Private Practice: Discussion Thread

• Members

The second episode really picked up. They accomplished more in one hour than some shows do with two.

I'm really feeling for Violet and AB is playing the character like a pro'. Usually these characters annoy me, but she's added some light comedy, good drama, maturity. Good actors make use of good material. I was a little let down that Sam didn't stop by, seeing that all the characters made a visit. I think TD would have made good use for a scene with AB.

Am I the only one who can't see TD's Pete being a cute father. He's very stern lately and it would be nice to get back to the laid back doctor he once was. Observation: Two single fathers on one show.

I'm really interested in what's happening up stairs. I see no need for Naomi to continue pandering to Addison and Sam. Give them some space and focus on your work. I don't think the transition's going to be easy up there. In the spirit of Sex and the City I'm channeling Carrie and Miranda arguments and those were never good. No one wants to side with controlling friends.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One of the better cross over episodes, but sam and miranda? I really thought the show had it right with Sharon Leal as TD's love interest. She has it in her for some quirky entertainment and the buildup felt natural. I never know what this show is thinking when they come up with some of these pairings.

Does anybody know what happened to Dell?

AM is gorgeous in this episode, and I'm happy the show is getting around the Naomi/Addison dispute over.... absolutely nothing.

Finally Sheldon can get back to work, but I couldn't stop laughing when Pete was celebrating being the father- how sensitive of him?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Are you kidding me? This show is way the h*** better than Grey's right now.

Loved JoBeth Williams as Addison's mother. AB is pulling off some great complicated work as Violet. I'm even coming around on Charlotte.

The only weak area is Dell. Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't. After this last epi...don't?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Dell died! :o I was so not expecting that. Poor Betsy, losing both of her parents in such a short time apart. TPTB never really did anything with Dell, and making him a midwife didn't help either - such a limited job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Members

Seems like no one on this board watches this show but I think it's gone against all the qualities that made it initially successful. Many of the characters seem out of character and it seems 99% of Shonda's couples have to be interracial. I'm all for diversity but I hate watching statement couples. Ratings just keep falling and I can see why. I give the show at least two other seasons before it gets canceled.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I can't get over how Addison betrayed Naomi and to make matters worse Naomi's reaction was so watered down(which isn't her) I didn't buy it for a second. Now the actress that plays Naomi is barely on. I really can't stand to see Addison and Sam together, bestfriends don't sleep with ex-husbands.

• Members

How exactly did she betray her? Naomi and Sam are not involved and they have been with other people many times since the divorce. I understand she may be uncomfortable seeing them together but betrayal? No.

I think Audra is doing theater hence her limited screen time, but I could be wrong.

PP was excellent last night. It was so well done there were shades of what made the show so successful in it's first season.

• Members

I'm really disappointed in the message this show just sent to women who are raped, don't get a rape kit and don't report it to the police. To me that is such a set back and is akin to saying Charlotte was too strong a woman, she deserved to be put in her place, quick release that Hero from Jail so he can go on keeping women where they belong, subservient and ashamed of their sexuality. GROSS.

Archived