DAYS: Actress Exits...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If they do re-cast her they should definitely go for Robyn Richards. They know who she is, they know how to contact her... after all she did audition for Belle what 3 years ago? Richards is an awesome actress and would fit in with these youngsters.

• Members

My issue with recasting is what would be the point? The show's gone as we know in 2009. Very, very little can be done at this stage to change exec's minds. Why not just write the character off to be with her parents in London (when Jack's not visiting Steve)?

• Members

We could also have a worse one. Not to be pedantic, just careful what we wish for.

Yeah, I agree it doesn't look good for a recast. AB wasn't perfect but the camera definitely liked her and she was probably the reason the character stayed while her parents left.

• Members
18? Wasn't Abby's 18th b-day a long time ago, ot atleast one (or two) years ago?

Anyway. I'm not all that worked up about this. I don't really care for Abby, and Ashley... ohh well I'm sure she's a nice person. ;)

If that Emily person gets to stay I hope she'll do a good job. I think she and Darin could look great together, hopefully they'll have some chemistry too. I hear we're only going to get one scene with them (so far anyway), so that's not really much to go on. Took my a year or so to appreciate Martha.

Someone mentioned they were disappointed when Mandy Musgrave (Chelsea #1) left and we got Rachel. I was too at first, but now I really like Rachel! She's by far the best of the younger cast. Btw. Just noticed Emily's been on 'South of Nowere'. That's the show Mandy left DAYS for.

Here's a clip with Emily and what she's done. There's actually scenes with Mandy Musgrave and Mark Valley ( ex-Jack). lol

• Members

Refresh my memory, and maybe someone knows the answer to this... was Ashley on contract or was she recurring? The fact she was able to land a film tells me Ashley must have been a day player. If that's the case, then YOU SHOULD HAVE SIGNED HER TO A CONTRACT LONG AGO.

Wyman, get away from this show and take your "I love Jim Reilly" attitude with ya. :rolleyes:

• Members

Yes, techinically, Abby should turn 19 next month. For some reason, Reilly loved aging Chelsea and Abby every 2 weeks. When Ashley took over the role in November 2004, Abby was 16. It was stated so as she was just learning how to drive and driving "Aunt" Julie nuts, since Julie was taking care of Abby while Jack, Jennifer and all of Salem were "dead." Chelsea was the same age as Abby at this point. When Bo and Billie found out that Georgia was still alive, she was supposedly 15, or around Abby's age. Then, when Reilly created the storyline with Chelsea's crush on Patrick, they aged Chelsea to 18 and said that she was Abby's older, troublesome friend. Now, I don't know how everyone in Salem is able to age except Chelsea, because Chelsea's been 18 for almost 3 years now. :lol: She may be 19 now, but don't quote me. ;) Billie just made a reference to Nick that she found Chelsea when Chelsea was 15, another screw up in recent history because Chelsea was 18 when Billie found out she was her daughter. :rolleyes: Why am I trying to make sense of Salem time?

Ashley's been on contract with the show since summer 05. Before then, she and Mandy Musgrave (ex-Chelsea) were on recurring. She stayed on recurring when Rachel Melvin took over the role as well.

• Members

Sad to hear Ashley Benson's leaving DAYS permanently. The temp Abby, Emily Montague, does look too old around 25 to 27 IMHO. Definitley do want Abby re-casted but not with someone the age of Montague.

Agreed. This would be a perfect role for Robyn Richards. And IMHO, she's a better actress.

• Members

Even then, Chelsea was techincally 18 when Bo and Billie first started suspecting she could be Georgia. I'm glad Hogan fixed it and said that she was 15. That's the way it was from the beginning. I just wish we got to see Chelsea as an actual teenager instead of 15 one day and 19 the next.

• Members

That TRAITOR!!

If she had been fired for having backstage orgies with leading men (which was my first suspicion when the rumor came up), then I could at least RESPECT the girl.

But to leave daytime just to score a movie career.

You've gone HOLLYWOOD girl, and I will NEVER watch a movie you star in, a talk show you guest in, or any blurbs Perez Hilton writes about you.

EVER.

Archived