DAYS: Actress Exits...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I knew he was short-term. This is why I told all the critics to lay off Days a bit. Just like Connor, Jed was never long for this world. I think the same about Duck. The newbie situation is not as bad as others make it sound. It's just the balance that is off but getting better of late.

Oh, and one more thing about Ashley, I did like her as an actress but I also agree that we haven't seen anything mind-blowing from her. She has been good but she never really raised her game with her recent influx of material. Granted, she didn't get much material (especially in the past, which is why she is leaving most likely) but, like King said, she never seemed to give you the impression was raising her level from good young actress to great young actress. That could very well be because of her lack of airtime though because Rachel had more airtime and only improved with time.

I trust the Days casting department though. They have found some gems of late (exceptions being Mentier and a few others) so maybe they could pull off another miracle. I mean, many of us liked Melvin (I think the majority preferred Mandy Musgrave) at first and look at her now. Anything can happen.

• Members

Sure, Abby's not on right now, but who's to say that Hogan doesn't have something HUGE planned for Abby in April or May or whenever Ashley was set to do her other project. We can't have a temp recast for that long. Lets not start placing blame on anyone for the decision. The decision was mutual. Wyman even went as far as expressing his sadness for Ashley leaving. Lets not start anything.

• Members

Hogan apparently has no problem scrapping and re-writing storylines (according to all you guys) at the drop of a beat, particularly with cast changes that come up suddenly so why shouldn't he scrap this?! It should go in the can, pronto. All the Mabby scenes were so boring I don't think anyone will be missing them anyways.

• Members

I would like a recast, I'll admit, because I don't want to lose another Deveraux (a bit much for the old ticker) but I agree that another new face would be a lot for people right now. In any case, I checked out the reel on Emily Montague's website and I don't really feel impressed. It's too premature to say anything of course but her image from her website seems very trendy and club-hopping, and seeing as how I always hoped they'd push the intelligent and smart side of Abby, I'm not really gelling with the prospect of EM as a recast right now. Of course I judge too early, it'll be interesting to see her few days of scenes but ... ehh.

Everyone knows I'm not a huge fan of Max, and while I don't dislike Darin and don't wish unemployment on him, I must confess I see little use for the character without an Abby recast. There are a heck of a lot of Bradys and I really don't see the need to keep Max on, truth be told.

• Members

Wyman's comment about his dismay on Abby is kind of dumb too. Has he ever heard of a little too late? If he felt that way he should have used her in the right capacity from the get go. Instead Willow comes on and takes front stage immediately and the actress can barely act. There is reason for resentment from Benson, whether she is amazing or not. Wyman is silly to say that considering they have made no effort into making her the future of DAYS, certainly not on the level of Chelsea who has been SOOOOO front burner from the time she came on, and Nick or Willow.

• Members

And that's your opinion. I loved every single MABBY scene we've gotten so far. So what? Boring is based on opinions, not fact. And as for Hogan's rewrites, I'm going to say this one last time: it was never ACTUALLY stated that John would be coming out of his coma at a specific date. Never. Fans speculated that John would come out of it in January, and then February, and now March. It wasn't until Corday made the statement that Drake was off-set and wouldn't be working until March that we got an official time estimate. So we don't know if Hogan rewrote that storyline. It will never be proven. Everything that's been stated so far is fan speculation, and nothing more.

• Members

I never mentioned anything about John. I'm not the one talking re-writes here :), it's all the people who INSIST that Hogan had to change his material because of backstage nonsense. I'm the one saying that Hogan is writing unbalanced material and that is HIS intention...

• Members

ITA, Ridge. TPTB have had plenty of time to give her decent frontburner story. Jack & Jennifer left in September of last year so Ashley has been kicking her heels for 6 months. Corday and Wyman were clueless if they thought a pretty and talented younger actress like her would stick around for this with Hollywood calling.

• Members

Yep, if they considered AB an asset then they are the ones who blew it. From all ostensible signs she wanted airtime and is serious about acting, if they wanted to cultivate her talent they certainly could have. Not even Days is so dumb to not know how to do that.

Archived