DAYS: Actress Exits...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:(

This is awful news!!

I can understand her reasons for wanting to depart. Days never gave her a really good storyline! However, things were beginning to take an upturn, and she was becoming more on centre-stage. I really am confident Hogan had a storyline set for her and Max. Maybe it would've helped it the story had picked up pace quicker!

I hope Ashley has found something WAY better cuz otherwise, I think she's thrown away a lot by deciding to depart.

• Members

With the news that Days might not make it past 2009, you really can't blame the younger set looking for other jobs. If something good comes along, they may as well take it since they know their job is precarious at best. I hope we don't lose some of the others, but Rachel and Darin might not be far behind.

• Members

I had a brainchild. Not usually accurate but fun to think about. They had Emily on tap easily enough it seems. She is 23. It occurred to me that she may have been on tap as a Mimi replacement. If so and Abby is sent off to school, then Max could call Mimi and she would come back to Salem as played by Emily LOL. Then the summer university mystery could be Max and Mimi and Nick and Chelsea so that won't have to be rewritten very much.

• Members

Sucks to see her go, since she's been there for awhile. Days could use this as an opportunity to find someone who kicks ass, someone they can pimp as a new star or something. Benson is pretty and talented, but she wouldn't have worked out as that, imho.

• Members

Ashley has been on contract since her debut. She's been credited as part of the contract cast by NBC since she joined Days in November 2004. If she hadn't signed a contract until summer of 2005, then her name would appear after Rachel Melvin and Darin Brooks, but it appears before them.

• Members

not surprised.they never really used her and developed her character.

as for Darin and HS "love" for him and the character - he also LOOOOVES abe&Lexie,and we all saw how *that* turned out.I dont see Max staying on the show for too long,and I'm not exacly sad because of it.

• Members

And Hogan's love for Abe and Lexie could still be evident WHEN Renee Jones returns. I say when and not if.

Plus Max is in a different boat than Abe and Lexie. Darin Brooks is a young talented actor. And since Hogan's been accused of favoring the younger characters, that would make sense for him to write story for Max, rather than Abe and Lexie.

Archived