Mary Beth Evans to ATWT exec: "I made a mistake"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For the record, I do not believe she said this. I think this kind of second hand info is ridiculous.

Even if she did say this, she wouldn't be a bitch for saying it. If she's unhappy with the show and feels like she made a mistake, that's her opinion and she has the right to believe that.

The fact of the matter is, MBE has always been the consummate professional. Her past actions speak for itself.

• Members

I love that ppl are jumping all over MBE when they have no proof these comments were ever uttered. Its a gossip page they make stuff up all the time to start these exact converstations.

Things don't add up with this....she had no storyline on ATWT...they even promised her one to keep her from OLTL but failed to do so. Mary Beth is located in California and didn't care for the communte to New York when they decided to drag Sierra out for two or three scenes.

• Members

You keep saying things like this as if their year contract means that they were only ever intended to be on the show for two years. When Drake or Diedre sign contracts that extend them for two more years do you assume that the show doesn't intend them to be around once the contract period is over??

• Members

I love the vets on DAYS. I really do. I wish that all the vets could have frontburner storylines. But then I have to wake up to reality and realise that for the first thing, neither Corday or Sheffer really like to write for the vets. And second, DAYS budget will not allow for Stephen Nichols and Mary Beth Evans to stay. Some of the vets will unfortunately have to go before 2009, and my guess is that these two will be sacrifised before the others.

• Members

Agreed.

MBE would never say this...public or private. She had an interview in SOW a few weeks ago where she admitted the recent "Steve is a pawn" story was very hard for her due to the negativity of it all and the fact that she and SN had to work extra hard to keep the romance between Steve/Kayla due to the darkness of the story but, other then that, she said the story wasn't bad and she has enjoyed being back with her friends and SN

I don't buy this, especially given where it is coming from. I am sure those that do not enjoy Steve/Kayla and continue not to will jump on the "bash MBE" bandwagon. I expect those from "Sheetgate" to have a field day with this too.

MBE is not the type of person to say this nor is SN.

• Members

Honestly, I can see her being better friends with Goutman, than Corday. Let's face it, despite his flaws, Goutman is 10x the EP Corday is. That said, the person who overheard this conversation must've misinterpreted what she was saying, for all we know she could've said it in a joking manner.

• Members

But didn't she was want to work more at ATWT despite being bicoastal and since her kids are older? Isn't that when she started her pie business? When she saw she was getting all this time off that she didn't ask for or need from ATWT?

• Members

According to a post by her on her message board, she and ATWT mutually agreed to do Sierra's stories in "concentrated intervals," because one, the commute was getting too rough for her and two, the show basically told her they had no real story for her after the departures of Hunt Block and Peyton List. That's when she agreed to go to recurring.

• Members
lol Don't make this into something it's not. I don't see anyone being upset here. Some people are posting negative things about MBE, others feel like MBE wouldn't say something like this and be serious about it. That's simply what this thread is about. We're discussing, you know that's what people do on a messageboard. ;)

Archived