DAYS: Actress Exits...

• Members

I love on set hookups! My avatar speaks gor itself. :)

As for Ashley, good for her. I'm sorry if this dissapoints osme fans, but Days is all but cancelled and Hogan is like a hamster spinning in its own wheel with these stories of his. Ashley hsould find another project to utiltize her talents.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Max told Abby that he is six years older than her and thought that was too old for her.....he at least was right in that statement.

I personally do not see the love for the character. He has no personality, no character, nothing to tell us a thing about him except his playing the girls and even running his business is a sham as he allows an 18-year old girl to do it who has no experience. He is nothing. Darin isn't that good an actor either as he hasn't earned a lot of fans that I see around the net. Most think he is creepy as Max.

He should go and then in a few years he and Abby can meet up again, but I do hope that the writers give him personality and character.

• Members

This is what Ashley wrote on her website!

IMO, I totally support her and according to this, it's all writer and producer's fault that she's leaving!

http://forum.ashleybenson.net/index.php?topic=471.0

Hello Everyone

First of all i want to start out by saying thanks to all of my supporters and everyone who has made the websites!

In October of 2004 I got the role to play Abby! I was 14 at the time and actually fibbed a little on my age and said I was 15 then they asked when my birthday was I said in Dec. they said great you will be 16 soon I got a call back and the agent said don't worry about the age if they really like you they won't care. They wanted to hire someone who was 18 or out of school .Well needless to say I got the part and they even let me have a school teacher. I was also going to be playing someone older than my real age which is rare in hollywood. I felt very fortunate to get the part and was excited to begin work!

My first day I met with the producer and they let me know the history of the character and told my Mom and I that I would be a very big part of the show. I was expecting to work alot and to have alot of different storylines to work with. I was hesitant to sign the contract at first because I just booked a Pilot for ABC so I waited to see if it would be picked up it wasn't and I figured I would be working so much on DOOL I would be busy enough with that. So I signed for 3 years.

As time went on I was not getting any storylines and had plenty of time off to do auditions. I was starting to get bored. I didn't leave school to sit around. I Love acting and wanted to be doing it everyday and become a better actress. Unfortunately it is hard to make yourself shine on screen when your not given the material to work with.

As I was auditioning I was wanted for several projects in the last two years and had to turn them down. I would get frustrated and tell DOOL if your not using me that much can I go on recurring status. The answer was NO. I know the show loved me and I'm not blaming them. All of the producers,actors, behind the scenes staff, ect. have been great to me. Unfortunately the Writers did not give my charcter any where to go I tried to be patient and wait for my character to grow.

I booked 3 movies in the begininning of March, I had to turn down 2 of them. I booked the lead role in "Bring it on 4" which will go straight to DVD. These movies have been very successful and I'm very excited about it. My dance training also helped me get the part. I had to start dancing again right away when I knew I was up for it. LOL

I haven't been dancing in years due to my acting schedule. I had high hopes I could do this one because we gave 5 weeks notice ahead of time. I have to film for 9 weeks. DOOL was not happy I would be gone 9 weeks and I asked if they could recast me until I came back that wasn't an option. I was very upset to hear this news. I decided I would have to give up the movie.

The tables turned because i fell ill and I was also emotionally upset and the producer called and asked if I would like to do the movie and be out of my contract early! I was Happy and Sad at the same time but very happy to move on. I think they understood about my lack of storyline and my future goals as an Actress. I was VERY Thankful to Steve Wyman for being so generous and kind. I will miss DOOL very much Every single person on that show was so nice to work with- actors, security guards, camera, lighting, props, make-up, hair, wardrobe, stage managers, producers, and whoever else I forgot to mention.

I know that i have a long road ahead of me and no matter what happens I'm happy to be out auditioning again. Even if I don't book anything .The thought of getting out there and just auditioning is giving me a challenge to become stronger as an actress. I'm very passionate about acting it is my goal to succeed. I hope all of you will support my decision and continue to follow me.

I will truly miss being able to do the mabby storyline! I wish Darin the best of success in the future and hope he can get a good storyline I loved working with Darin!!

My last day on DOOL is March 31st. I leave for Florida for 9 weeks on April 8th.

I will miss everyone on DOOL and wish the show continued success!

Love and God bless,

Ashley Benson

P.S. Can someone post this on the Mabby site also. I don't know how to send it over there. Thanks

• Members

Well so my original posting about not believing that Corday/Wyman would want to hold on to Benson (which was scoffed at) seems to play a big part into it.

I can't believe after all they have lost and all they have had to get rid of they couldn't work something out with her.

Seems like she really tried with them over the last 2 years. She gave up many things for them so I can't say I blame her esp. since they weren't using her.

I wish her a lot of luck.

I do wonder what happened when she got sick that made them rethink letting her out of the contract. Something still sounds fishy there. Maybe they did like the other actress better, and since she is older maybe they feel she will work out better. But she still seems too old for the part from the pics but I will reserve judgment until I see her.

• Members

What about the BIG storyline Hogan had planned for Mabby in April/May??

It sucks that they are bringing Jack back just for two episodes with Abby and not for Steve and he is not playing it with the real one. Oh well.

• Members

I agree with you Steve. That is something fishy about the illness thing.

I agree with Ashley in a sense about not being used but she did lose alot of points with me. It's not totally the show's fault. First off, her age was a major factor. How much story could they give to her given her age? The only thing they could've done was give her some family stuff and they did that somewhat with her dealing with her father's million deaths and her mother and Frankie. I agree they made her sidekick for far too long but the show was in a lurch because of her age. They tried sticking her with that Josh character but that never took off and Darin was older then her so they had to wait until she was old enough for MABY. She should recognize that and not act if the show just totally disregarded her. It's clear they wanted her and were patient because they wanted to do this right but her words suggest that she thinks the show didn't do enough. That is what I have a problem with. I just wish she would've acknowledged the age issue because Days did a similar thing with Kirsten Storms. They never gave her actual love scenes until she was of the age where there wouldn't be issues. However, they still gave Kirsten loads of airtime so Days isn't totally blameless. I appreciated them taking the slow build route with the young cast until this point but I still think Ashley saw all of what Rachel got and couldn't help but be jealous. They may be friends but that is natural.

I wonder why they all of sudden just gave up. Makes me thinkg they may have thought she would be miserable if she returned. That or the fact that she said she was emotionally upset makes me wonder if there was a falling out somewhere. Whatever the case, I wish Ashley luck. I am not too upset about a recast now. This kind of supports my point that Ashley was never committed to daytime or Days. I have heard Martha and Rachel say numerous times that they were and loved it there and don't see themselves leaving but nothing from Ashley. I worry about Darin too because he has never actually committed vocally too so I wonder how much this affected Days in the pacing of MABY and Max and Abby's stories. Maybe along with the age difference they feared losing one or both actors and that is why they held back.

Who knows. I will miss her and I am curious to see the temp and who becomes the permanent recast.

• Members

I believe it was at Jason47's site that says there is no recast planned for Abby at this time. Actually, her story has run it's course and she should have left with Jack and Jen. Apparently the Max and Abby story wasn't going to happen for a while yet but it may still. Other acters have left and come back. That could work in her favor. There is a lot of story for Abby Devereaux as a young adult.

Archived