AMC: Do you think the new head writers will turn AMC around?

• Members

Oh its definitely faith Kylie. I was left hanging by a thread after Dixie's death and thankfully it was less than a month later that Megan was canned. If she hadn't been I can't honestly say I'd definitely be still watching. I have to be optimistic and in the back of mind I am sick with worry. There is a good chance that this show a year from now could be so bad we are praying Megan comes back... ok not likely but you see my point. But there is a chance that B&E can try to make AMC half of what it once was..... they have proven they can write and I just hope they can do something special.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's no more threads for me to hang by. I was holding on hoping that I got a glimmer of Erica back. But that seems to be gone, and now I'm sitting here, staring at the carnage Megan left wondering why? What was all of this worth? And can I ever believe in another writer when Megan crushed me and my love for the show so deeply?

I will never see AMC the same again. I just can't. There's a line in the Dixie's Chick's song I have in my sig, that says " It's to late to make it right, probably wouldn't if I could." And that's exactly how I feel. It's to late for me and as much as I still hurt from losing AMC, I think I'd let it ride if I knew then what I know now. :(

My point is, that there a lot of fans out there who are like me, and who wonder if anyone can fix things. If anyone is worth letting the last two years happen again. That's what B&E have t do to be succesful. Covince those fans who gave up on AMC to try it again. Make us believe the show is worth our time and loyalty again. Make us believe that there's something still there that resemebles the heart and soul of AMC.

It's not about certain storylines anymore. It's about an over all feeling. An attitude. It's about seeing what is in front of them, realizing that it doesn't work and being brave enough to fix it. Being brave enough to dig out the heart and soul that is buried under all the open wounds Megan left, and pull it out, work it back to it's full glory. Make the heart of AMC pump again.

Anything short of that, and I think AMC is in trouble.

• Members

I don't watch AMC but I hear you concern. From what I know of Estsen and Brown is mixed. YES they know how to tell BIG stories. YES it can be controversial. And with Frons behind everything. I really pray for AMC fans. But I will keep hope because they are not too bad of writers. Same with Ron at OLTL I hope for the best yes but with Frons and the writers he worked under we can only pray

• Members

Well, I really do hope that B&E will relize that AMC had a great history. We AMC fan want the compelling stories that keep us glued to the T.V. I want them to realize that it is not too late even thought right now AMC is not the greatest. All I want them to do is write great stories, like Agnes would like! AMC is about DRAMA!, family, love, hate and all those other things! I just hope that even though they had a rocky past that they can prove to people that doubt them.

• Members

I don't have much faith in B&E because it seems they were hired because Frons found them to be entities that he could "control." If I didn't know about Kay Alden wanting the job and not getting it, the stench of that fact wouldn't be so loud. Now, none of this means that they're destined to do a bad or poor job, but I'm not full of faith about them making a huge difference knowing that they were likely hired because Frons thought they'd be less of a headache to his management style. I hope they prove my behind so wrong, but I agree with a lot here in thinking at best B&E will give us a McTavish: a decent 6-12 months, possibly, and then downhill.

Sometimes I wonder if AMC and ABCD will ever get real changes until that one big change is made.

• Members

^ oh totally, B&E have Frons' bitches written all over them. Absolutely. Which make already minimzes their chances of success, at least with the fans.

I still wonder who is really responsible for the last two years of AMC. Was it Megan? Or was she just Frons' victim and didn't have the guts to stand up to him? He's never really commented on the whole Josh saga, which has gotten the most publicity since the babyswap. So I always wonder if Megan took the fall for him. If she's his scapegoat. I think sometimes, like when I re-read Kay Alden's interview, that Megan wasn't the one causing AMC's woe, she was just guilty of not having the guts to stand up to Frons.

We'll seee. B&E have their work cut out for them.

• Members

Kay Alden in that MIT seminar basically indirectly says Frons admitted leting Megan do the unabortion story was a mistake and she couldn't believe no one in the writers meeting stood up and say "this is wrong".

Keep on blaming Megan Kylie. Kay also said if a writer is passionate about the stories they want to tell Frons does not stand in the way. Kylie you don't remember Megan's comment about how "she respectfully disagrees with the fans" when she did an interview after the Josh reveal. Josh was all Megan. I am convinced of it.

• Members

I remember, more then anyone, I remember. I remember her finishing that interview with a line that all but said, "shut up and deal with him." Trust me, more then anyone, I know what she did. I know that Frons knew too, I have that email from him to prove it. [!@#$%^&*]. But I also know other things about Josh, when she first came back and other storylines that lead me to believe that at one time she was brave enough to stand up to his lame, fat ass.

I blame the fans as much as Megan for Josh, though. :angry:

LOL, thanks for making me seethe again. :D I'm never going to stop being angry.

• Members

Megan doesn't get a free pass, from me. I think the two fed off each other, she knew how to work him while still satisfying his micro-management desires. Megan had a thing for creating children for the primary families/characters so as to say she birthed them (god-complex, much? lol) - and the creation of the boy Kane was a part of that.

• Members

I'm the last person to give her a free pass. And I blame her more then anyone. But IMO, the blame for Josh falls equally on Frons, Megan and the fans (at least online) shoulders. No one who knew about Josh should have let it happen. Megan should have fought. Frons should have fought. The fans should have fought. No one should have just said, "Lets wait and see". No one should have said, " They won't." No one should have laughed when the idea was suggested. Frons and Megan wanted to do it, but IMO and to me and people who listened to early warnings and hints, the fans let them do it.

• Members

Maybe they threatened to take her creation billing away or something LOL. I really feared for Agnes' mental condition when I read that quote.

Yep Josh was basically Kendall Pat Two.... lightning however did not strike twice..... not even close.

The Kendall story had some credence too it because it wasn't turning back a socially relevant plot line that made AMC what it truly was, But still it was in fact a violation and Megan loves violations and saddling long term characters with these long lost children....

Archived