AMC Babe: ENOUGH ALREADY

• Members

Rugrat I agree with you about the propping. And I agree with you about the top 5.

I never said I liked Babe but it is always the same that she is the only problem. All the fans for some reason excuse Kendall's presence but I can't. They also make excuses for Kendall. The show makes excuses for Babe and the fans make excuses for Kendall. I am just so tired of both of them. They are tiresome and I just long for a day where neither of them are on my TV screen. I would die if it was 2 days in a row.

I esp. hate Kendall with Zach. I hate her with Ryan too. But I get so tired of her saying she loves Zach and then be all up in Ryan's business the next. I know that is writing but it is still the character we have to deal with and I won't fall in the vein of making excuses for her just because she is written that way. All we can do is deal with what we have on screen. Any fan of Babe could say is this is just the way Babe is written and excuse a lot of it to bad writing.

Both actress are talented but both characters are terrible and way too overexposed. I just want people to be fair about it. Babe is not the only problem - sure there is too much of her but there is also too much of Kendall.

I can't stand any character always being in the top 5. I get tired of Ryan & JR being there too. For some reason esp. now I don't get as tired of Bianca because she seems to float from one story to the other. She doesn't seem to be with the same people and it seems different for her. But there is still no excuse for anyone being consistently in the top 5 esp. when there are other talented performers there.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Kendall hasn't been on 2 days in a row, Monday will make 3 ;). You have every right to want them both dead, different strokes. Me, I'd be fine with just a dead Babe. I'd be less apt to watch AMC if Kendall was dead. But again different strokes. I'm sure there's a lot that feel the way you do, and a lot that feel the way I do. And I'm sure for some it's Ryan or JR or Zach that's their ticks, etc...

It goes back to that nonsensical thing, i.e. IMO, Jeff/Erica/Jack would be my definition of nonsensical. McTavish is hanging on to R/K because it gives Ryan "A" story and she probably has a itch for it, and it's at Kendall, Z/K's expense. That is basically blaming writing, but I have to. I have to and I am going to have to look past ("excuse") a lot of non-sensical things McTavish has done to continue watching this show - I had to look past the Zach/Dixie thing for both Z/K and T/D's sake, everybody who loved JR lying to JR about his kid, Tad burying a man alive, JR and Adam getting Carey whipped every 2 weeks no matter what, Bianca's primal Babe ass kissing, a reverse abortion, a basic reverse homosexuality thing here, Erica's whole nonsensical thing with Jeff/Jack the past several months, Kendall being "territorial" over Ryan (which seemed to sensically cease for an episode last Wednesday, McT musnt' have proof-read). I'll do it with the characters I grew up with, and the show can continue doing it with the Carey's. Not me.

ETA: Steve thing thing is Bianca's not airing as much as she used to, also. I agree 3-4 days a week max for any character. And for the love of this show, I'd love to see an AMC that has at least 4 "big" stories going at one time. I'm hoping for all these moves with a new writer. I want that and the extremeness of McTavish's writing to go away - she writes most of the characters bi-polar and then you have the extreme fluffing of some.

• Members

Oh that's Ryan propping and nothing more. He's not a viable lead character, so he has to be in Zendall's business to even have a storyline since he can't carry one of his own. I look past crap like that, cause it's all in how the actor/actress plays a scene like that more than anything.

Bianca is the lastest character to be sacrificed at Babe's alter. So much hate for Binks on most of the AMC boards around. The consensus is "deadtome" Bianca for forgiving Babe.

• Members

As to the 2 days thing. I know that Kendall has been off for 2 days. I should have clarified better - I would die if we could go 2 days without seeing both Kendall & Babe. Even though Kendall has been off we still have Babe even though she wasn't on a whole lot today but she was still there.

As to the part about making excuses for the ones you grew up with. I believe that too but I am older and I see Kendall and even her creation as many of the big problems with the show. The way she was created and the age they gave her is what has screwed up so much history with the show. So I have big problems with her from the beginning because it screws up totally characters that I grew up with and loved - esp. Erica and her history.

So again that is part of my resentment for Kendall just as much as it is for Babe and Ryan and others.

I excuse alot of JR and Bianca stuff too because I witnessed their births and even though they are SORASed it doesn't hurt AMC history that much but Kendall and the mere presence of Josh does big time.

• Members

Oh and you know how bad it's become when Binks sides with the baby stealing skank over her own family. That makes no sense for her to do that.

She reams Kendall for not telling Ryan about Emma, but then turns around and sticks up for Babe for having done much worse to her.

Babe is love comes at the expense of most of the characters on the show.

JR is the latest victim, he chose Babe, and her mom over his dad, and over honoring his mother's dying wish.

That's how bad Babeislove has become on this show.

• Members

So B/K not airing has to align for one's not-airing to count? lol, I kidd.

