GLAAD Media Award Winner

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought ATWT had the best story of 2006, but thought AMC might win because they at least have an active story going right now. ATWT and GH completely dropped theirs.

I read an interesting article this week and didn't realize that shows from Logo and here! are not eligible for GLAAD Awards. If Logo produced a daytime soap that was awesome, they still would not able to win the best Daily Drama award from GLAAD. To me, it's like discriminating against yourself.

• Members

The storyline from a Zarf/Zoe perspective has been very real and I think respects the transgendered community.... so for that they deserve this award but in terms of Bianca and Zoe? No way.

If you ask me no daytime soap has relaly been able to handle the homo sexuality issue long term. ATWT completely dropped the ball with Luke and basically since Frons and McTavish took control of AMC, they dropped it with Bianca too.

So.... I think GLADD should stop awarding daytime awards for it until one show gets it right and sustains it.

BARF simply insults me because I don't believe the network and the show's motives are pure. And look, Bianca and Zoe are leaving so.... I think ym point was made. Bianca will never under this regime have a long lasting female-female relationship.

And that insults me as a member of the GLBT community.... as it should others IMO as well.

The storyline alway should have been told from Zoe's perspective. Like when she came out, the transgendered group meetings, meeting with the doctor talking about hormones. This romance angle with Bianca should not have happend.

• Members

ATWT was so not robbed. I am not saying AMC deserved it over them, frankly like I said no show deserves to be recognized for representing the GLBT community. The Luke storyline was mishandled so bad IMO. It played up the "we can fix you" angle way to much for my tastes. And Luke is still without a love interest although I have heard he has been supposedly cast we will see where that goes. With Jean P. writing, and P&G owning the show, I don't think very far :rolleyes:

• Members

Who were they up against? IMO AMC has done a much better job with this than ATWT did. ATWT started out great, but the story went nowhere fast.

ATWT's story was great, but it's like they just didn't have any interest in it.

AMC hasn't done this storyline perfectly but I can at least understand why they won.

• Members

I am getting on a tangent here but before I go to dinner I must add I really am discouraged how these daytime execs think we want to see storylines where the gay characters fall for straight/bi/gay/straight people depending on the day.

It is almost as if it says all gay people are like this and swoon over straight people and try to change them. (not that the shows really blatantly shoved that in our faces, they are subtle about it) ATWT did it with Luke/Kevin and AMC did it with Bianca/Maggie. It just begs the question if you ask me, what really are the motives of these shows? Bianca isn't in a coupling with a woman is she? Lena was phased out like the plague there.... and since then.... Bianca was raped, turned to her maybe gay best friend Maggie, Maggie and her wavered until finally Maggie decided to go back to the stick..... and then decided no that's not for me I want Bianca... and then cheated on her? I was shocked it wasn't with a man LOL

Maggie kept changing her mind from day to day... LOL Like I said I am jaded about our overall representation in daytime or lack thereof. I say No Representation is better than bad representation. And that's my rant quota for the day :)

Archived