Private Practice: Discussion Thread

• Members

WOW was last night's episode amazing. Best episode in so, so long. I smell an Emmy for KaDee Strickland (Charlotte)...She had me in tears.

And as for it "sending the wrong message"...Sure, women SHOULD do the rape kit and report it, but the gruesome fact is that most don't. That's one huge element that is making this story real, gritty, powerful and heartbreaking.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So if your ex-husband or wife dated your bestfriend you would be okay with it? Whatever. :rolleyes:

Last nights episode was wonderful, thank god it was about Charlotte. They really sold this episode but was dissapointed that she didn't get a rape kit to id the rapist and get him off the street, not a good message for women.

• Administrator

My beautiful Charlotte. :( Last night's episode was great. KDS did a fantastic job! I hope she gets an Emmy nod too.

I can see both points.

The next couple of episodes should be really good too - dealing with the aftermath. And then eventually when/if everyone finds out about the rape.

• Members

Yep.

And yes I am really looking forward to the next couple of episodes. It should be really great. Another reason I'm kind of glad they didn't go the rape kit way. Because most likely, had they done that, everyone would have found out in that episode that she was raped. It would probably have been rushed.

This way, it is a lot more true to how things usually happen. It's heartbreaking, but in reality, many, MANY women don't have a rape kit or report it to the police. So it makes this story very realistic. And also, this story could play out to be a huge element of the show this season if they choose to extend it. Charlotte trying to cope, failing to do so. Obviously people would start to suspect more than robbery happened. Etc, etc. Plus, Sheldon having this "side story" with the rapist is great. They're really showing all aspects of the rape. And it will lead up to a great climax. Sheldon working with this man, but what will he do when he finds out he raped the woman Sheldon was arguably in love with? Another great dynamic to explore there.

And hopefully we will get some real gritty scenes when Charlotte has to confront her attacker.

I really am glad KaDee Strickland is finally getting a real storyline. I love Charlotte, and KaDee has acted the hell out of everything they give her. She really broke my heart Thursday night. Brava!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I knew she was going to kill herself, the way she started to act when Addison was talking to her about loving her. Though I thought addison would find her in the morning instead of coming right back to the hotel room. I'm glad Charlotte finally got some justice.

I'm still not feeling sam/addison, I really wish they would just scrap the whole relationship. Her relationship with Naomi is way better and its weird now because of the whole sam/addison thing. Does anyone know if Audra/Naomi is leaving after this season she seems so nonexistent this year.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

This thread isn't active, but I saw that Kate Walsh is leaving the show which is a big deal. PP has a 13 episode order. Shonda says that she was told that this does not mean that it is the final season, but with Kate leaving, I wonder. This might also impact Scandal leading ABC to increase its 13 episode order.

Archived