Kelly Clarkson Cancels Tour

Shawn

• Members

www.kellyclarkson.com

"I can't tell you how much I've been looking forward to getting out there to perform for y'all. In the craziness of the music business, performing is what I look forward to doing the most, so it really is disappointing for me to have to tell you that I won't be coming out to tour this summer. The fact is that touring is just too much too soon.

But I promise you that we're going to get back out there as soon as is humanly possible to give you a show that will be even better.

Thanks for all of your love and continued support."

— Kelly

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just read about this on TVGuide's site, it's not to surprising considering what's been going on concering her CD & etc. I found the first part of this comment someone made there amusing.....

I like her new CD for the most part, but there are a couple songs that will take awhile to warm up to.... It wouldn't be surprising if they decided to push back the release date of the CD, so they could tinker with the final product a bit .......

• Administrator

Ouch!!!

----------------------------

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070614/music_nm/clarkson_dc

Low ticket sales cause Clarkson to shelve tour By Sue Zeidler

Thu Jun 14, 6:32 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Pop singer and "American Idol" winner Kelly Clarkson may want to consider singing the blues with all the turmoil in her life lately.

After feuding with her label for months over artistic control of her upcoming album, "My December," and abruptly firing her long-time manager this week, the singer pulled the plug on a summer concert tour on Thursday due to poor ticket sales.

"In the craziness of the music business, performing is what I look forward to doing the most, so it really is disappointing for me to have to tell you that I won't be coming out to tour this summer," Clarkson said on her Web site (www.kellyclarkson.com).

"The fact is that touring is just too much, too soon," said Clarkson, 25, who has sold an estimated 11 million records worldwide.

Clarkson promised fans she'd "get back out there as soon as is humanly possible."

Michael Rapino, chief executive officer of concert promotion company LiveNation, said, "Ticket sales have not been what we anticipated and we came to the realization that we had bit off more than we could chew."

The singer has been embroiled in a high-profile dispute with Sony BMG boss Clive Davis, credited with cultivating stars like Whitney Houston, over her new album, "My December." Clarkson recently told "Elle" magazine that she rejected Davis' offer of $10 million to remove five songs from the album.

"My December," originally due out in April was delayed due to the falling out. It is set to be released on June 26.

The new album's first single, "Never Again," her seventh top-10 hit, fell six places to No. 17 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart Thursday.

Clarkson's debut album, "Thankful" (2003) sold 2.6 million units in the United States, while her follow-up "Breakaway" (2004) sold about 5.8 million units, according to Nielsen Soundscan.

• Members

Good for her for rejecting the 10 million offer from David to drop 5 songs!

Shows she has some integrity and is not doing this ONLY for money (unlike SO MANY singers out there).

However, I feel she misstepped a bit with this album. It is good, but doesn't come close to her last cd.

Perhaps she chose the wrong 1st single, which can absolutely destroy an album (

Archived