Mary Beth Evans to ATWT exec: "I made a mistake"

• Members

It makes no sense for her to say something like that, I mean she is back for 12 month now and was almost always on the frontburner. She is reunited with old friends and does not have to go to NY all the time.

And even if Days is canceled next year I believe she could return to ATWT on recurring.

I don't believe someone overheard anything. MBE is not that stupid.

And for the Days fan who get's two Days vets(Steve & Kayla) back and is against it (I don't remeber the name): How can you not? I guess you must be a new viewer if you prefer Willow. LMAO.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL!!

Mary Beth clears it up

http://marybethevans.com/FanForum/viewtopic.php?t=427

"I notified MB about the rumors that she was unhappy at Days because of an article that was written where her comments were taken out of context and totally given another meaning. This is what she told me:

Mary Beth said she was on an escalator (at the Emmy's) and Chris Goutman (whom she considers a friend) was below her and Stephen. She said she yelled that she shouldn't have left the show jokingly to him in a way of saying of saying congrats to him for his show doing so well. She had no idea anyone was listening and would take her words so seriously and out of context."

• Members

Aww, they must not know much about Mary Beth then. :);) Mary Beth has been in the soap business for over 20 years and has a solid reputation for being very professional and very positive (even through some crappy treatment - GH for example). It would be very out of character for her to say something like that. Plus, if you know some about Mary Beth and Stephen Nichols, they are extremely happy and satisfied to be working together again.

• Members

For once I agree with you....please note this is not the first nor second nor third time I've agree with other people.

Days fans were rejoicing to the heavens about how all these older characters were coming back in droves and how the rating would skyrocket or w/e. And yet they're not. And shes expressed her interest in coming back and now shes a bitch?

I think thats beyond hypocritical. Its NOT her fault that Days isn't doing as great as you want it to. And after NOT being used for awhile I can't blame her for wanting to come back to ATWT.

ATWT is an awesome show right now and its been awesome for the last couple of years. And I'm glad that she realizes that and if she wants to come back I'd welcome her back with open arms. The only problem is that I can't see a great story for her right now. Although she could go into business with Carly and Lily.

• Members

I specicifcally said that IF Mary Beth Evans said that. I never said that I believed she did or not. Most of the news in the soap world is gossip so I'm not going to buy that, there's no use getting upset over gossip. If we didn't get upset over gossip, what would we get upset about?

And as for the poster that's questioning my fan status as a fan of DAYS, and my prefernce of Willow, just correct you, I've been watching Days of our Lives since July 1996. That's 11 years, so don't come to me talking about new viewers and their opinons. THanks!

• Members

We could speculate about this forever.

If MBE did say that, I don't see why she's a bitch. I also don't get why some people think she would eevvvver say anything like that. First of all, you don't know MBE personally, and you don't know what goes on behind closed doors. A lot of [!@#$%^&*] goes on behind-the-scenes in entertainment, and fans are none the wiser (it's the magic of good PR and imaging). It's not out of the realm of possibility for her to complain about her job. Lord knows I do about mine. She didn't go off on a big bitchfest about Days, but she did voice dissatisfaction (allegedly). Big whoopin' deal. She's human - she has a right to feel regret and be honest about it in a private conversation with a close friend. Now, I think it would be unprofessional if she told a FAN that she thought coming back to Days was a mistake, but she said it in a private conversation to a friend and former colleague.

Furthermore, MBE's denial/explanation could be

a) completely accurate

B) complete spin & damage control

So case not closed.

We really don't know what she meant unless we're inside her head.

• Members

OK .... I actually came on here becuz Im hearing alot about great posting here about sweet Adrianne Leon's firing.....Then all of the sudden I see this!!! OK here goes....

I have met Mary Beth and Stephen more times then most people have posted here...Ive been supporting them for over 20 years....I just got back from seeing them for the upteenth time in LA......Wherever this came from and whoever wrote it is not being truthful or misquoted the words of Mary Beth Evans....

She is one of the most respected appreciated positive forces ever to cross daytimes threshold.....She lovesssssssss Hogan Sheffer and she LOVESSSS being with Stephen and Days again......Does she miss her peeps at ATWT heck yeah....She was given great stuff and made a bundle of connections there that may last a lifetime BUTTTTT her life and home is at Days till the end........

What youve posted here, I understand astonished you....after this post I can assure you its all false information.......

Please everyone, reconsider tarring and feathering a sweet awesome soul who would never jeopardized her job she has been waiting to return to for 16 years so that she could have a legion of fans hate her for talking crap about her own show........

NOTHING about this post or the things posted here that "she said" are true at all.

Nothing.

You wanna talk to me about how I know this is not true....you can PM at the Steveandkayla.com site and find me as the same screen name here.....

Love Kayla

Archived