DAYS: SOD News

• Members

I feel like now, more than ever, TPTB at Days are more out of touch with their fans than they've ever been.

How am I supposed to take the DiMeras seriously when they have idiots like Bart and Rolf on their payroll? They were one of the biggest reasons Days turned into a schlocky camp-fest with the DiMeras before -- part of the ruination -- and bringing them back only cements the idea in my mind that TPTB are C-L-U-E-L-E-S-S.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think there is some logic in bringing back Rolf and Bart, if we assume that there's a bunch of fans left who came in with the Saved by the Belle crowd. They're part of the Dimeras for the last few years, crappy and irritating as they are, and maybe someone could think they're necessary as a hook. For the people who haven't seen Stefano.

Wedding & After sounds amazing. Good on the show for finally having Sami & Lucas grow up a little bit, and for giving fans actual payoff. Maybe this is a sign that they're figuring out how to do that and still throw some drama in there (slideshow? awesome!).

• Members

Glad for all of the returns except for Will Utay(Dr. Rolf). He was too campy. I bet Utay & Steve Blackwood(Bart) are recurring, no need for either of these to be on contract.

I think Judi Evans(Adrienne) may just be recurring, for now.

I think Joy Bisco(Gaby) & Franc Ross(Duc) will be the next out. I hope Julie Pinson(Billie) will stay and I think she probably will. I wouldn't be surprised to see Frank Parker(Shawn, Sr.) or Josh Taylor(Roman) to be axed, maybe to start the DiMera/Brady feud storyline. I hope they won't be, but wouldnt be surprised if Suzanne Rogers(Maggie) and Peggy McCay(Caroline) are moved to re-curring.

Also Frances Reid(Alice) is no longer on the show due to her health, so that might've freed up some money.

• Members

Somehow I figured Lucas would stand by Sami, but good for him. What a refreshing change from what we would have gotten before (NO. I CAN NEVER FORGIVE YOU!!! and off they go, estranged for another six months)...

This sounds great. I'm not looking forward to Bart and Rolf (lol), but this summer sounds fantastic.

• Members

This would all be so much better if they brought Wayne back to play Roman (and Alex North had never existed). If this is indeed part of their long term plan to save the show I just wish they had the foresight a few years ago not to [!@#$%^&*] it up before this attempt even airs. IMO, a Dimera/brady story won't be complete without Wayne as Roman. But I'll take what I can get.

As for Rolf, just thinking about this goon makes me crack up. I doubt he'll be a major player.

• Members

Well, we all know Corday's best buddy Josh wont be kicked to the curb. However, at this point, I think the character of Roman is pointless. If Sami needs a "parent" they should use Marlena, or focus on rebuilding her relationship with the man that raised her, John. And they could also have Bo interact with Sami more.

I think offing Roman again (or Grandpa Shawn) would raise the stakes of the Brady v. DiMera fued.

• Members

Both Bart and Rolf used to be serious. Bart wasn't always the campy idiot. He was Stefano's right hand man at once time. He was dangerous. Rolf was the same way. He was the evil scientist that administered Stefano's scientific schemes. It wasn't until the baby switch storyline started and after that the two became comic relief.

And Kenny's right. Fans love Bart and Rolf, and they loved them when they were comic relief. I remember the outcry when Will Utay was released from the show back in 2003. And then, there were rumors that Steve Blackwood was placed on contract and would be getting a storyline involving Bonnie and Mimi. Fans were estatic, but cried when it never happened.

Bart and Rolf are fan favorites, like it or not. :unsure:

• Members

I dont think there was that much farefare over Bart and Rolf; I remember people being happy when Rolf was killed off....but that is my POV. I think the problem with Bart and Rolf is that they started to overuse the characters; They definately fall into the "less is more" category.

• Members

In my opinion....

There is no Brady/DiMera story without the two men who originally started it.

Roman Brady and Stefano DiMera.

Josh, as much as I like him, cannot hold his own in scenes with JM, and I have never saw him as Roman Brady. I would love for Wayne to come back, but after they way he was done the last time he was on the show as Alex North, unless Corday throws a skyscraper load of coin his way, I just don't see it. If the rumors are true, Drake will do nicely in the role.

As far as Bart and Dr. Rolf, I'm going to do what I try to always do - wait for them to come back on the show, and see how they'll be written, before saying that it makes no sense for them to be on there. Langan, Higley, JER - none of these people are writing the show. And if Hogan and his team can pull it off, so much the better.

It has never been who comes back to a show, IMO - it's always been how they are written when they return. They could bring on every Horton who has ever been on the show. If they are written like garbage, what was the point?

I'll just wait and see, and make my determinations later.

Archived