DAYS: More on the "one year ahead" rumor...

• Members

Megan Hathaway was Stefano's daughter. She was Bo Brady's former high school girlfriend who became obsessed with him and destroying his relationship with Hope. Think Jan Spears. ;) Anyway, Larry Welch was planning to kill Hope by electricuting her in a hot tub. Hope wasn't in the hot tub though. It was really Megan.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"Days needs to just go all out now. They're fighting for their lives right? Why not try something new!"

I agree that DAYS should try something new. Considering that DAYS has been infested by these lame stunts that only serve to bump up the sweeps ratings a couple points, perhaps they should try something new and write a solid, LOGICAL, and well written story. I think that's a pretty damn revolutionary idea, don't ya think? DAYS has done "lame sweeps stunt" far too often. They don't need another one.

• Members

Sorry, I have to nitpick at this :lol: :

Actually, it was Megan who planned to kill Hope in the hotub. But she overheard Larry having a talk with a freind(mabye about the Prisms) and it resulted in Larry and Megan fighting, him killing Megan by her hitting her head, and then he stuck her in the hotub.

But yeah, it would be nice for the DiMera's to mention the dead/fallen ones once in a while. Because, Megan's death was the actual origin of Stefano's hate for Bo and Hope.

• Members

Think JER. Writing one year into the future. That would definitely be a first in a soap. Aging all the characters one year and placing information needed to get to 2008 as anyone's guess. I'm not buying it and really can't see anyone else buying it either. Now, the other way around, saying she woke up from the time she disappeared in the trunk to now and all that transpired inbetween might could be sold, but why? What is wrong with working everything out in the schedule of real time (lol Days real time).

• Members

Anna and Kate are VERY different. But as different as they are, they share similarities. Mostly, they're both devious women who know how to get what they want, and I'd much rather see Anna back... I just don't see it happening, so I don't dare hope for it!

• Members

I want Anna back too but I have accepted she probably won't be back now, especially now with Corday's 15 years comment. Kate is similar in a way but that is not why I see potential for her and Tony. I remember that tango they had and I just think there was chemistry there worth exploring.

• Members

No time. Not a lot of fan patience left, either, I'd say.

I think of it this way.

I could sit through the Chelsea/Nick romance, for example, with dozens of contrivances, many of which I've seen with dozens of other, more compelling couples, watching them pull apart and push together for a year.

Or I could fast forward and get a neat little mystery about how things got to where they are. And I hold no illusions about the resolution of that mystery- it'll be craptastic, as is the current trend with soap mysteries. But I love the online speculation and...possibility that can/will be created from that mystery. I'd rather have this. But then, I know I'm a lazy, bad fan at this point.

Kate with Tony would rock. Kate doing something other than meddling would rock.

• Members

Whether or not it's executed badly (and I'm sure it would be), this one year ahead plan is a horrible idea. It will be accomplish nothing but to add to the sense of "where has Days of our Lives gone?" that so many viewers are experiencing. Continuity of storylines is no less important than continuity of characters. Why negate the comforting effect of core characters returning with the jarring effect of a story like this? I have seen Hogan criticised for jumping from "point A to point D" while leaving out important "moments" in between. This gimmick would basically take the same flaw and multiply it by 1000.

And what would be the point? Bo/Hope and John/Marlena aren't involved in storylines ANYWAY so jumping ahead one year won't accomplish anything with them. Shelle & Chelsea/Nick are both at promising stages in their romances. 12 months crammed into a series of "flashbacks" is a poor substitute for watching a romance progress in real time. And breaking up Sami/Lucas straight after her first successful wedding in 14 years would be bad enough...but to "tell" viewers that this happened without any on-screen regression of the relationship would be outrageous (and not in a good way).

As gimmicks go, this is not even a good one. Stories like the Possession, Buried Alive, the SSK etc. provided shock value and ratings spikes for several months. The novelty of this "jump ahead" crap will wear off after a couple of episodes. I hope this is just some poster's overactive imagination because if this does happen, it would undoubtedly be the final nail in DAYS' coffin.

With the return of Stefano & Tony, the promised resolution of the Brady/Dimera feud and a potential murder mystery involving Elvis, Hogan has enough material to write a compelling Summer/July Sweeps. The last thing he needs is to get sidetracked writing this pointless "gimmick for the sake of a gimmick".

Archived