Outstanding Supporting Actor/Actress

Toups

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is why I love you.

They gave Genie the Emmy to shut her up because all she has done in every interview since leaving several years back has had her bitch that she was robbed in 1997 and didn't understand why her peers didn't recognize her. They probably figured: Give it to her now and stop the whining.

Lesli was absolutely flawless this year and she was DEFINITELY robbed.

I'm livid over it.

• Members

IMO, Genie wasn't even robbed in 97, from what I hear, her submissions were beyond sub par that year. Jess Walton won that year and she surely deserved it, she's perhaps Y&R's finest actress and underrated by the general daytime community.

If anything, Genie was robbed in 99 with the Lucky stuff, I remember Kim Zimmer going to the magazines saying how she's surprised Genie wasn't nominated and how she was robbed.

At least we can take solace in the fact that Lesli already has a Supporting Emmy (from ATWT) and won it earlier into her career than Genie.

• Members

Well, Genie did a fing good job in those clips she submitted. I also saw Lesli's werk. It was good as well. Lesli has won already for her time at ATWT. The one that was robbed was CZP...dont remember what year it was. Susan Flannery won. But that year was totally CZP for lead actress.

• Members

Genie's speech about having to wait 37 years (or whatever number it is) to get an Emmy said it all.

The panel needs to stop giving out late Emmys and start handing them ON time. It's ridiculous that other great performers are missing their chance at being credited for their great work just so that those who missed out when they should have been handed the Emmys are given "make up" awards. :angry:

• Members

I am confused over the complaints at Francis' win in this category. Considering the weak actors on B&B with the exception of Flannery, it was no surprise Kay stood out for a well written and acted story line. However, if the judges were basing their decision on the two tapes that were submitted then Francis' Portrayal of Laura's rise from and return to insanity definately trumps all the performances in that category. There is nothing in the rules about the length of the role so who cares if she was on contract for three weeks.The quality of the work speaks for itself. She is a great talent and anyone who watched those episodes knows there was no competition. Kay's work was good but ot the best in the fighting for life genre. Truthfully the actress who was robbed for an outstanding cancer story wasn't Kay but NLG on GH. Alexis' performance was ten times better than anything Felicia Forrester tried to do. Congratulations to Genie! Way to wave the trophy in the face of the GH producers and disgruntled CBS/NBC fans that is the best revenge of all

Archived