, because I knew, and I yelled it from the top of my lungs. I was either, 1) Laughd at, 2) called agenda driven, 3) Told flat out that it was sci-fi trash, and that AMC would never do it, and that I shouldn't believe it. But I knew. So it's hard for me not to hold the fans at least semi responsible for letting this happen. I couldn't tell what I knew, and how I knew it, because then I jeopardized a source. I told as many people as I could and encouraged people to email me, to join my board and get access to the post, etc. I think maybe, maybe, 3 people from outside my inner circle actually did.:(

I jsut want the fans to be more aware. Let the fanbase [!@#$%^&*] go. Be AMC fans. Just remember to keep your eyes open, and not blindly follow and trust B&E.

• Members

You didn't become a member here until SOD on that dark day confirmed it to be true right? I am sorry you were treated that way at other boards. I can't remember who the poster was but someone I vaguely remember talking about Josh possibly being the unabortion like a month or two before it was confirmed and I can remember thinking there is no way they would do that. Obviously I know better now as I said. I think the poster was AgnesEckhardt. Was that poster relevant to you and your initial fight Kylie?

• Members

I lost the SON addy before Feb of 06, yep. So didn't join here until I found the link at another board. But I and a few other people from my inner circle, made the rounds of as many AMC boards as we could. Every couples board I could find. Every General AMC board. I even went to GH, OLTL, boards and targetted AMC fans to help me. To just listen to what I had to say. LOL, so I missed SON (you guys are cool, I think you probaly would have at least heard me out :)) but I think I covered most of the other ones.

I don't know if that poster really knew, but I know at least three other people who were creitable sources knew. Do with that what you want. I know that a lot of people worked in secert like I did. Tried to drum up support without coming right out and saying it. I couldn't come right out and post my email from my source or my email from Frons publically because people would have been outted, etc. And that wasn't my call to make. They trusted me, and I had to honor that trust. So I really have no way of knowing who else besides the people at my site and my source really did know. But I do believe that others who could have backed me up and given the whole thing creditiblity, did know.

LOL, just be carefu. I don't think AMC could survive it again. Watch B&E closely, and never think they can't or they won't. :)

• Members

I don't have a problem with B&E. It wasn't like B&E decided to switch Port Charles so the arc stories. I think they did a great job with what they were given. Yes PC was plot, but it worked IMO. The stories were VERY good (all except Tainted Love).

B&E aren't miracle workers. They won't be able to solve all of AMC's problems in one day. For the show to be in transition right now, I think they're doing a good job. Loving/The City & Port Charles weren't ratings grabbers when they took over the show. IMO, they didn't run the show into cancellation. If Loving/The City & Port Charles were #3 or 4 in the ratings when they took over, and then they drove it into the ground, then I'd say they're responsible, but they aren't.

I'm cautiously optimistic...

• Members

Dixie came close. And IMO, it can go lower. The fans have as much duty as the writers IMO, to protect the history of the show. Keep eyes open always. And take even the most outlandish rumor with a grain of truth. You never know.

• Members

Oh god you don't have to tell me. I remember reading a rumor during the satin slayer storyline that Miranda was going to be a victim and I actually said to myself... yeah I could so see that. Isn't that sick :(

• Members

I'm cautiously optimistic about B&E. At the very least, I don't think they'll be as bad as McT was.

They successfully salvaged Guiding Light from McT's mess then slowly destroyed it with the help of network interference (Clone Reva) and one of my least fave executive producers ever, Paul Rauch.

I caught bits and pieces of their work on The City and thought they did a decent job there.

I think we'll need to give them at least 3 to 6 months to see what changes they bring to Pine Valley before we judge their work.

Archived