DAYS: More on the "one year ahead" rumor...

• Members

Colin? Now that is random :huh:

I know at one point there were hints at him being a major part of the Brady/Dimera feud. That is probably why, if it's true. I honestly didn't mind Melvey. His character was useless but he was ok towards the end when he turned more slimy and sadistic. I see more purpose then him then Bart. He is Shawn Sr's nephew and it was clear he knew something about the Brady/Dimera feud. I would prefer others to return but I can see why this would happen. Doesn't mean I don't want him to return though.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This damn DiMera resurgence is not making this Days fan happy. I would have been fine with Tony, but Bart and Colin, too? Better stay a rumor or I'll doubt Hogan's ability to play Tony right.

I do, however, love the first part. And I still love the idea of Sami being contrived into being EJ's wife.

• Members

Well, I'd love it if Kate joined forces with Sami -- for real for once -- and plotted EJ's death. I mean, DAMN! Three big-ticket "Days" actresses in such a "girl power" storyline, trying to kill the bad guy?! INSTANT ratings hike. There's no way it could fail.

DO IT, HOGAN.

• Members

FYI guys: I don't smell bullshit, based on the timeline I mean.

Think: Marls could be in the coma or whatever, for two months (May - July) THEN wake up, and realize it's 2008. It makes sense. It could work. Look how long John was in the coma (and still is). Nothing wrong with the timeline here...

• Members

I'm with those who think they might as well go with the jump forward. Not too thrilled about Sami the Dimera, but I like Sweeney enough to give it a shot. The only real downfall, imho, is what they plan to do with Alice, since there will most likely be a need for a tribute episode soon, unfortunately. It could be difficult to give viewers the emotional stuff we would want and deserve while balancing unfamiliar storylines and reconfigured character relationships.

And I love the Kate-Sami-Celeste thing. That's my freakin' dream for the way the story should play out, especially if they plan to keep Kate around (it'd be pretty low for her to deny that Sami was raped, imho).

As for Colin- whatever. They tried to force him on us once then gave up. Then they brought on Patrick and Tek, and gave up. I can't see him lasting. However, if we get him instead of Dr. Rolf- I would totally take that.

• Members

Days should've went after Eileen and I wanted her back but there is no sense dwelling on it anymore. I know Eileen said that Corday never contacted her but there may be alot we don't know. Perhaps Eileen always knew about the B&B thing and maybe Corday caught wind of that and backed off. Not making excuses but I just hate to keep dwelling on it because all it does is disappoint me :lol: .

Having said that, I wouldn't say that this Dimera resurgence isd bad. The Bart part is the worst. I see no purpose for him. Colin had alot unexplained and while I don't care for the character or actor, there were hints he knew alot about the Brady/Dimera thing. I see Colin is being temporary anyway. There is rumors that Thaoo is only back for several months but that Joe's stay may be more permanent, if he agrees to return. I honestly see Tony being short-term, Stefano being long-term, and Colin being a limited run to serve some purpose. It's all a case of waiting and seeing and not condeming until we know more. As I said, the Dimera's are fantastic when written correctly.

Now we know that the Brady/Dimera feud, John waking up, EJ, and something big involving the Horton's (Doug and Julie's return) are big this summer. If they were going to do this one year ahead thing, that may conflict with much of this IMO. That is why I can't see it happening. Maybe they will do it as an out of body experience for Marlena or as something to trick the fans for a week or something. Again, it's all about waiting to hear more and seeing the execution. I learned a long time ago never to condemn anything until you see it.

Archived