OLTL: Jessica Scoop

• Members

I was reading the new TV Guide this afternoon and there is an article about Jessica, which is truly sad. It said that she will be diagnosed with Hepitis B & C (can't spell that word). She got it while being Tess and hooking up with some druggie while she was New York. She shared a needle with him while shooting up. The news only gets worse, I think it said that on May 19, she will learn that she has liver cancer. I don't have the article, I'm just recalling from memory.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The article says that on May 7, Jessica will be diagnosed with Hepatitis C that she got when she shared a needle with a druggie as Tess. They will show a flashback of Tess meeting a guy at a club, they go into the bathroom to hook up and they wound up shooting heroin. And on May 17, Jessica is diagnosed with liver cancer.

• Members
OMFG...is this a rumor or for real? I hope to God this is NOT true. Completely stupid and completely horrible direction to go in for this show. You mean to tell me that after MONTHS of suffering with Antonio that Jessica is going to be hit with this tragedy? And most likely will die (since we know how soaps do these days). This is just starting to sound like what ATWT did to Jen last year...

• Members

The spoilers I have been hearing have it taken much farther. I don't believe Jessica dies, but there is a Showfax script indicating that an explosion takes place in an operating room while a transplant is going on (take it as it COULD happen at this point. Rewrites can change just about anything at this point.) It seems evident the transplant involves Jessica, Antonio and possibly Natalie (fangirl wars make it virtually impossible to tell what is going on with Natalie.) The operation alone isn't enough -- now the operating room goes boom, and we don't even have superdoc around to save the day.

• Members

Is it me, or did this just seem to come out of no where? Like they wanted to just add in a social story, and decided to do it with Antonio/Jessica/Nash. It wouldn't be odd if they have showed Tess being this "wild," but they didn't. The only thing good about this story will be Nash saving Jessica's life, but since he's Bree's father... suspect it's Antonio's turn to "win."

• Members

No, it's not just you. The only thing that was shown was Tess' promiscuity. There was never any indication of drug usage, especially something as hardcore as shooting up heroin.

That being said, Natalie is going to be the one to save her as future spoilers have indicated.

• Members

It is not you. It is an unusually rapid story, but it was being hinted at awhile ago in Showfax scripts (one with Viki saying a daughter was ill, and then the one with Viki/Clint/Dorian's operating room explosion reaction ) With REG gout of the building, TSJ out until June, and with John/Natalie now broken up, that left Antonio/Nash/Jessica to carry this sweeps. Dena didn't have this story built in, even with her own Tess - there is going to be a flashback establishing the drug usage. Jessica is one of the few characters that still can pull the canvas together, and has some 'pull' with jaded longtime fans.

But yes, when you look at it -- , the presweeps Jamie in an autoaccident and traumatized, Todd stabbed and kidnapped (how many times can they do this to the character?), the high school hostage situation where someone DID get hurt (they let that slip with the rewrite information), the OPP fire that puts Evangeline in a coma, and then this liver illness/explosion -- it's a VERY dark scenario. I'm confused as to just who might find this appealing in the least - unless you are a fan of High School Prom, the Musical.

• Members

I think the Valentine's Day episode was foreshadowing of all of this. I think several things:

The show is entirely too dark

The drugs and Hep is Dena once again doing the sensational rather than writing a reasonable story. Tess was not a druggie. There's no reason why Jessica could not have cancer without that angle except Dena wanting someone to say, look at her bold gestures. It's dumb and pointless. Yep it's Dena

Antonio coming to the rescue AGAIN, is silly. Jessica has three siblings, a mother, a paternal uncle and a maternal uncle. None of them can provide a piece of live to save her, but Antonio can? Stupid.

By the way, Natalie does not provide the organ for the transplant Antonio does. Like Zara, you can't wade through the fangirl stuff to see what happens, but it is Antonio.

This Sweeps Month stunt is one more way to extend this neverending triangle. The end result will be jessica and probably Nash are thankful and agree Jessica should try to make her marriage work. Vomit. About two weeks after that the Jessica and Nash fighting their feelings cycle starts all over again.

Even without the school shooting, this is without doubt the stunt month of all stunt months: Cancer, a bomb, a car wreck, a stabbing, all masking the fact that there really is no story on OLTL these days.

• Members

I agree....the show is way, way, way too dark. There is little light hearted stuff in Llanview these days. The lighting is too dark, and the storylines are too dark.

All Dena can write are stunts. Cancer, murders, stabbing, car wrecks, break-ups, adultry, secrets, revenge, comas, hate groups, and more....

And I have to agree, the Jessica story has really come out of nowhere.

And when you look at what she had planned for sweeps....between the teen hostage storyline, Jessica's very serious illness, and yet another hate group attack....it's all about big stunts, with little build-up or after effects.

This certainly isn't the OLTL we all grew up with.

Archived