Y&R Discussion: Week of April 23

• Members

I think the scenes between Victoria and Brad were supposed to be understated -- Victoria knew something happened. She just got the confirmation. She's also in shock and probably feels a little stuck because of the baby. A knock down drag out would have been too predictable. Y&R is known for the fallout. The fun is just beginning. As soon as Victor, Jack, Nikki, Nick find out what happened, that's when Brad's gonna get it. (I'm sure the next Sharon/Victoria encounter will be a good one. You just know that Victoria is going to save up all that rage for Sharon.)

I have to say I do like the Brad/Sharon pairing -- I don't know why -- it just works for me. I see good stuff up ahead. There's still a lot of story to tell. Can't wait to see it play out.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the scenes between Victoria and Brad were supposed to be understated -- Victoria knew something happened. She just got the confirmation. She's also in shock and probably feels a little stuck because of the baby. A knock down drag out would have been too predictable. Y&R is known for the fallout. The fun is just beginning. As soon as Victor, Jack, Nikki, Nick find out what happened, that's when Brad's gonna get it. (I'm sure the next Sharon/Victoria encounter will be a good one. You just know that Victoria is going to save up all that rage for Sharon.)

I have to say I do like the Brad/Sharon pairing -- I don't know why -- it just works for me. I see good stuff up ahead. There's still a lot of story to tell. Can't wait to see it play out.

• Members

I lkiked the Shack wedding too, except that everything Sharon was saying was a big fat lie. Only a few days ago she was telling anyone who would listen that she didn't love Jack that she only "cared" for him. Next I know, she's spouting these wedding vows that were just a complete WTF!!?? A lot of pretty words that meant zero, which is too bad. I think Lathem committed herself to Brad/Sharon two years ago (like someone said) and she's just going to go for it, even though Jack and Sharon are the better couple (jmo obviously). But Jack and Sharon really could be interesting long term. If they had a child there would be such good long term drama in that. Just imagine the rivalry between Noah and a Shack son. Plus I've felt for awhile that it's time they settle Jack down for awhile. Have him get married and have a few kids to reestablish the Abbott clan.

I liked the scenes between Phick today. I thought it was interesting that Phyllis is hesitant to really be a step parent to Noah. I can see why she doesn't want to go there, so it's going to be interesting to see if this creates conflict.

• Members

The biggest thing about Shack's wedding that was just so fake were Jack's vows. He said the same exact thing to Phyllis a few years ago, minus the stuff about Noah's plant.

This couple was doomed from the start because both Sharon adn jack are in love with other people. I wish Sharon had been woman enough and just told Jack she couldn't marry him.

• Members

GMAB! What the hell kind of confession was that from Sharon? There was no emotion there. For a secret she's kept for several months to finally be revealed to the man she loves, that's all we get? :angry:

On a bright note, I did see some of the old Y&R today. When scenes would switch, you would hear the characters from the previous scene still talking. I loved that. Could The Hack be listening to fans and bringing back the elements that make Y&R itself? If I see a scene begin with a flowerpot I will just die.

Can't wait for Victoria vs. Sharon tomorrow. I want Nikki to grill the whore.

• Members

Oh my gosh, HypocricyNick is back. How much I missed him NOT.

Seriously, Prince Dickolas, his f*cked-up wife and Gloria can go to hell!

The Nick/Victoria conversation was dreadfully boring at the beginning but at least Vickie MUMBLED Nick's sorry ass off.

Only thing I liked was Nikki's breakfast with Victor. I was ROFL all the time.

• Members

I had to sit back and laugh at Brad talking all that smack...Had to laugh even harder at Victoria, Nick and Sharon all coming off as pathetic...Each of them slinging everyone else's mistakes, trying so hard to sweep their dirt under the rug.

And we all know that tomorrow's episode where Phyllis confesses is because someone most likely confronted her butt, accusing her of telling Victoria what went down.

• Members

If that's the case (Nick with Sharon, Phyllis with Jack, Victoria with JT), who would Brad be left to be paired with? I mean, they could always do a redux of Brad and Nikki. How about Brad and Jill? I personally want Brad and Lauren. :D

Archived