DAYS: SOD News

• Members

Rolf > Kristen. But damn Rolf sucks. Will Utay seems like a sweet guy, but Rolf sucked.

This wedding actually sounds kind of amazing. Marlena presents a slideshow - that's so something Marlena would do. And Lucas has major character growth. I'm happy for the Lumi fans, they deserve it.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Lumi wedding sounds perfect..I'm so glad Sami tells Lucas in private, and that she actually confesses everything...Everything!!!!! thats such a change...Also its great seeing RJ and LH returns in print in SOD...hopefully Rolf is just a rumor, but maybe its just for flashbacks of stuff from the past that we haven't seen...I don't want another return from the dead..especially from a pointless character like Rolf..

And i agree where is this money coming from??????? But we did lose Mathew Ashford, Melissa Reeves, Christie Clark, Austin Peck, Billy Warlock, Brody Huxtler, Farah Faith, Jason Cook, Kyle Brandt last year...and they saved some money not paying RJ for this year...Also maybe Corday has a secret stash somewhere..If it allows for a big story for john, marlena, bo, hope i'm all for it...

• Members

From a year to date standpoint, I am sure losing Alex, Jack, Jen, Carrie, Austin, Patrick, Frankie, Mimi and Tek, freed up some change. Plus, Brandon Beemer is less expensive that Jason Cook, who had seven years wit the show. Renee Jones probably took a pay cut to return as well.

Also, is Judi Evan on contract, or is she recurring as Adrienne?

And Willow and Abby leaving should free up money for the Jett and Jeremy….and I don’t think Gabby will last long.

• Members

Ugh, I hate Rolf. Looking forward to see the others back except Lexie. Renee is fab but her charcter never interested me at all. Hated the babyswitch story mostly because Lexie was pathetic.

As for bringing on Jeremy Horton and Jett Carver. If it's done well I have nothing against it.

• Members

I'm actually all for them bringing on Jett and Jeremy..Days is losing Abby, Willow is thankfully leaving...Max is a big question mark...That leaves only Nick, Chelsea, and Stephanie as a part of the younger set...Even though there will always be fans that don't like the younger sets, they are needed...As we need different generations of characters on the show....they just don't need to be shoved down our faces..

So we will have

Jett, Jeremy, Stephanie, Chelsea, and Nick (teens/young group)-----i think Max will be written out this summer or just languish on the backburner

Belle, Shawn, Phillip (mid 20's)----i have a feeling gabby is as good as gone..

Lucas, Sami, EJ, Billie (early 30's)

John, Marlena, Bo, Hope, Steve, Kayla, Adrienne, Roman, Tony, Anna, Kate, Abe, Lexie, Celeste (the popular vets/40 year olds)

Doug, Julie, Stefano, Maggie, Victor, Caroline, Shawn Sr. (older generation)

All in all i think this would leave them a pretty solid cast...

• Members

Dr Rolf coming back? LMFAO Are there any more Dimera long lost relatives or associates to be resurrected? :lol:

It doesn't sound to me like Jack/Jen are coming back. Where would Jack fit into a Dimera vs Bradys SL?

Matt Ashford will be busy promoting one movie "The Unlikelys", and he's auditioning for another one soon.

He and Missy are too good for what is to be soon "The Dimera Show". :rolleyes:

• Members

Well if I have to take one bad apple (Will Utay as Rolf) to get 6 great ones (Evans, Mascolo, Blackwood, Jones, Hunley & Penghils) than so be it.

I could careless about Rolf.

The fact that Stefano will be back, Tony/Anna will be reunited on my screen and Lexie is back has me to the moon with excitement!!!

• Members

Won't this turn DAYS into even more of a cartoon?

OK, I could be very wrong, but is this really going to take DAYS back to ratings supremacy?

Y&R and B&B must be quaking in their boots. :lol:

• Members

We don't know who Jett Carver is yet. It's obvious that he is a relative of Abe's. Abe had 3 siblings: Theo, Karen and Jonah. Theo died in the 80s, and had no children before he died. Jonah probably ended up adopting Wendy's son, Benjamin, but if that was who Jett is, I think they would have said his name is Ben. It could be Karen's son.

• Members

I confess I'm fearing a Dimera invasion also, hopefully things will be only on a plot-dictated basis. I don't feel Stefano is a viable character for a permanent stay on the canvas, he's just too larger-than-life a villain. Bart and Rolf are clearly secondaries and arguably not even necessary in the first place. Dimera-central is just not appealing to me, those aren't the kind of stories I want to watch in the long run, but if it'll help the ratings for the summer I'll support it. That will all depend on how well the writing integrates the new characters with the old.

Archived