GH: Night Shift Cast Announced

• Members

General Hospital: Night Shift Cast Announced

This just in... SOAPnet has released its cast list for General Hospital: Night Shift. The drama begins shooting its 13 episodes on April 20 and debuts in July. FYI, Billy Dee Williams is a series regular as Toussaint, "a man with a haunted past." And here's a rundown of the General Hospital daytimers who will participate in the nighttime spin-off:

• Steve Burton (Jason Morgan)

• Kimberly McCullough (Robin Scorpio)

• Jason Thompson (Patrick Drake)

• Kirsten Storms (Maxie Jones)

• Julie Marie Berman (Lulu Spencer)

• Natalia Livingston (Emily Quartermaine)

• Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth Spencer)

• Kent King (Lainey Winters)

• Jason Gerhardt (Coop Barrett)

• Josh Duhon (Logan Hayes)

• Lindze Letherman (Georgie Jones)

• Kiko Ellsworth (Stan Johnson)

• Sonya Eddy Epiphany Johnson)

• Minae Noji (Kelly Lee)

• Bradford Anderson (Damian Spinelli)

• Adrian Alvarado (Cruz Rodriquez)

• Derk Cheetwood (Max Giambetti)

• Richard Gant (Russell Ford)

• Wendy Braun (Ms. Sneed)

http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-...-News/700000047

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

why is this made completely of GH regulars? I thought it was going to be new characters with ties to the current ones and the GH characters would pop up as needed. Now it seems just like another hour of GH

it is. 11 of those characters are involved with the hospital and the rest have ties to them

• Members

They are casting new characters. But in order to establish the show first, they need to use the characters people are used to seeing. It is supposed to be very hospital centric. Kimberly McCullough and Jason Thompson are supposed to be the "stars" of the show.

• Members

I want to check this out but seeing Steve Burton's name listed first makes me worry. Whenever I've watched GH on Soapnet, when I see Jason or Sonny I just change the channel. I've always like Kimberly McCollough so the promise of her starring in this made it appealing to me.

• Members

God, why are people so quick to jump on things and trash them? Give it a freaking chance, please.

I personally like the cast and think they have a nice set up. We're getting some recurring actors that aren't used much on GH. Hopefully we see more of them.

I'm happy and can't wait to watch it. And Drew ... what Cheap said. Um, there's at least 11 characters with ties to the hospital and the rest are connected some which way.

• Members

There seems to be people already complaining that they won't be able to see people like Robin and Patrick if they don't have Soapnet. I am guessing these characters are going to fluctuate between GH and NS. I don't get why Jason is there other then maybe he has something going on with Liz or Emily. I see why they have to use the established characters to get the show off the gound but I sure hope they give new characters just as much focus and I also hope GH doesn't use this as an excuse to not use Robin and Patrick and some of the other GH characters as much on GH (I know they will use Jason just as much but Robin and Patrick always seem to get slighted in regards to the frontburner lately (Emily is getting that treatment recently too but I don't care for her so I digress.).

I am very interested in this but I don't want it to be some GH ripoff only with a tad more focus on medical issues. It needs to more then that IMO.

• Members

Actors will fluctuate between the two shows. People are forgetting that Jason is the father of Lizzie McSmirky Smirk's child aka baby Jizuz, so he may be on there to help her with the baby. And just because Steve is listed as a cast member doesn't mean Jason will be there all of the time. He could just be on recurring.

Patrick & Robin's story is expected to pick up and will be heavily aired on both GH and Night Shift. I'm sure ABC & SOAPnet will work something out to air the show online for those w/o SOAPnet.

• Members

I'll be checking it out. There are characters I actually like to see on this, aside from Jason, rather than on the real show when I hate about 40% of the cast, and that percentage is the main cast that's shown.

Archived