Outstanding Supporting Actor/Actress

Toups

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm rooting for Dan Gauthier. Still can't believe Greg Vaughan didn't get pre-nommed.

As for the women - Alexa Havins, Kelley Menighan Hensley, and to some extent Cady McClain were all robbed. Why is Rebecca Herbst in there?

I like Genie Francis and her work was some of the best this year - but I don't think 14 episodes in 1 year should be awarded for a major award when everyone else in this category worked their butts off all year and this is their main job.

So for the women - I don't really care - but I'll root for Heather Tom.

• Members

What fun categories!

Of course, I love me some Gina Tognoni, but Lesli Kay was phenomenal the first part of 2006. And a Heather Tom win would be a nice "F--- You!" to OLTL/ABC.

I'd like to see Kristoff St. John win Supporting Actor, but a Dan Gauthier win would also say alot to the PTB at OLTL/ABC.

A win for Lesli Kay would also tell Bradley Bell, "why the hell aren't you using her?!"

Depending on the wins, these two categories could say alot to the executives up top who've been making poor decisions.

• Members

Join the club. I've loved Chamberlain for some time now and she has deserved a nod many times over the years, this year notwithstanding.

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 14 2007, 11:06 AM)
Genie Francis being here is a total joke and she could probably win which is sick.

I quoted all of you to emphasize how many people feel this way. I couldn't disagree with the sentiment more. It's not as though she was playing some glorified extra for 14 episodes- she was the heart and soul of each episode that she starred in. In those 14 episodes, she blew every actress on GH out of the water. Hell, she blew most actresses in daytime out of the water. If she had been nominated in Lead Actress (where she wanted to place herself), then I could understand the outcry. But Supporting? I'm fine with....

She's only been nominated one other time in her entire career, which in itself is a travesty. She deserves every bit of her nomination in the category and is just as entitled to the Supporting Actress Emmy than the other 5 actresses in the category. And I, for one, hope she wins the whole kit & kaboodle. Why? Because daytime is dissing the Genie Francises (Julia Barr? Marcy Walker? Finola Hughes? Maureen Garrett? Maeve Kinkead? etc....) and in 14 episodes, she showed just how valuable she and actresses of her caliber are to the daytime soaps. Her 14 episodes also only punctuated that daytime is sorely lacking in them.

GO GENIE!

• Members

Here's a question for the emmy experts around -- has any show ever won best drama and not won an acting award?

OLTL's only hope is in the supporting category. GF seems to be the favorite there but what are the chances that HT or REG could beat her? Or, you can go the other way, with DG in supporting actor.

That also asks the question as to just how good are OLTL's chances of winning best drama?

Which leads to yet another question -- will both AMC and OLTL be shut out in favor of GH and CBS? Could LR be the surprise winner in younger? I know LuLu is the hands on favorite, but LR to me is far better of an actress. Has there ever been a time when AMC and OLTL were both shut out?

• Members

Cal I don't remember every time that a show won and didn't win any acting but I know in 1975 Y&R won it's first and didn't even get an acting nomination.

Then years later 1980 Guiding Light did the same thing and then in 1982 & 1983 - GL & Y&R won and neither had an acting nom. All awards in 1982 and 1983 were won by ABC shows.

And yes there have been a few years where both AMC & OLTL were shut out - at least in the major awards they both were.

I am really tired right now but I will look up tomorrow.

And as I said in other threads, I think OLTL has a great chance of winning Best Show even with a bad reel they have a good chance. I think GH, AMC, Days & Passions will all vote for OLTL. ATWT will probably vote for GL. Y&R will vote for B&B and vice versa. That leaves it OLTL (4), GL (1), Y&R (1) and B&B (1) with OLTL's vote the swing vote but unless all the CBS soaps vote for the same show all you would most likely get is a tie.

• Members

Of all the people to ask this question.....Shame on you cal3! :lol: To answer your question, One Life To Live won it's only Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Daytime Drama in 2002 and didn't walk off with a single acting award. Hell, they didn't even have a single actor that was nominated!!!! Additionally, they lost the Best Writing award to As The World Turns and weren't even nominated in directing (Y&R took the prize).

• Members

LOL yeah, I realized that after I started looking back at the prior winners last night. You can tell I never really followed the emmys. Though, based on the few years I did look at, it looked like more often than not the winner took one of the acting catagories as well as best drama. I think DOOL and OLTL were the only ones not to for the few years I sampled.

Also looks like it is rather common for AMC and OLTL to go home empty handed. We may be looking at another of those years. OLTL still has to come up with another tape.

I still have trouble thinking GH will walk away with Lead Actor, Younger actress and both of the supporting catagories. Genie and Julie seem to be hands down favorites for their categories. Will they prevail or can they be beat? If so who has the tapes to beat GF? Or is the week link on the male side with TG and RH? Can they be beat and if so who has the tapes?

Steve, will it really line up that way for best show? Will AMC even bother to vote this year? The stuff I read here suggests their actors are not happy and I suspect some of that has to be directed at ABCD. GH actors aren't exactly thrilled with things like SD's death. This could be an easy year for them to send a message and not vote for OLTL just because it is an ABC soap.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

In response to Cal's post. The stuff Lesli Kay has which was prolly around her cancer was damn good!! Far better I think than GF! Depending on what Gina submits, she is gold in everything, plus last year's winner!

Stephanie Gatschet can give Julie B. a run for her money I believe. I don't know!

• Members

Lesli Kay stated in SOD that she changed her submission at the last minute. She followed Susan Flannery's instruction. The material is definitely from the cancer story. One of the tapes apparently shows Felicia preparing her goodbye from baby-son Dominick.

Tearjecker material and Lesli Kay better win!

• Members

Has anyone heard what HT's second tape was? I so want her to win, but I'd be almost as happy to see GF or GT win. Sounds like Leslie Kay has some good material as well. This could be a great race as it sounds like there are at least 4 who have the material to take it. What about RH's tapes?

Archived