The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yesterday I just had a terrible evening...so much so that I went to sit by the window. I was at my most saddest and two special friends just seemed to be there; didn't give advice; didn't judge me, didn't tell me how I need to 'get over'...simply listened and told me how much I mean to them; told me how I truly am 'family' to them. While it made me cry harder, it felt good to know that I have someone to lean on and just be there for me not only when I am at my best but also at my worst.

• Members

Had a craptastic day at work today. I answer phones for a financial institution and people were just rude. I actually said thank you to someone after she gave me an answer and she replied, "Don't try to be polite to me, cut the sh!t and don't thank me" I was stunned, and just said, ok, I won't say it again.

Then I screwed up a memo that I was to send out. There was a confusing piece of information that I had to decipher and I got 90% of it right and checked with someone on the last piece of information. She assured me I was right and I sent the memo out (at least it was only to five other people) But those five jumped on me that it was all wrong, etc. It was just craptastic!

Thank God it's the weekend

• Members

^^^Tishy, I am sorry to hear that folks were being so rude to you. I had some doozies myself while on the phone...I had one woman one time tell me that I shouldn't say the word "okay" because it wasn't 'Okay" I finally asked her "Well what do you want me to say then since you won't let anyone say anything to try to make you feel at ease?" I guess that stunned her cause she hung up the phone.

If you want to PM me you know what to do :)

• Members

Thanks Venus. I should be used to it by now....my client who will remain nameless sucks and the people who work there are just impossibly rude to us.

You kow, I had a dream the other night Venus with you, Roman and Daysfan in it. Not that I know who any of you look like, but you were random people in my dream and I was calling you by your screennames. I was on a ranch or something and you three were there. It was odd. Lately I have been having the strangest dreams

• Members

^^Was it one of those instances where you dream about the last few people that you may have had contact with? :)

I have dreams like that all the time....I dream about some my online friends too, especially after I have ended my evening talking to them shortly before going to bed.

I've been doing things via phone for so long that I am deprogrammed to the rudeness at times... But there are times where I will put a caller in 'check' when I think they have crossed the line with me...i do it so slyly that the supervisor doesn't know I'm going off on the customer; but the customer does.

• Members

Tishy, this may seem silly but I am honored to be in your dreams or at least one! A ranch? I don't usually go to them nowdays but Roman seems like a ranch type of guy.....

I've been IMing all the people who are online on AIM, LOL. I am just so excited because the weekend is finally HERE!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Archived