ABC: Now what for Alden and/or Smith

• Members

If AMC can bring back B&E, who couldnt save days, and couldn't put a dent in Dena's crap, they can bring Smith and Alden to OLTL. Im on that bandwagon now!!! Reunite Jack Smith and Kay Alden. We haven't heard from Jack Smith in a while. It could happen..... Excuse my scrambled thoughts. I am just thinking about the possibilities.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am shocked that AMC got B&E. I actually wanted them for OLTL.

Anyway, I truly truly hope OLTL does get Kay Alden and Jack Smith. It would be great for the show. It really is time for a change.

• Members

You wanted them for OLTL?? They were with OLTL as Consultants in 2005. They were horrible, in my opinion. I would have liked to see a team of Carlivati and Culliton. I can see Kay Alden and Carolyn Culltion being teamed up on OLTL. As for ATWT, Clint, I have a feeling they may end up getting Jack Smith. He was going to go back to B&B, but turned it down to sign with ABC.

• Members

AMC didn't get Alden, so I hope OLTL will get it. OLTL isn't that bad, but Higley should be replaced. She had enough time on the show, and it's time to get the show back on track. Either Alden or Smith would do good there.

I know it's kind of an off-topic but... what are Trent Jones and James Houghton doing these days? They aren't writing anywhere.

• Members

Maybe she still just wants to stay as an uncredited consultant. We aren't hearing ANYTHING about Jack Smith as of late, all about Alden. Perhaps Frons is planning on reuniting them at GH when Guza's contract expires.

Frons definitely has something planned. I think Dena's days are numbered at OLTL. I think Ron is being groomed to take over that show personally.

• Members

I suspect one of each might land at the other 2 ABC shows. But it's just a guess.

Speaking of which has anyone noticed that GH seems to have injected some substance into the show lately? I don't know what's going on but some of it isn't as bad. There's still way too much gun-waving and masculine posturing & weight-throwing but it's not quite as awful.

• Members

He was gone for a couple of years in that time, because McTrash wrote some crappy stuff as HW for GH before Guza and Pratt returned. I am enjoying the show regularly for the first time in years. I watched the stunts, but would drop out for months at a time. Now I'm hooked daily again. Guza's team is currently writing stuff I want to watch, I think it has improved greatly without Pratt.

Archived