DAYS: Actress Exits...

• Members

I got SOD, and this post is basically confirming the Connotator/SOD Benson news.

Ashley Benson is leaving the show, she asked to exit the show, they didn't deny her her request.

She had called in sick (missed 3 episodes), brung a doctor's note but she was rumored to have landed another job that conflicted with her DAYS schedule.

"She'll be back for several weeks and then will be leaving to do a lead in a film. She's a beautiful, talented actress and we wish her well." - Wyman.

Setsiders say the show is hurt and disappointed to lose Benson who they saw as the future of the show.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, this is pretty sad news if you ask me. She was a good young actresss and totally believable as the teenage daughter of Jack and Jennifer. Unfortunately, the writers didn't develop her character enough and Abby was always second fiddle to Chelsea. I wish her well.

• Members

I will add until I really looked at the wording in the Wyman and Insider section, I got the impression she was just leaving to do the movie for several or more weeks. But they both definitely CLEARLY make it sound like several more weeks of taping and she's leaving...for good.

• Members

I will miss Ashley. She's so beautiful and has to-die-for hair! But I've been disappointed in her lack of storyline, and IMO her acting has suffered. She has a tendency to come off as detached and unemotional. But, to be fair, she hasn't had any story for herself; she's always playing second fiddle. I always thought this was ridiculous as she's the daughter of such a popular couple and is a Horton. So much potential...wasted. Part of me is hoping they don't even recast, at least for now. Too many new faces in Salem the last couple of years, what with a few new characters and a couple recasts already. However...I'm hoping this doesn't screw up Matt Ashford's recurring deal. Even without Abby in town, he still has story with Steve. And without Abby (if they choose not to recast), they can let Max go, which will help a little with the budget problems they say they don't have.

Archived