DAYS: More on the "one year ahead" rumor...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't see it happening but I wouldn't be opposed to them doing something like that for fun in a special episode or maybe like a special week that they can call like a "Topsy Turvy" week or something. It would be fun if portrayed like that and it may give the show a little ratings spike as fans would tune in out of curiosity. It would not be acceptable as a long term thing that forever changes the show. I just hope my instinct is right and that they don't do this. It would feel like we as viewers missed too much and it takes away from the journey we usually take with characters to get from one point to another.

• Members

"With the return of Stefano & Tony, the promised resolution of the Brady/Dimera feud and a potential murder mystery involving Elvis, Hogan has enough material to write a compelling Summer/July Sweeps. The last thing he needs is to get sidetracked writing this pointless "gimmick for the sake of a gimmick"."

ITA. Ponz, you said it better than I did. There's material there for one hell of a summer. Why corrupt that for an arguably unneeded gimmick.

• Members

The idea of it being 2008 does sound interesting, but I'm not sure if I'd really want it to happen. While it may be fun for viewers to uncover the events that led the new 2008, I'm afriad the storyline could have the opposite effect and leave viewers lost and bored. Sort of like the LOST effect. I'm sick and tired of being LOST and not know what's going on, and that's why I no longer watch the show. I also remember when they did this on ALIAS. Sydney lost two years of her life and the entire season was spent learning of what happened in those two years. Then, it was revealed Sydney erased her own memory in a huge let down. DAYS' slogan has always been "Miss a Day, Miss a lot", this new idea really does give a new definition to that catch phrase. "Miss a day, Miss a year!"

Archived