ATWT: What are your thoughts on Cleo

• Members

Someone (the writers, producers, actor - someone) made a big mistake in that they made Cleo's idiosyncrasies difficult to watch. The way her teeth make her sound, the way she constantly blinks...these are major distractions that have turned me off to the character, even before I really got to know her. If she was just the whiny, goofy, stupid girl without the distractions, it's possible I'd tolerate her for more than 2 seconds. As it is, if I had the choice between watching a blank screen or watching her, I'd choose the blank screen. And Gwen bores me. She used to be a fighter and now she's this weak, ingenue...except she doesn't do that well. In the same way I'd rather see tough Carly than sweet Carly, I don't care to see poor Gwen the victim anymore.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I couldn't disagree more! I think Jenn has the chops to pull this off for sure. I think she's doing an excellent job, better IMO than Martha did as Rose. Rose I just couldn't stand and thought Martha's acting as Rose was AWFUL *shudders*

• Members

What sucked was that Lily was watered down A LOT and started dressing granny-ish so Rose would seem even more colorful and outrageous.

Back on topic, the story sucks. I've never been impressed by JL in the first place, so it's no news to me that she isn't pulling it off. And I hate that they're ripping off Susan Banks... give her a more creative look.

• Members

The Gwen/Cleo overexposure is one of the big reasons why I have yet to give ATWT an A-rating again.

I totally agree with everyone who says that JL doesn't have the chops to pull it off. Gwen has got to be one of the most monotonous characters ever...I'm sure the writing contributes to that along with JL's monotonous delivery. Meanwhile, Cleo is as annoying as Gwen is boring. The excessive blinking and awkward mouth movements she does are painful to watch. And while JL uses a different voice for Cleo, she's still delivering her lines in a monotonous, one-note pitch voice. Ughh!

Archived