Gloria Fisher Abbott 'Part Deux' is Crap Thread

crc

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ROTFLMAO!!!

We know how to have fun. And she makes it so easy. We oughta start a drinking game. LOL!

Gloria would have to have a closed casket funeral because she'd might frighten people as they come up to her coffin to pay their respects and those peepers pop out. Boinnggggg!!!

• Members

I'm jumping on the bandwagon as I've just started watching regularly again.

I'd always thought Gloria was inoffensive enough as a background character.

Then I saw yesterday's episode. Judith Chapman was in the hospital scenes. She spoke. My mind was made up.

• Members

:lol: We would all be dead in no time! :D

God I hate this woman so much! I've tried and tried to take her seriously, love and understand her but it's not happening. Her reaction to this whole Tom/Lauren/Sheila drama has been hilarious and the only thing dragging the storyline down. WTF is she thinking half the time?!

I really wish Joan was still in the role, I'm sure she'd be more menacing and probably a serious suspect in Tom's murder. I also could see her and Ashley (or Sheila) making a KILLER team.

• Members

If you watched Joan Van Ark, she was funny and sassy and smart! She did comedy but in a subtle way, she just nailed Gloria. Joan Van Ark's Gloria seems much different than Chapman's, and yeah she did do comedy. When Gloria was first introduced she was a BAD mother, it wasn't surgarcoated, they didn't add in the stupid Tom storyline to gain sympathy for Gloria, she fessed up to how bad she actually was.

I don't know, perhaps it's a combination of both the writing (because the writing did change when Van Ark left) and the actress, but Gloria is IMO barely watchable.

• Members

Whenever she's on, it's like oil and vinegar. Everyone else is playing a very dramatic scene straight and then camera gets on her and she's all campy. You think you're watching a comedy routine. She just doesn't fit Y&R's usual tone. Although, I liked the Gloria and JoAnna stuff. But that was supposed to be camp and fun.

I think I'd get what others see in her if she'd play the role with more subtlety. She doesn't have to be manic 24/7. Even the most melo-dramtic person mellows out every once in a while.

Archived