DAYS: SOD News

• Members

Oy Veyyyyyyyyyy.

All of these returns will not end well..........

The setside source is right. They don't have the money for all of this. And if they don't get instantaneous, HUGE ratings boost, the exits in the summer and fall are going to be huge.

Corday can be mad at NBC all he wants. He cannot spend money he does not have.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see how anyone can say they will get backburnerd when those four are the ones that MUST interact with the Dimera's.

Corday isn't that stupid. Those 4 will be frontburner at least for the rest of the year. It's after that where I worry.

Rolf and Bart are overkill but, otherwise. I think these returns are good for the show. They are all veteran actors and not young newcomers so most fans should be happy and at least cautiously optimistic.

• Members

I also agree that Anna, Rolf, Bart, Lexie, Doug, and Julie will do nothing to bring back viewers. If Carrie, Austin, Steve, and Kayla didn't...they won't.

Stefano, maybe. Soap viewership isn't what it used to be. I don't know if returns can affect the ratings anymore. The story has to be there. Hoagie hasn't proved to me he can tell a story that will bring the ratings back up to the mid 2.0's. Hope he proves me wrong.

• Members

Lots of stuff......

Days: Cast changes the fans will love

Atricle about old cast members returning. Renee Jones, Bill and Susan Hayes and Leann Hunley are all on their way back in addition to Joe Mascolo, Steve Blackwood and Thaao Penghlis. The move, sources say is to give the heavy hitters, Drake, Deidre, Peter and Kristian a storyline. Set siders are questioning how this is all being paid for. TP airs 5/24, JM 6/6

VCR alert: 5/11 Bo arrives on Tinda Lau, determined to help Shawn find Belle and Claire.

Cover Story Warm Reception: (just the highlights)

-Lucas and Sami’s wedding day approaches with the truth about EJ weighing heavy on Sami’s mind.

-The night before the wedding she wants to tell Lucas and tries to but he stops her, as if he’s afraid of what he will hear.

-At the church Marlena finds Sami crying

-Lucas goes into the brides’ room and from behind the screen (Sami is superstitious) she tries to tell Lucas but he tells her it doesn’t matter.

-The ceremony goes off without a hitch even though Kate and EJ are there

-At the reception at Chez Rouge, the drama begins.

-Marlena surprises them with a slide show of photos of Lumi through the years. A telltale shot of Sami and EJ in the car pops up unexpectedly.

-Lucas suspects Kate and ends up throwing cake in her face. Its Lucas’ way of saying, ‘I love you, but you’re not going to ruin my life and you’re not going to convince me that Sami isn’t for me.’

-Sami is embarrassed.

-Lucas surprises her by being understanding and proclaiming his love.

-Lucas sweeps Sami off her feet and on their way out pass EJ

-Sami hits EJ with a left hook and knocks him out.

-Back at the apartment Sami tells Lucas about saving him. He knew all along there was more to it and she is shocked. He tells her that if she had told him in the beginning a lot of heartache would have been saved.

-She tells him about the trade with EJ, and how she didn’t want to do it but he forced her. Again, Lucas is understanding. To him it was an ultimate sacrifice. Lucas also feels a bit guilty because she did it for him.

-Lucas tells Sami that even if the baby is EJ’s he’ll love it because its half Sami’s.

-Lucas has a chance to leave but says no, that they will face this together.

-They consummate their marriage in a fun and sexy manner.

-According to AS, ‘It’s so romantic and such a satisfying success story for Sami and Lucas. They earned this ending.’

HOTN: MBE, SN, Steve and Kayla

What will happen:

-Lucas and Sami say I do.

-Steve and Kayla are attacked by thugs

-Shawn and Gabby search for Belle and Claire

Interview with MM about working with the twins. I’ll post about that later.

Letter from a fan who is happy about Jay’s return but wants more for Philip outside of the Shelle story.

Letter from a fan who loves Nick and Chelsea.

TBN......

• Members

I agree Ponz.

Now that is a payoff for Lumi fans!!

The wedding sounds amazing and I am happy she confesses everything. I am disappointed that the rumor about Kate sympathizing isn't true but this is good enough. OH THIS MADE MY DAY!! B) .

Now people can see these returns are to give the big 4 a story. As I said, the big 4 will be featured the rest of the year. It's next year I worry about because Days always falls off after the holidays.

I am also happy Bo heads for the island. That means he is at the wedding I would think and it's also good to know Marlena is there for sure.

• Members

Rolf is coming back?

As in, campy, idiotic Dr. Rolf?

Not only do we have to suffer Bart's return, but Rolf's, as well?! Ugh! I believe that it was DrewHamilton who, last night, said that Kristen and Peter don't fit with the DiMeras anymore because Hogan is trying to turn them into a "serious, legitimate crime family." And once again, to that, I say BULLSH!T! Rolf is a bigger cartoon than anybody! And TBTP think that he is going to lure viewers back? What the hell are they smoking?! That moronic, cartoonish idiot can come back for the big DiMera replenishment, but Kristen can't? Screw off, Days!

Not only do Bart and Rolf make me throw up, but we're also getting TWO MORE NEWBIES? And this is supposed to lure viewers back? Days is desperate -- veeeerrrryyyy desperate.

And thank God someone else is questioning where they're getting the money from. I mean, I'm glad they found some... but I don't get a good feeling about it. They've probably decided to cut down to two sets per day to afford all these returns.

• Members

Fans, for whatever reason, loved the campy Bart and Rolf. They were "the comic relief," though quite lame.

They're bringing back these characters to lure in lost viewers who loved the characters. They're not going to bring them back just to turn them into totally different people -- from total camp to suddenly serious. Not gonna happen. Rolf will be the same IDIOTIC CAMPY FOOL he always was.

Just knowing that Bart and Rolf are their ideas of big ratings grabbers gives me absolutely no optimism, whatsoever. How can I trust that the story this summer is going to be great when I can't even stand half the characters -- or caricatures -- involved?!

Ughhhhhhhh.

Archived