That's understandable (having a issue with the character's creation), and I can see that coloring your excuse table. It colors my excuse table because I thought the introduction of Kendall (but not Josh) was great story, that didn't take away from history but in fact added to it, and I felt for both Erica and Kendall from the beginning. I felt for the kid who was just looking for the place she'd finally fit in and ended up getting the opposite (despite her selfishness). I felt for the mother who was sort of drawn to her but couldn't stand the sight of her because of the terrible event that represented for her (despite her selfishness). [Now I'm not fond of the show rectoning rape, rape, rape in 2003-2004, particuarly the Eric was a rapist dealer recton.] That story and T/D's love affair are my two favorite AMC stories ever. T/D's love affair is why even when JR had devil hair, and devil facial hair in 2004 - I wasn't going to root against him - that was T/D's baby, they weren't going to turn me on the boy for nobody (so I blamed the writing). After 3 years of the JR/Babe back and forth (McTavish having him all bi-polar there) I'm tired of him, I admit, but I'll excuse it when he gets back to the character he should be - in a NY minute.

It's reached the Ryan is perfect levels of 2004, but I don't think even that was this bad. At least 20 minutes of episodes are spent discussing Babe or with Babe, Babe or no Babe, everybody has to call her a miracle and light...no matter what she does. McTavish made it really hard to take back the Babe/Bianca stuff (and maybe the JR sees the light stuff), probably on purpose, even though Bianca basiclly forgave this woman 2 minutes after everything came out. But, but I'm hoping the new writer just doesn't add on to it even if she/he can't take it back.

• Members

Oh and the difference between Babe and Kendall being on alot

My point is saying that Kendell "paid dues" to get to the point of where she is now postively blasphemous why? Because since day one she has been number one for airtime. She never gradually grew on the audience and she sure as hell didn't build up to the point of being the airtime hog she always has been. Ever since Kendell came back in 2002 she has been number one for airtime. If one is to say Frons has a huge hard on for Babe then he must have at the very least the same equally hard on for Kendell because no way do I believe fans want to see non-stop Kendell every single day.

If anything it would be more accurate to say Babe, Greenlee or David "paid dues" to get where they are. Why? Because they have never been on as much as Kendell has been the past 4-5 years. Just look at Babe prior to 2006 the highest the Babe character ever was for airtime was number 4 and that was in large part due to the Babyswitch. Babe gradually got to the number one spot. She didn't just appear there and stay there and hog up airtime like Kendell has done the past 4-5 years. She steadily grew and went from being in the twenties-thirties for airtime back in 03' then climbing up to number 4 then going down to number six until finally getting the top spot and even now Kendell is still number one for airtime so far of 2007.

I don't think Kendell has ever been out of the top five since she came on. So that "she got all her airtime by paying dues thing" doesn't wash because Kendell has always been number one.

• Members

WORD. WORD. WORD. WORD. WORD. WORD. WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first underlined section is something that NO ONE wants to admit. People are quick to say that Kendall is never propped as much as Babe is. She IS! SHE IS! Propping is not something that is only done by characters on the show. Kendall is propped everytime one of her fans says "that's just the way she is" and "it's in her character to do that." Or my favorite, "she's a !@#$%^&*], but she knows it." Her KNOWING that she is a "!@#$%^&*]" makes it so much more worse because she does these childish, idiotic things and has no problems doing it.

If Babe is a whore, well then so is Kendall. While Babe has been romantically linked to three men since coming to the show (JR, Jamie, and Josh), Kendall has been romantically linked to seven men since she returned in 2002 (Ryan, Aidan, Michael, Boyd, Jonathan, Ethan, and Zach). She's made love to five of them.

• Members

My biggest thing with Babe is that she's ever stopped to take responsibility for what she did, and even more then that she never thanked the people who protected her. It's always been like she feels she's entitled to it. To have people bow down to her, protect her, make things right for her. As a David fan, I will NEVER EVER forgive her. She took and took and took from David and she never once stopped to see what she did to him. Stop to see what and who he really gave up for her. She didn't bother to get to know him, or his family. She never bothered to ask where she came from, and about the family on his side. But she had no problem batting her eyes and asking "daddy" to betray the Kane Women (women who despite everything David had ever done, loved, trusted, and wanted him in their lives), and she didn't even thank him for it. It was never enough. Never. That man give up his heart and soul for that girl, and she slapped him in the face over and over again.

If Babe owned up to the things she did. If she took responsibility for the fact that she did everything she's done because in the end, it got her what she wanted, if she realized what she took away from more people then just Bianca and the Kane women, then maybe I could learn to find a little respect for her. Until then, I don't care at all about her, and as bad as JR is, I'm still rooting for him to get the better of her.

• Members

Since you singled out what I said, I will respond, and "I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS!"

