Y&R: Melody Thomas Scott

• Members

I am in HEAVEN!!! I have waited for years for MTS to recieve a decent storyline, granted I loved her with John Enos a few years ago, but this side of Nikki with the senate campaign is FASCINATING. She betrays her daughter & son to make herself more powerful, is this Nikki? lol, I for one am very glad they have changed Nikki's charecter to be more sassy and MTS knows how to act VERY WELL, it's about time she has something important to say other than "Noah, lets go put on your snow suit"

AND, Love the new hair style, and her wardrobe has been A+ as well.

MTS ROCKS!!!!

What are your thoughts???

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm still on the fence about her hair to be honest. I'm not a stylist or anything but she had some really nice long hair a few years ago and I don't know what they call this current one she has but it just seems a lil awkward on her to me

As for the storyline I'm not a huge fan of it either. What are Nikki's qualifications for the Senate position? Plus what does she have to gain from all this? Bringing Jack down? Victor already told her that he was handling that situation. I think the writers need to do something that expands the character in a new direction. Not more of the same old same old. Besides her betraying Nick and Vikki its still the same old baseline story. Nikki goes against Victor's wishes. Nikki will most likely get hurt and end up leaving him. This is just speculation but I can totally see this happening.

But you are right about her with John Enos. That was a nice storyline. And her current wardrobe is FIERCE... :D

• Members

I love Melody Thomas Scott and she's overdue for a story, but this isn't the one for me. This senate story is so insanely plot driven with everyone getting a personality transplant to fit the story. Nikki would never betray both of her kids in that way, something she constantly butts heads with Victor about. Plus, Nikki even entertaining a Senate seat is ridiculous.

What I want is more issues of the heart for Nikki. Thats where her character excels, not business. I'd love for them to see Hope return and Nikki become jealous over the kindness Victor expresses to her. Same for Ashley as well while Nikki is treated like cat poo. Nikki's jealousy is her worst personality trait, but the most interesting to watch on a soap opera.

Something else I don't enjoy is that they've thrown out Jack and Nikki's friendship and never mention their relationship or hers with Jack. Same with Jill when she interacts with Victor or Jack, it's as if these people have no history.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ May 8 2007, 11:07 PM)
I love Melody Thomas Scott and she's overdue for a story, but this isn't the one for me. This senate story is so insanely plot driven with everyone getting a personality transplant to fit the story. Nikki would never betray both of her kids in that way, something she constantly butts heads with Victor about. Plus, Nikki even entertaining a Senate seat is ridiculous.

What I want is more issues of the heart for Nikki. Thats where her character excels, not business. I'd love for them to see Hope return and Nikki become jealous over the kindness Victor expresses to her. Same for Ashley as well while Nikki is treated like cat poo. Nikki's jealousy is her worst personality trait, but the most interesting to watch on a soap opera.

Something else I don't enjoy is that they've thrown out Jack and Nikki's friendship and never mention their relationship or hers with Jack. Same with Jill when she interacts with Victor or Jack, it's as if these people have no history.

Amen.

Mel is a WONDERFUL actress & the fact that she doesn't have a Lead Actress Emmy is a shame.

But this current story (and the writin for Nikki as a whole) are so OOC it's ridiculous.

Nikki actually excels in business stories too but since this one isn't properly motivated all it's servin to do is make Melody spout the most inane dialogue & ruin the character.

• Members

I haven't watched Y&R in eons, but has *anyone* brought up the fact (in Genoa City's press) that Senate candidate Nikki Newman used to be a stripper? I'm sure that one would go over well with her planned constituants.

• Members

I like this side of Nikki. I'm glad they've changed her character. Betraying Nick and Victoria might have been taking it too far, but I like her new attitude generally. I wish Nikki was a little softer towards Jack given their history. Every once in a while they talk about the baby they lost though, so their history is mentioned. That baby really should have lived. He/she would have been a great rival for Nik and Victoria.

• Members

I'm not a big fan of MTS or admirer of her acting skills, but I will give praise where it's due.

MTS has been very good acting-wise lately, she brings all her abilities to play.

Too bad that is probably the only good thing about that Senate Race. First of all its stupid contrievance and for the rest read Chris B's post. I'm too lazy to type up the exact same stuff.

• Members

Yep, for which Jack fired David and Nikki immediately hired him, the one with all the dirt on Jack she can use to her advantage throughout the campaign! I'd say nobody but David likes the new Nikki, and that's A-OK by me ... I'm loving them together, and I never thought I would! :)

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ May 8 2007, 11:07 PM)

Well said Chris and ITA!!

• Members

MTS is doing a fantastic job with this new storyline, with the plane crash. MTS knows how to do family tradgedy very well. I'm so glad she's been able to do a variety of acting styles lately! Loved her with Kay as well.

Archived