SOD Cover

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt it's Peter and Kristian. They just don't seem like the type. Well, maybe Kristian because I do here she can be a little funny at times. I guess I will say it's Kristian and Drake. I know there was something about Deidre taking a cut and Peter has been on more then Kristian this year so I am thinking maybe he has been on more because he agreed to the cut. Maybe that is partly why Kristian and Drake have been absent but so has Deidre so go figure. Of course, Kristiak has a upcoming clothing line and already has a jewerly line and movie coming up along with that reality mom thing.

As for Tony, I want to see him under Hogan. I don't think they need him to return but it seems like he is and I am for it as long as it's the Tony of old. Hogan can do wonders for him and Stefano.

Someone mentioned the Dimera's can't bring back lost viewers but they can if written write. If Corday holds to his word and Tony and/or Stefano is written true to form, fans will come back. No doubt about it.

I am curious to see the details of some of these stories because it seems like we hear more from the stars about this situation at Days.

• Members

I'll pass on another issue of the plan to save Days. Cancel it already since this is the millionth Hail mary. Even people on the Titanic knew when to jump ship.

I'm glad David spoke up on behalf of his character. I wish the show would stop propping those Carey b*tches. They deserve their karma.

I won't be sad if RH leaves ATWT. He is as boring as watching paint dry and I'm quite satisfied with TSJ in the role of Todd on OLTL.

• Members

Saw this at my Peg board:

http://beta.soapzone.com/boards/read.php/gh/main/8254626

SQUEEZE PLAYS

Soap Execs Flex Their Muscles With A-List Players

Not so long ago, shows would do whatever it takes to hold on to big-name stars, but thanks to dropping ratings and tightened budgets, the balance of power is shifting. Some of daytime's heavy hitters, including Y&R's Joshua Morrow (Nick) and ATWT's Roger Howarth (Paul), among others, are playing hardball with executives - and losing.

According to insiders, Howarth, whose contract is set to expire in late spring, was reportedly asked to take a pay cut during negotiations, a common practice these days. RH said no, so the show made him another offer. At press time, sources told SOD that the popular RH and the show were trying to work out a new deal. His absence would further diminish ATWT's depleted male population in his age range, especially if Grayson McCouch's (Dusty) pilot is picked up and he leaves. Setsiders have insisted that despite the prickly negotiations, Howarth (who joined ATWT in 2003 and is well-liked around the studio) was hoping to stick with his current gig, even though OLTL is rumored to have made it clear that the door is open for his return as a possible relative for Todd, the iconic character he played on and off from 1993 - 2003.

Or maybe not even a relative - OLTL is currently embroiled in negotiations with Renee Goldsberry (Evangeline) as well as Trevor St John's Todd. But even contract extras are more difficult to come by, as shows make it clear who's in charge. Insiders say that the holdup with RG is the show's unwillingness to meet her contract demands, which reportedly include outs to do other projects.

As for Morrow, sources say he, too, was asked to take a pay cut and balked. The show quickly sent out a casting call for "Victor, Jr.", who is Hope's son with the elder Newman magnate, but the boy, born in 1995, doesn't quite match up with the description of the 30-something character. Of course, soaps play fast and loose with characters' ages, but the description sounds curiously like, if not a recast Nick, a way to fill the hole that an exiting Nick would leave. Although Morrow ultimately did sign a new five-year deal with the show, there is backstage buzz that Y&R had a plan B to kill off Nick in a fiery end had talks with the actor fallen apart.

Archived