AMC Babe: ENOUGH ALREADY

• Members

Thanks for these excellent points AMS.

I appreciate that you can see the hypocrisy in how Kendall is excused for her actions. Some on here I can understand and they are nice about it when they discuss it, but some are just not nice about it. I respect that but I hate when others can't respect those who see this or just don't care.

Neither one of us are trying to defend Babe or turn this into a Kendall vs. Babe situation - just trying to show one is no better than the other. Both are victims of bad bad bad bad writing too. But I am sick and tired of both of them evenly.

Anyway I am through with the discussion. Babe will always be hated rightfully so while Kendall will always be excused - but Kendall is turning many fans off of AMC too. Some fans just can't see it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm still wondering how this became a Babe vs. Kendall thread :huh:

When is Kendall excused for her actions? She's constantly called on them, UNLIKE Babe, who wasn't even called on wanting to take Little A and run with him AGAIN.

Anyways, can we steer this back to being a Babe thread, she can be defended on her own merits(or lack thereof), and other characters's sins shouldn't have to be brought up to make Babe's look better

• Members

That's what I was wondering.

RANT ON!

People claim they're not defending Babe or turning it into a Babe v. Kendall issue, but at the same time want to point out Kendall's flaws and how much screentime she gets in comparison to Babe?! That's talking out of both sides of your mouths, people, come on! If anything, certain people may not be defending Babe, but sure took advantage of the opportunity to turn this into a Kendall: ENOUGH ALREADY thread. Obviously, the poster who created this thread isn't as bothered with Kendall being on every day as they are with Babe. It's an Anti-Babe thread. Let those of us who hate the whore-ible character ENJOY the thread. I mean, really. If you're not defending Babe or participating in the bashing, then why bother posting? Start a spinoff!

It reminds me of Zach v. Ryan wars, or taking it way back to the Hayley v. Gillian wars during the late '90s. You bring up one in a specific thread, and instead of people simply defending the character that's being bashed, they bring in another character altogether and start tearing them down to make the bashed character look better -- and then talk about, "all we're trying to do is..." and wonder why people are so "mean" and get hurt when their opinions are not embraced. To some posters, people are only "mean" or "rude" when they disagree with them. If the same mean, rude posters wrote things with the same conviction about a topic they agreed with, and NOT CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS, then it's nothing but "Word! Word! So much Word!"

RANT OFF!

What irritates me is that most shows that feature ensemble characters in separate storylines DON'T MENTION THE OTHER CHARACTERS THAT DON'T PERTAIN TO THEIR STORIES! In a more ideal world, Babe may be on every damn day, but characters in scenes before and after her scenes aren't all talking about her. But that's not the case. You get a Babe scene, then the next three scenes after that, SOMEBODY is talking about Babe. Or, somebody's rambling about Babe in the first two scenes, then get a BABE SCENE, then next scene is another scene talking about Babe. It's just too fcuking much! And it's not scenes with people talking about Babe. No! It's scenes where the point of the scene is to get someone singing the demonic praises of Babe!!

• Members

Correction. When something is posted on Discuss the Soaps, the topic almost always veers from what originally tended to be, but as far as I know, as long as the topic stays somewhat close to what it originally was, it's okay.

Now, if the original poster intended for this to be a Babe-bashing thread, there's a whole board here at SON dedicated to posting threads about how much you love or hate a particular character. I rarely post there because I don't really enjoy posting pages upon pages of posts about how much I hate something, but it's a very useful board for many people who just want to rant.

I don't know who turned it into a Babe vs. Kendall thread. From the way it seems, it was you, R Sinclair, who were the first to even mention the phrase "Babe vs. Kendall" in the thread. Kendall was mentioned by psychofan first, but that she was commenting on how she likes Babe and Kendall as leading ladies. Then SteveFrame mentioned Kendall, saying that he put Kendall "right up there with her," 'her' being Babe. The rest of that post was pretty much comparing Babe and Kendall's current domination of the show to back when the canvas was more balanced. AMC Zendall Fan told Steve that "Kendall is on a lot, but she's not in every single freaking storyline." Steve responded with "Kendall doesn't miss it by much. Like I said I want both put on a lot less. I hate Zendall. I hate Babe/JR together and I hate Babe/Josh together. To me AMC's biggest problem is the fact that they let these 2 ladies be the whole focus of the show and let everyone revolve aroudn them as if they are the sun." Nowhere in there did he try to start a Babe vs. Kendall war.

But then good old R Sinclair started the whole process of pitting Babe against Kendall in post #28 in this thread by explaining why it was okay for Kendall to be on almost everyday (you know, Kendall has "paid dues over the last five years to become the leading lady of the show," despite the fact that she's been a leading lady for most of those five years). So if anyone wants to blame anyone for turning this into a Babe vs. Kendall, point the finger at R Sinclair.

Oh, and I have to ask, AMC Zendall Fan, because I didn't see this earlier. You said that Kendall is on everyday because she has a big fanbase? So it's entirely okay to let fanbases decide who is on everyday and who does what on the show, right?

And besides, this thread is about Babe being a character who is past the point of overexposure on the show, not just a random Babe-bashing fiesta. Well, she isn't the only one! If we're going to talk about characters who get extremely way too much screentime, don't get upset if someone mentions that Kendall falls into the same boat. And whether or not one has no problems seeing Kendall everyday shouldn't be a factor into it. No character should be seen in all about 30 episodes of a soap in one year, no matter who it is. It's called balance and both Babe and Kendall are in terrible violation of it.

The main point of it all is this: Babe is not the only character who is on too fricking much. She's not the only problem! And Ryan isn't her only conspirator, either. I don't care what ANYBODY says, but Kendall and Zach rank right up there with the both of them on the hierarchy of Stop-Hijacking-My-[!@#$%^&*]-Show.

• Members

You think I'm going to argue with that? I wholeheartedly thank you! Please, go ahead... GIVE me autonomy on a silver platter. Give me the complete power to cause threads to completely change their focus with a single post (never mind the fact Steve Frame brought up Kendall twice before I even posted my comment -- I'm a glory hog).

:rolleyes:

I DONT CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS!

Archived