March 26-30, 2007

Toups

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't have access since I'm not at work so I had to wait until a friend of mine got back to me. It was a bad week for all soaps.

Final Standings

1 Y&R 3.9

2 B&B 2.9

3 GH 2.5

4 ATWT 2.3

4 AMC 2.3

4 OLTL 2.3

7 DOOL 2.1

8 GL 2.0

9 PS 1.3

ABC

ALL MY CHILDREN

Monday 2.5

Tuesday 2.3

Wednesday 2.4

Thursday 2.2

Friday 2.2

GENERAL HOSPITAL

Monday 2.6

Tuesday 2.4

Wednesday 2.7

Thursday 2.4

Friday 2.5

ONE LIFE TO LIVE

Monday 2.4

Tuesday 2.3

Wednesday 2.4

Thursday 2.2

Friday 2.4

CBS

AS THE WORLD TURNS

Monday 2.2

Tuesday 2.4

Wednesday 2.5

Thursday 2.3

Friday 2.3

BOLD AND BEAUTIFUL

Monday 2.8

Tuesday 3.0

Wednesday 3.0

Thursday 3.0

Friday 2.7

GUIDING LIGHT

Monday 2.0

Tuesday 2.0

Wednesday 2.0

Thursday 2.0

Friday 2.0

YOUNG AND THE RESTLEESS

Monday 4.0

Tuesday 4.0

Wednesday 4.2

Thursday 3.8

Friday 3.8

NBC

DAYS OF OUR LIVES

Monday 2.2

Tuesday 2.3

Thursday 2.0

Friday 2.1

PASSIONS

MONDAY 1.5

Tuesday 1.3

Wednesday 1.4

Thursday 1.3

Friday 1.3

• Members

Seeing these numbers I think it couldn´t be more obvious. Soaps are dead. Atleast in the way we knows them. No matter who is on, no matter if the writing is good or bad, literally each day there are some viewers who stops watching and there is nobody new to replace them.

It´s really time for networks to do something drastic. People aren¨t watching during a day anymore and it´s time to reflect that. I believe the only way soaps can survive is change their airtime and air them later, around 5-7pm when people CAN watch them. It works all around the world, and I don´t see one reason why US should be any different.

• Members

GH deserves to lose all the gains it has made. Not one couple is happy. Not ONE. Viewers don't watch soaps for zero romance and for the psychos to constantly smirk and win.

I wish Guza would get that already.

But besides GH, this is an awful week for every soap. These numbers are a travesty.

• Members

Surprised ATWT didnt go up. Tuesday Lucinda returned to find out here company was no longer hers(2.4). Wednesday was all the teen stuff and Barbara/Iris...which got the highest of the week(2.5). Thursday was Emma and Lucinda's talk and Craig telling Lucinda she would get WW back if she gave him the info about where Lucy and her son were.

I can just imagine next weeks numbers for ATWT. This week has been very boring.

• Members

You are right I should look at the bright side of things, with the +20,000 in viewers plus last weeks +100,000 at least we are up 120,000 over what we were 3 weeks ago. :) I just still think Thursday and Friday should have been higher, plus that would have shown JP what we really want instead the highest ratings days were the days when the teens were taking over the show.

Archived