AMC Babe: ENOUGH ALREADY

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That is the moment where any interest I had invested in the Babe character died.

When we lost Dixie just to prop up the pig....... that's when I totally turned on her.

Everytime I see Babe..... I think.... you should have been the one to die!

I loved it when J.R said that to her LOL. Awful thing to say to someone but man, its what alot of us were thinking :lol:

• Members

What? As soon as Alicia came onto the show she was instantly thrusted into the top 5 characters in terms of airtime. Her first year on the show she was number one. That number one streak continued for over 4 years and it wasn't until last year that she was finally dethroned from the top spot and even now Kendell is still number one! Atleast with Babe she steadily got to the number one spot of the years. At first entering at a low position in the 20's and 30's and then steadily gaining until she reached the top spot. When did Alicia pay her dues to get to the top in terms of story and airtime? She was on front burner from the time she stepped on set in the role of "Kendell". She has always been number one in terms of airtime. Always. Kendell wasn't thrusted into stories and made the focus of? She wasn't pimped at beign the next big then? What! Ever since 2002 Kendell has always been front burner and pimped and attached to every big story there was.

Megan always writes this way. She always has two leading ladied who dominate the show. Back in 2003 and 2004 it was Kendell and Bianca. When Bianca left Greenlee replaced her and the focus was put upon Greens relationship and storylines. When Greenlee left Megan replaced her with Babe and gave her big storylines.

03': Kendell and Binks

04': Kendell and Binks

05': Kendell and Greenlee

06': Babe and Kendell

I don't think Dixie's death was done to prop her. It was done because Megan had no more creativity for the character. I don't see how Babe is blammed for a head writers shortsightedness.

• Members

Well, I happened to catch some of AMC this week as I was flicking past stations and, boy, you guys are right!

OK, obviously I am paraphrasing, but WTF?

Zo-Arf: Amanda... Amanda... Don't cry! Unless those are tears of JOY because Babe's ALIVE!

Amanda: Babe...? Alive...?

Zo-Arf: Yes, you silly moppet! Now you have something to live for!

Josh: Snarl snarl JR thinks he's SO cool. He's all "It's a miracle you're alive, Babe!" Like, barf!

Krystal: Darn-tootin'. My baby doll IS a miracle, Josh. And the MIRACLE of her being ALIVE will hopefully bring about another damn miracle -- putting JR on the path to RIGHTEOUSNESS!

Bianca: God has given me another opportunity to tell you I forgive you for all the stuff you did to me, like, a lifetime ago. Oh, Babe. Can you forgive me for not forgiving you earlier?

Babe: Yes, of course--

Bianca: Let's be best friends again. You know, I usually curl up in hospital beds with my best friends and shower them with kisses. May I, Babe? May I show you just how much I love you? Uh, as a friend, I mean.

-----------

Seriously, I'm just surprised Alexander Cambias didn't tell Zach how much he regrets not taking the time to get to know Babe before trying to kill her and therefore being won over by her folksy charm.

• Members

LOL Cat I'm shocked they didn't have ACS propping Babe, like he did Ryass. McTavish is going out with a big [!@#$%^&*] you to everyone it seems.

Oh and the difference between Babe and Kendall being on alot, Kendall has a HUGE fanbase, and is a huge fan favorite. That's why she's on alot. Babe is on alot, cause Frons has a hard on for her. Sure she has her fans, but in no way will I ever believe she's a huge fan favorite.

• Members

Sorry but I totally disagree there. Babe has her fans too and Kendall has just as many haters as Babe does. Both of them have just as many haters as they do fans.

Personally I would not shed a tear if both left town tomorrow to never be heard from again. But I do understand they both have their fans so keep them on but don't let them dominate the show.

There are better actresses on the show and characters that are 10 times better who should be getting the airtime over the 2 of them.

Remember when we did the Best Characters of AMC - Kendall & Babe both did pretty bad and Zach did too.

• Members

Even though I hated many of the things she did, I usually liked Babe (and Krystal). I hated that crappy saying that they shared about getting the things they deserved (usually when they were keeping horrible secrets supposedly all in the name of love). However, a few months ago, I grew to loathe both of them.

• Members

Even though I hated many of the things she did, I usually liked Babe (and Krystal). I hated that crappy saying that they shared about getting the things they deserved (usually when they were keeping horrible secrets supposedly all in the name of love). However, a few months ago, I grew to loathe both of them and having them on so much and be the focus of everything does NOT help.

• Members

Another thing, is Babe never gets called on the crap she does, people constantly make excuses for her. Characters are torn down to make her look better. JR almost murdered her, so they could drag him down to her level, since people weren't forgiving her for keeping Miranda.

Anyways how did this become about Kendall vs. Babe. LOL

Babe truly is love on this show as long as Frons loves the character.

• Members

Kendall and Babe are not the only characters that air a lot. JR, Zach, Ryan, Greenlee when she was here, Bianca before this return are almost always consistently in the top 5 as well, and in terms of AMC top 5 is usually a lot more episodes than a balanced show would give.

I don't mind certain character like Kendall airing so much because she's not fluffed and propped 24/7. I mean every character is fluffed and propped to a point in soapdom, so I won't say she never is. Ryan and Babe basically have sacrifices 24/7 - so it tends to make their air-time feel all the more heavy even if they're not officially #1 (because characters and stories are being twisted to be these big hypocritical and non-sensical messes for them). I wouldn't mind if my faves only aired 3-4 episodes a week max either, that's the way it should be. 3-4 episodes a week max and at least 4 good stories running at one time. I just want good story.

The show wouldn't be as interesting to me without Kendall (although yeah def. she along with everybody I mentioned above should air less). I can't say the same about the Carey women. I have a long history with characters like Kendall and JR, I've seen the characters through the many bad times and the few good times and through McTavish (a lot of non-sensical). I know why they do a lot of the things they do (minus McT's really nonsensical moves: think Erica/Jeff/Jack triangle). The Carey's have been like enigma's on the other hand - they came on, months later this s**t started with them - particuarly Babe. I don't get "why?" in so many ways, still don't.

If I had to break down stories that "ate" the show, that the show revolved around strongly:

September 2003 - April 2004: Kendall/Bianca (as well as Erica) with the rape, trial, pregnancy.

May 2004 - February 2005: Bianca/Babe with the babyswitch (The K/R/G triagle was clearly second tier story as much as they aired)

March 2005 - April 2005: Lavery and Cambias boys wah-wahing...

June 2005 - November 2005: Worship of Ryan's sperm (courtesy of Kendall and Greenlee) and Lavery family angst

December 2005 - October 2006: The Carey women's dramas and Ryan/Kendall/Zach/Dixie (the prepping for that started as soon as Z/K said ILY in late Dec., Madden's burial). Speaking of which, Dixie (and all of us) probably (maybe) would have gotten heavily T/D related story if the actress hadn't stated she wanted story with Zach/TK when she was in negotiations to sign with the show. That would have made two factions of fans a lot less miserable being if you mix a want like that with a writer like McTavish it adds up to no good. It wasn't like Dixie was a sacrifice to a machine, it was going to be the other way around except (well deserved) fan reaction and ratings dropping stopped it.

November 2006 on: Carey women drama and Zach's (Zach/Kendall) past...

Archived