DAYS: SOD News

• Members

On the cover Sami and Lucas with the headline:Wedding Shocker! Sami's Exposed, but the Big Surprise is Even Better!

DAYS: Huge Cast Changes Fans Will Love!

As many as 10 castmembers will be joining the show in the coming months:

In addition to Mascolo, Penglis, Blackwood, Hunley, Renee Jones, Bill Hayes and Susan Seaforth Hayes - Will Utay, whose alter ago, Dr. Rolf, died in 2003, is also coming back. Additional casting for the characters of Jeremy Horton and Jett Carver are taking place. Sources say that the move is an agressive one to woo lapsed views back to the show.

"I don't know where they're getting the money to bring back 10 people back or where they have rooom on the canvas," says a setsider "But I think they going to help the show, great. I hope it works."

Penglis will first air on May 24: Mascolo first air date is June 6.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nooooo! not rolf! ugh. Bart and rolf are really not needed in this dimera family reunion.

also,why bring new characters right now? I really doubt they will be able to balance everyone.

looking forward to the Lumi wedding.thank god the storyline is finally over,I never want to see sami as the helpless pathetic victim ever again.

• Members

There goes our Renee Jones confirmation!!! :D Lick it up, King! :P JK!

And we finally get a first airdate for Stefano!!! June 6th, two days after my beloved meets her maker. :(:) I'll be in emotional confusion that week. Am I happy? Am I said? :unsure:

So Will Utay's returning as Rolf, huh? Well, no one else stays dead in Salem. Why should he? I'm not going to jump on the writers for bringing him back yet until I see how they write him. Rolf was once a serious and very sinister man before Langan got him under his pen. If Hogan can write Rolf as the serious mad scientist, I'll take it. Same thing with Bart. As long as they're serious, the way they used to be. I'm okay.

It's going to be an awesome summer!

• Members

I really don't see them having the airtime to bring back all these characters, so I'm guessing we're going to see a lot of other characters departing.

I tend to disagree with the return of Rolf. He was always Stefano's sidekick, so I actually can't imagine Stefano without him. I do despise the fact that Days is bringing back yet another person from the dead!

• Members

This could be a great thing. Just because you bring on 10 characters (I'm sure two at the max are contract, the rest are probably recurring) doesn't mean the show will instantly become all about them. With the departure of Abby, Willow and possibly a few other non-needed characters, there will be more airtime. And if this is an umbrella story, then I'm forseeing sometimes 4-5 people in a scene. It can work.....

• Members

There is a definite lack of balance right now. I imagine that the Dimera's will become frontburner tying in the Brady's. It becoming the Dimera show would not be too different from current, where its the Shawn/Belle and Steve/Kayla show, and then for the next few days it switches to someone else. Theres way tooo many characters already! :(

• Members

Rolf is SO not needed, along with Bart. They should have just done what they did with EJ, having dayplayers for the DiMera Henchmen, also like in the 80s. Rolf and Bart weren't around until 1997, and didn't help the DiMeras imagine in the late 90's, early 00's. Avoiding those two could have made this a lot easier to swallow, IMO.

With the planned story, the DiMeras are undoubtedly needed. You can love or hate her, but Lexie is necessary, at least to the point of tying up the loose end of what the hell happened to her, what she's been doing, etc. Celeste's hand in this story and connection to EJ requires her presence for a few months, at least, and if Hogan manages to work magic on her, maybe even longer.

I'm glad to see many of these confirmations in print, namely Hunley, the Hayeses, and Jones. My big question is - why are the Williamses required for the DiMera story? I realize they're close with Hope, and for good reason, but they are otherwis epretty outside of it all. Unless there's also a Horton story brewing...

I don't have a problem with Jeremy and Jett. YET. I may. I probably will. But this is one move I won't negate until I see it on my screen. Man, I sound like Tim :lol: If Jett means more airtime for the Carvers, I will be happy. If Jeremy means more airtime for the Hortons. I'll be happy. On the other hand... well, I won't go there quite yet. And casting will determine a lot in my feelign towards both characters. Let's hope the casting director is back on when it comes to these two. While I agree there's no need fr new characters, I'd rather not get in a huff about it before we see it. At least these two have connections.

• Members

Ditto. And saying that "fans will love" this! Ha ha. That is as bad as Bart. I hope they are not on as much.

And doesn't this sudden surge of returns throw the budget rumors completely out of the window (as the setsider hinted on??). These returns can work, but only if they are written in an awesome story. I hope THAT is one lesson DAYS has learned by now.

• Members

The only additions I see "wooing back lapsed viewers" are Stefano and (possibly) Tony. I love Doug & Julie but they've been supporting/special occasion characters for the bulk of the last 20 years. Anna hasn't been seen since 1986. I agree that Lexie is needed for the story but she can hardly be classed as a fan favorite. Bart & Rolf are simply figures of ridicule. And 2 more newbies in Jett & Jeremy is *so* not a prudent move at this stage.

• Members

The wedding sounds good. Glad they got a cover.

Rolf has more use then Bart. For one, the man can be evil and sadistic and that is good if he is written that way and not like Langan's cartoon. Bart is useless but I can tolerate him. Ryan is right in that only Joe, Renee, and Thaoo may be contract. Possibly LeAnn. The others are recurring. As for Jett and Jeremy, as long as their is balance they will be fine. This does sound like an epic story. I also don't think the show was referring to Jett, Jeremy, Bart, and Rolf bringing back lapsed viewers. He was referring to the big returns. However, if you think about it, alot of recent fans and young fans will remember Rolf and Bart so familiar faces that people begged for I guess are here.

That comment from the setsider says to me that Corday is fed up with NBC and is just going for it. It seems they are serious this time. There were budget problems but I don't think he cares now.

Now they said ten are returning so we have Bart, Rolf, Stefano, Lexie, Tony, Anna, Doug, and Julie. That leaves two more because they said returning and not new so I take that as two more people will be returning. Carrie? J&J?

I also think we will be seeing some Horton guest appearances because I do think a Horton story is in the works. I am thinking Doug and Julie are for that but we'll see.

Archived