What I meant by Kendall being a b!tch and knowing she's a b!tch is that the character has yet to be written being a b!tch, causing trouble, and being childish and idiotic WITHOUT PEOPLE HOLDING HER ACCOUNTABL FOR HER ACTIONS! I mean, hell. Her whole relationship with Ryan consisted of her being reprimanded and scolded and punished by him for all of her actions. But Babe is a slut, and lies, and cheats, and schemes -- and everyone around her tells her that she does those things out of love. The writers are forcing us to view the heinous actions she performs as signs of LOVE! Kendall's heinous actions are signs of she's a b!tch. The difference is, Kendall knows this about herself. Babe doesn't see the things she does as being the root of all the problems in her marriage to JR. Kendall's had issues with trust and honesty in her relationships and has even acknowledged that she had self-sabotaged most of her past relationships and has MADE AN EFFORT TO CHANGE in her relationship with Zach. Babe has yet to acknowledge that she's played JR for a fool from the very first night she came into town. She doesn't even acknowledge that JR had a right not to trust her after her "innocent goodbye kiss" with Josh due to the fact that she cheated on JR with Josh just a few months ago. She insists that since it was innocent, he should've just blindly trusted her. Since he didn't, it's all HIS fault.

She was in legitimate relationships with Ryan, Aidan, Michael, Ethan and Zach. She had every right to make love to them. And she never was in a relationship with Boyd. Boyd pursued her and she was receptive, but was still loyal to Michael at the time. The only whorish action she did was Jonathan. Babe cheated on JR twice -- and even offered to SLEEP WITH JAMIE WHILE SHE WAS PREGNANT WITH JR'S BABY just so Jamie would keep his mouth shut.

• Members

This reads like a love letter to my heart; truer words were never written.

The character of Babe is propped at the expense of all others. At least with Kendall, there was always a detractor on screen to point out her flaws, but not so with the piglet. Are her mud pies really that warm that every needs to poke their heads in once and get lost up in there? Bianca, Krystal, Jamie, Zoe, Colby, Josh, etc and now that fool JR who has abandoned his family ties to worship at her barn. It's ri-dic how so many fawn over this cum stain. She is written as a heroine who is blameless for the kidnapping of children, mulitple affairs and being a self righteous liar, but she is at fault. AMC is at the mercy of Frons' hard on to promote this Trailor park Barbie.

• Members

I know you'd love to take credit for the whole "Kendall's a !@#$%^&*] and she knows it" line, but trust me, you are not the first one to use it, and you using it a few days ago (or whenever you used it) was just a reminder of all of the other times I've seen people say the exact same thing just to excuse Kendall's childish actions.

And besides that, you missed the entire point of my post.

I'm not trying to do a game of Kendall versus Babe. I'm trying to say that, IMO at least, Kendall and Babe's level of annoyance are about equal to me at this point. I know that there are vast differences between the characters as far as actions and regrets are concerned, but it doesn't matter to me that Kendall is "changing" and making efforts to change. There still exists the things she did back when she was the "old Kendall" that fans here on this very board excused. When she ran after Ryan and Greenlee to the Thousand Islands and locked Greenlee in a tower, then ran down to Ryan and told him that Greenlee gave them her full blessing to get married...I had people telling me that Kendall did the right thing. I'm sorry, but that was the clingy, childish, stupid thing to do, in my eyes.

So, from an aspect of who's done her dirty deeds and is at least trying to make up for them, I'll say Kendall ranks higher than Babe. But to act as if Kendall has earned a spot on the frontburner is something I will not do. As someone already said, Alicia Minshew has been on the frontburner for five. continuous. years. with absolutely not time whatsoever on the backburner, at all, in any of those five years. Yet I still see people who want to see "Zach and Kendall in a story all by themselves!!!!!!" People, are you [!@#$%^&*] kidding me?! Are you honestly [!@#$%^&*] kidding me? Kendall has been on the frontburner of this show since Spring 2002! She's been involved in every major storyline since then and has factored into many of the peripheral storylines as well!

And while vets like Julia Barr, Cady McClain, Vincent Irizarry, and Jill Larson were fired, people were quick to blame it on the vast number of newbies the show has gained in the past few years. Truth be told, the hiring of new actors/characters deserves a huge part of the blame, but where is Marcus now? And Sydney? And John James, besides his seven or eight appearances per month? They came and went, but through it all, Kendall and Babe have both been at the center of storylines. If one's not involved with a storyline, the other is.

The episode counts speak for themselves. In 2006, Babe was in 221 episodes. Kendall was in 220 episodes. This is their show, together, and until McT leaves, that's the way it's going to be!

• Members

That's what I don't get when it comes to the Carey Girls. Way too many people are viewing these women as victims -- when they're the ones who, time and time again, inflict so much pain on throngs of people with a single, self-serving lie! And then, all is forgiven except by Kendall and Erica, and everyone pontificates on how loving and beautiful and caring and LOVING these women are -- despite all the tender loving MISERY they put everyone through.

:lol: Please don't let it be on that miracle cliff in New Jersey where Maria's plane crashed -- because then they'd have a pretty damn good chance at being resurrected.

Even though, I think since both of their deaths have been faked, they've used up their Back from the Dead Free cards

"AND I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS...!" :rolleyes:

Archived