DAYS: Monday

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok, something occurred to me today. Could Elvis be losing his touch? I mean, in the past, I doubt he would have underestimated Adrienne pulling the stunt she did that got her and Steve to Bo and Kayla. I think all of these months of being untouchable have gone to the Brit's head. What do you think?

One step forward and 5 steps back once more with the island crew. Philip playing the 'expired offer' card was so damn childish. Victor would be ashamed of what this boy has become, and how he's failed to work people without implicating himself. He's a little boy trying to be a man and it's really sad. Belle and Shawn are really no better, but at least they're not trying to act like something they're not. They're well aware of their faults, most days. Poor Claire.

• Members

Could be the beginning of EJ's downfall in power. With the elder DiMeras coming into the picture, I see EJ becoming more stressed out.

Claire needs to either be placed with Philip, Bo and Hope or John and Marlena. Belle and Shawn do not deserve to raise this girl any longer.

• Members

Explain how Philip does, Drew. :lol: I don't think Shawn and Belle deserve her, but they could actually be good parents if they didn't have to look over their shoulder all the time. He bent the rules in his favor to get them into this corner that they're trying to scratch out of desperately, so none of the three are any good for that little girl. Belle said it best on Friday. I cheered when she said that none of them have been very good for Claire the past few months, and Philip's talk about compromise (which, like Shawn, I still think was bull) was the first great movement in this story in AGES.

• Members

Sorry, Philip is ten time worse the Shawn and Belle. Yeah they made some stupid mistakes but Philip only wants Claire to punish Shawn and Belle. If he truely loved her as his daughter he wouldn't of took off when he found out she wasn't his.

• Members

I'm not saying Philip is not in the wrong for what he's done. He has done some shady things behind everyone's backs, but he is doing it out of the love for Philip. He loves her. He wants to give her a life that Shawn and Belle cannot. Shawn and Belle are carrying this girl half-way around the damn country, endangering her every single week. Yes, I know it's out of love, but it's dangerous. You can't deny that.

We are talking about 3 selfish people here. Each person is thinking of themselves and no one else, especially Claire. It's getting to a breaking point.

• Members

It's called receiving the shock of your life and not knowing what to do with your life. People go through things like this all the time. Philip was probably better off going away from Salem, rather than staying in Salem. Who knows what may have happened if he had to watch Belle leave him for Shawn and fall back in love with him again. Things could be worse. Philip went to find himself, and ended up returning to the army. I don't think of it as running away from Claire.

And I will agree that part of Philip wants Claire to spite Belle and Shawn. That's human nature to want revenge on to people that have wronged you. But there's also that part of Philip that wants to raise his daughter. Claire is his daughter, no matter what biology says.

• Members

There's a danger in both cases. Neither case gives Claire a stable environment, because both sides would never concede, creating a confusing environment for her. Now, putting her with John and Marlena or Bo and Hope--that's smart. Any judge not on the Kiriakis payroll probably would have done just that.

• Members

Or, perhaps that was EJ's plan! His twisted mind always works in ways different to what the average human would predict. Maybe having Adrienne excape with Steve was part of his plan. To exemplify this, it could be a test to see if Steve will report back to EJ after.

As far as Shawn/Belle and Phillip go, I believe that Phillip definitely loves Claire, but a lot of the actions he's taking are due to him seeking revenge on Belle. It's even possible that Phillip hasn't come to this realization yet. Claire needs to be with her mother, like most instances! Belle and Shawn have definitely made mistakes and risked their child's life, but they did it in all hopes of protecting Claire. For now, Claire needs to be with Bo and Hope, so that Belle/Shawn and Phillip can sort this matter out first.

• Members

I'm not sure if Sami and Lucas are on today's show (when aren't they?) but I'm really sick of them acting so lovey-dovey. And as it was brought up on another board, him calling her 'baby' every other line is irritating. This is Lucas Roberts and Sami Brady we're talking about. The scheme team! The terrible twosome! There's no way that they'd be this sappy and saccharine, if they were staying true to their characters. They're the anti-couple, and I hate that they're being written this schmaltzy.

In fact, they look really uncomfortable when they kiss, IMO. Rarely do they have a passionate, deep kiss that comes off as anything more than a simple "long-held peck," so when they try to force a deep kiss, it looks awkward and gross, LoL. They have such a brother/sister type chemistry that Sami and Lucas feel incestuous. They're best as best friends, scheming together. As this lovey-dovey couple with the mostest? Yuck. I can't stand 'em like this. They've been turned into just another soap couple, and that NEVER should've happened, IMO. And why does Lucas have no personality anymore?

• Members

I was just about to post that!!!!!!!

That gave a hint to his childhood, and also notice how he said something like "i had an Aunt once named Sister Mary Moira" and he used past tense. Normally people say that anyway, but it does make me wonder....

Archived