Gloria Fisher Abbott 'Part Deux' is Crap Thread

crc

• Members

This is one of the mysteries of Chapman. From what I've heard about her on Ryan's Hope and GH, she was great, but here? No way. I think it's mainly because she's miscast and doesn't know who Gloria is. Or Y&R. She needs to go to an NBC soap with this acting.

Joan Van Ark was capable of doing very subtle comedy, but she could also do the dramatic stuff, she could do it all basically. A good example is the great rivalry building with Ashley, with Chapman it's crap. Another is her relationship with her sons. There was so much no on the paper that she conveyed in those scenes, this is why Gloria is still around today, because of Joan. I'm 100% that if Chapman had originated the role she wouldn't have lasted more than a 13-week cycle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, gosh! As Chad was so kind to reminds us, it's been a year now since Judith Crapman....oops...I meant Chapman... has graced our TV sets with her campy, over-acting, scenery-chewing, head-bobbing, eye-popping presence! :P

What could have been if JVA was still in the role. Especially with Ted Shackelford coming onboard as Ashley's prosecutor. What could have been... :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

She was on SoapTalk today looking a hot mess, but she did have some interesting things to say. I still hate her as Gloria and will always hate her as Gloria, but I really am interested in her Ryan's Hope storyline! Everything I hear about it sounds so exciting and I love when they go into the Irish side of the Ryan's.

Archived