March 26-30, 2007

Toups

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am hoping Days gets it together real soon. Although I actually do enjoy the characters I am seeing daily, I miss J/M B/H J/J alot as well. The stories are stale already with what we do see everyday, hint hint thats why the stories are stale. Being on everday makes it go too fast and you end up with way too much filler. Bring Shawn and Belle home already, Wake John up, Bring Jack back permanently, get rid of the fluff charcters, bring on an adventure with the super couples. If that means bringing more Dimera's back, even better!

• Members

It's not just one soap -- from what I see a number of them are in trouble. Latham started with some good stories on Y and R , but perhaps taking on Executive Producer wasn't such a good move. Under her watch, we've had VR leave, now two other actors, letting Eileen Davidson go. Ratings are following. ATWT is becoming All Teen Woes Today. DOOL is little better. Passions is now a lame duck. AMC still faces major exoduses of pets after letting vet talent go. OLTL can't seem to keep its contract negotiations from upstaging the onscreen drama. GH may be getting a spinoff, but seems to be stuck in repetitive, predictable storylines about the mob. I'd comment on GL except I don't even know when its on in Chicago.

• Members

Soaps really are in bad shape. I think most of us have seen it coming but its still sad. The fact is they are trying to build a new audience where one does not exist. Quite simply most young people today are not into the soap genre. I work with teens I know what they like. The few that are interested, were raised the same way I was - watching them with a parent or grandparent. That is the only way soaps are going to survive is by maintaining the audience they had/have. Instead they seem to be doing everything in their power to turn away this audience for one that does not exist. Basically they are killing themselves with their need to bring things down to a teen level when teens are not even interested in these stories. ABC daytime is the worst. I really believe their numbers would be way better if they would just get rid of the shocking plot [!@#$%^&*] and focus on basic storytelling. Unfortunately trying to get Frons to realize this is like trying to teach a pig to read. I have more faith in the pig and thus have the strong feeling its only going to get worse.

• Members

Latham is murdering Y&R so these ratings aren't surprising. All the good bits from last year were thanks to her being teamed with Kay Alden and Jack Smith. I was a big supporter last year, but now that I see how it is with just her I know what a hack she is.

The show is EXTREMELY plot driven and they aren't giving these actors good stuff to do. Instead of all these new characters they need to reestablish the core families and characters we care about. The only new character needed and that fits (Ji Min) is severely wasted. It's like anything good or that we like they avoid.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Apr 7 2007, 09:21 PM)
Latham is murdering Y&R so these ratings aren't surprising. All the good bits from last year were thanks to her being teamed with Kay Alden and Jack Smith. I was a big supporter last year, but now that I see how it is with just her I know what a hack she is.

That is precisely how I feel about Jean Passanante on ATWT, practically word for word, LOL.

• Members
Your post is right on time...But why cant they(the powers that be) see this?WHY?! I dont undertsand it i truly dont!.....I want the soaps to stay on the air,but the powers that be are killing them!I just read Ken Corday's comments about days in SOD....Why would he as a E.P. and owner let Hogan write out the big 4 for MONTHS...He says it was always the plan...WHY?! Shame on S.O.D. for not pushing the issue..I would have asked why would you do this.have u not learned anything from the PAST?!"..As much as we complain about the current wirters of the soaps my question is this:Who do we get to replace the current writers?Do we reach back in to the past and get people like Marliyn Thoma,Sherri Anderson,Pam Long?Do u think that would work?

• Members

Compared from the week February 12-16, 2007

1. Y&R 3.9/14 (-0.7)

2. B&B 2.9/10 (-0.4)

3. GH 2.5/8 (-0.7)

4. AMC 2.3/8 (-0.5)

4. ATWT 2.3/8 (-0.3)

4. OLTL 2.3/8 (-0.3)

7. DAYS 2.1/8 (-0.4)

8. GL 2.0/7 (-0.3)

9. PSNS 1.3/5 (-0.3)

Archived