Mary Beth Evans to ATWT exec: "I made a mistake"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Goutman: You know, we had a killer idea for Sierra after you left.

MBE: (laughing) Really? Damn. Guess I made a mistake leaving.

Goutman: You know, they opened an awesome Thai restaurant 2 blocks from the studio after you left.

MBE: (laughing) Man, I made a mistake leaving!

Goutman: (laughing) You know, on ATWA your husband was kind of evil but at least we didn't make him Batshit Crazy

MBE: (laughing) Yeah, I made a mistake leaving you guys, huh?

I could keep going all day :)

• Members

Sure it does. If she was faking it, she certainly wouldn't spout off about what a mistake she'd made.

His point is that MB is a genuinely happy, fun person and tries to make the people around her feel the same way. He's said versions of that more times than I can count.

• Members

I can see what you're saying, GBB.

But on the other hand, what if she meant that she "made a mistake" and she meant it the way the reporter is implying? I'm certainly not going to hold it against her - if she's unsatisfied with Days, she's unsatisfied with Days. She may not have intended for anyone to overhear her comment to Goutman.

• Members

If it was a direct quote, then she's a bitch. ATWT can have her back. She's done absolutely nothing for DAYS as of right now, so whatever.

And if it wasn't a direct quote and it was taken out of context, ATWT can still have her back. :)

• Members

Actually, the reporter doesn't say "she went on about" the fact that she should have days. The reporter says "Mary Beth Evans admitted ... "I made a mistake," saying that she should have stayed with his show." -- "saying that she should have stayed with the show" was the reporter's clarification of "I made a mistake."

And even though it's in a reputable paper and not a gossip page, the section this is quoted in is under the heading "Overheard at the Emmys" so again, I don't know how many people's filters I'm hearing this through, so I have to weigh in what I know about MBE's personality and past actions and it just doesn't track for me.

• Members

Even if she did say it, how does that make her a bitch? It's not like she announced her dissatisfaction in public. It was a private comment that she only intentionally shared with one person.

• Members

I don't see how she's being a bitch. She turned down a multi-year contract with ATWT and a huge storyline (and popular character) to revive Steve and Kayla on DAYS which has been a huge bust. Throw in the fact that her story was on the frontburner as the ratings fall into the toilet and I can't see how she'd be happy. She probably feels that she's partly to blame for that.

I always said she was nuts for leaving. Sierra was an interesting character with tons of potential had she stayed on the show. On DAYS they've handed her a boring version of Kayla and an even worse storyline.

She TOTALLY made a mistake. But I would only want her back at ATWT if she's willing to commit. My first choice will always be Finn Carter, the original (and best) Sierra.

• Members

I'm not going to judge someone when I don't know the context this quote was taken from, or the tone MBE used when/if she said it. People say things all the time in a joking manner or to be nice. I once met up with a former employer and jokingly asked if my old job was available, knowing full well that even if it was, I wouldn't want it.

Archived