DAYS: Actress Exits...

• Members

I think Emily looks more like Jack than Jen and much older than our Abby. When Rachel replaced Mandy, I was very disappointed and now, I think what a wonderful recast LOL. Personally, I hope the story writes Abby off to school in England to study medicine and bring her back to intern in about three years (Days still around of course).

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

this news sucks, because if they recast Days is stuck with another newbie to confuse fans....Well one good thing, Jed hasn't been on much the past few weeks...and i haven't read about any spoilers with him..hopefully he's being dropped..

• Members

Blegh. Very sad that the progeny of my most treasured soap couple is leaving, I have had my qualms about her performances of late but I still believed she was a very promising actress and, well gosh darnit she's been my Abby for two years now. I'm glad she's found something she seems to find more worthy of her time, as in I'm glad she's leaving for another project instead of just being dropped. Ideally I'd like a recast because I think the show's priority should be Hortons, but instant recasts have proven a little difficult. I wish Days had a future I could count on, then I'd say write her off for now and bring her and Jeremy Horton back later on. I don't want to lose the character permanently, but I have also heard that there won't be a recast. I would hope that is just temporarily speaking, but honestly with the show ending in 2009 I'm not really counting on it.

As bummed as I am I can't say I'm totally surprised. This is not a slight on her but I never really sensed a huge commitment to soaps from Ashley (which is totally fair; there's a lot of opportunities out there in Hollywood and what's to keep her tied to a show that is slated for imminent demise?). Also with all the sidelining of the vets you'd think Mabby could've gotten further along by now but they kinda played it slow with them (and no, I don't think it was an artistic decision, considering the speed of Hogan's writing and how fast he is taking Chelsea/Nick, as only one example), I kind of guessed that there might be some backstage reason involved. I dunno, I guess I've been thinking something might happen with her for a while now. It can't be helped I suppose, but I do wish she'dve been able to get those scenes in with Matt, I always enjoyed them together.

Best wishes to her, as this all seems pretty sure now.

• Members

I haved mixed feelings about a recast. On the one hand, Abby sticking around gives Jack another reason to be in Salem besides Steve/Adrienne. And her departure means one less member of a core family. On the other, a recast means one more unfamiliar face for viewers to digest. And Ashley was so perfectly cast as Jack & Jennifer's daughter that the replacement is almost certain to be a letdown. Finally, it wouldn't be the worse thing if Hogan wrapped up this lacklustre Mabby "romance" and sent Max packing as well.

• Members

:(

Words can't even express how I feel right now. My baby left me! :(

Of course I instantly dislike Emily Montague and think she won't fit the role, but that's only because of my bias love for Ashley Benson. It's going to be a sad day for MABBY fans when Ashley does indeed leave for good. I want to curse Hogan and the other writers for not writing for Abby so much, but I'm not going to do that. There are several characters Hogan isn't writing for right now, and they're choosing to stay. Ashley did not. And that's fine.

I like how Wyman felt that Ashley was the future of the show. She really was. The little material that she's been given since coming on back in November 2004, she's a great actress for her age, and she had lots of potential.

Hopefully, she'll be like her on-screen mother, exit very publicly, always have rumors about a possible return, and then, 5 years later, actually does return. :D That's my dream of course. :lol:

And nuAbby looks a lot older than 18, so I wonder if the Abby's too young for Max storyline will be dropped and Abby will be in bed on Montague's first airdate as permanent Abby. That would suck! :angry:

That is, if Montague is our permament Abby. We'll see how she does in 2 weeks.

SO SAD... :(

• Members

I wish her well. I hope they don't recast. The last thing Days needs is another new face.

I'm not that upset. They've never given Abby any kind of story except as second fiddle. First to Chelsea and then to Nick.

I hope the temp recast looks younger on screen because from those pics she looks older than Sami to me.

• Members

I applaud Ashley for obviously choosing something better. Her first year on the show she was rarely used (remember her love interest who she shared like 3 scenes with??). This Willow storyline is a prime example of what is wrong with the show, Abby should be having a central storyline like this one where she is important and characters revolve around her (like Jed etc.). Hogan said he wanted to build on the Hortons yet he had a big one right here and all he could write for her is a love sick puppy storyline. Willow is being written as a strong minded individual, Abby is being written as a love sick teenager. Ashley Benson had potential to blow this role out of the water with the right material but it was wasted. Much like ALL the opportunities on DAYS these days.

• Members

THIS SUCKS!! :angry::( .

I see what some are saying about Ashley never really committing. I mean, actresses like Rachel Melvin and Martha Madison always raved about how much they loved Days but they got so much more airtime that is probably why. I think alot was held back due to Ashley's age and that is sad. Wyman is right in thinking she was the future. She was ripe for being a supercouple with Max. I worry about Darin leaving too because he never seems like one to stick around either.

I am curious to see how the temp Abby does. She looks gorgeous. I am on the fence about a permanent recast. On one hand, I can see just letting Ashley finish up and send Abby out of town for now with her parents but I can also see keeping her around for when Jack blows in. Some may see it's another new face but they spent so much time developing this young core and especially the MABY romance recently that I think it may be stupid to throw all that buildup and setup away.

I guess I am ok either way, even though this depresses me.

• Members

I don't think Abby's going anywhere. Hogan has a story planned for Max and Abby. Why build up this slow, and I mean slow, relationship with the two of them and then just send Abby out of town. :blink: Makes no sense. We're going to have to get used to nuAbby, and I'm hoping that she fits into the role like Ashley did, instantly. And I hope she has amazing chemistry with Darin Brooks, and I hope that Hogan speeds up the story so that Darin doesn't leave and we have to go through nuMax as well.

Archived