DAYS: More on the "one year ahead" rumor...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow Phoenix you were right, Joe M. is back as Stefano..supposedly he has agreed to return and will start a few weeks after Thaao returns...This is so exciting...I seriously agree with those who are saying the show is about to make a major turnaround....

• Members

That's what the source of the rumor is now claiming. Except he/she initially said the accident would happen on the Friday and Marlena would awaken 1 year ahead on the Monday. This reeks of someone making stuff up as they go along.

• Members

Well, don't give me too much credit :lol: . We know they wanted him for at least a short-term run before, probably because he was asking too much. Now we get Corday making comments about people coming back from the last 15 years and then there is word of a major Dimera resurgence with Steve Blackwood saying that Stefano will be back and some shape or form. Joe was never against returning. It just took the right situation and Days needs him there to tell the stories they wish to tell. All the signs were there, which is why I knew he would be returning for at least a short run but I have this feeling he may be a long-term return. I am hoping he goes back to the coming and going Stefano...the one who stays for a bit and then goes off only to return at some other point to shock the hell out of you. He began to get watered down staying in Salem as a resident all the time.

I also think Tony may just be short-term. If they investing in the character and redeeming him, then maybe he won't be so we'll see. I think if Colin does return he will be making a temporary return like he did in 2004. He will fulfill his purpose to shed light on the Brady/Dimera feud and then leave in some fashion. I know Lexie is coming back. Her exit was wide-open and they mention her all the time. Plus, Corday said that he wanted to rest the character and RJ is still available and said she would only return to Days. RJ is one that will come back with a pay cut so seeing her before summer's over is not a stretch at all. Like Stefano's return, all the signs are there.

I am with Ponz in thinking this one year thing sounds made up. It reminds of the dream rumor that floated around for the entire duration of JER's writing. Every few months that rumor that everything would turn out to be Sami's dream while in a coma after falling through the window at Tony's kept popping up and it never came to pass. Under JER or after he left, that would've been a good time to do one of these dream or one year ahead things so we could erase things like the island, Jack dying all the time, etc. Now it would be stupid and I just don't see it happening. Pushing one year ahead would conflict with the stories we heard will be in play like John waking up, the Brady/Dimera feud, etc I would think. I can see Days doing this for one episode or one week as some kind of topsy-turvy thing or special episode just for fun. They may even try to trick people into thinking it's realy by promoting it as such and that would be fine. I just can't see them moving ahead a year and sticking to it for good. Besides, it would be confusing as hell and would limit them in some ways as you don't know what will be happening in 2008 in the world yet and so on.

• Members

I'm not all that excited about Stefano returning, if it's true. Been there, done that... it's played. I'm ready for something fresh and exciting, not another rehash of the same ole, same ole.

Stefano, like Tony, was a complete cartoon by the time he left. And although I still prefer him over Tony, I just don't think he's a necessary player right now. I'm tired of every story on the show being run by an eeeevil DiMera. Everytime there's a shocking reveal -- such as the gloved hand -- guess who's always behind it? A frickin' DiMera. By Days tossing everything aside and going back to the 'tried and true' DiMera fold, it says to me: "We've run out of ideas, so now we have to try a rehash and pray it works."

• Members

C'mon Kenny, you know you could go for this: A final DiMera Family dinner, with Stefano, Tony, Lexie, Benji and EJ all gathered together in the mansion, giving a toast to their fallen kin Megan, Peter, and Kristian (but it would have been sooo much better if she was there, could you image how awesome that would be).

• Members

With good writing, the Dimera's will hardly be played out. I agree that both were cartoons when they left but this is a different writer now that deals in character-driven plots. Hogan likes to ground characters and give them layers. There is alot for the Dimera's to do. Many can also say that Kristen is played out too. I mean, some could ask what could her return do? We've already been there done that with her, John, and Marlena Who else would she interact with other then her family? That is my point. I love Eileen and Kristen but even I wondered how much purpose she would have coming back other then another rehash of her, John, and Marlena and being involved in her family's dealings. I know when I think regularly about storiies I always think about bringing Kristen into my blog and I have come up with some great ideas. There are many but there is no telling if fans will like them or if the TBTB would even consider ideas such as those. I probably will bring her on some day but my point is some may find her played out too. You complain about the Dimera's being involved in everything yet you clamor for Kristen to return...and SHE IS A DIMERA!! :lol:

Whether a character is played out or not is depedent on the view of the individual. The fact that there is a different writer at Days means that itt could be different this time. I am not guranteeing a slam dunk but I certainly am not going to condemn what is happening until I see it. There are many others you can bring back but, as much as I hate Corday's 15 years comment, he has a point. I beleive that many of the fans that are still sticking with Days are fans of the 90's era and are younger fans. I think that is why he brings back the Dimera's because these fans will know who they are and long-time fans also remember their heyday. Yes, there are the Alamains and Kiriakis's and so on but you run into the same trouble with them that you did with Steve/Kayla and others. It's harder for the younger and morre recent fans to invest and feel a connection to those characters unless they know the history. Longtime fans like me from the 80's will remember these people and be overjoyed but the fans from the 90's and on won't care all that much. Having said that, it's the story that will bring in the ratings and not the actual return. We saw that with Austin and Carrie and Steve and Kayla. Steve and Kayla got hurt big time by the transition and Austin and Carrie were placed back into a story that was recycled and nothing but a rehash in hopes that the show could recreate the magic. It failed and their return actually felt more like the show bringing them back just for numbers and not having an actual story planned.

I have thought very few characters on Days have been played out over the years. I think the only recent ones were Carrie and Austin and that is because JER nearly destroyed them so they needed to be rested for awhile.

• Members

I did like the brief Tony/Sami/Lucas triangle that Higley wrote in 03 but seriously...Thaao is over 30 years older than Ali. Writing them in any kind of sexual/romantic capacity would be ICK, IMO.

They should put Tony with Kate. The woman desperately needs a love interest.

• Members

I was interested in the Tony/Sami stuff too until Tony went all nutso. I don't think I could take them as a couple but I did like his facination with her. I think it had some of the same elements we are getting now with Sami/EJ but I don't expect to see a Tony/Sami thing.

I would like Tony/Kate. I have seen people on other boards support this. She does need a love interest and Thaoo did say he likes working with her. If Tony is written right, he can be rather charming and sophiscated and that would suit well with Kate. I remember Higley played with the Tony/Kate idea for a bit and I did like it.

Archived