February 26 - March 2, 2007

Toups

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What is so sad and makes me so mad about soaps today is that it seems every writer has their head up someone's ass:

McTavish turns AMC into the Babe & Kendall hour

Passanante always turns it into the someone hour - for awhile I got so tired of Craig & Simon and now as much as I love them Gwen & Will are getting on my nerves being on all the damn time

B&B - always is the same Stephanie/Brooke/Nick/Ridge and lately Rick/Phoebe

Days - under Hogan has become the EJ hour almost with lots of Nick/Chelsea & Steve/Kayla & Sami

GH - is the Jason/Sonny/Sam/Carly hour

GL - does okay but has been showing a lot of Daisy and I don't like the actress

OLTL - the John McBain hour still

Y&R - has an okay balance but lately WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY TOO MUCH AMBER

When I think about the soaps I like the most I don't find it any surprise that right now I enjoy Y&R and GL the most because out of all of them even they have been showing Amber & Daisy alot they are still pretty good balance wise.

• Members

The only DAYS writer in the past year that's delivered anything good is interim writer Beth Milstein. Hmm...

And let's get real... Any explanation we hear from Ken Corday is about as reliable as hearing W's reasons for why we went to war against Iraq.

• Members

sorry what show are u watching.........days is a mess.....what is ken corday doing?is he asleep at the wheel?! Hogan was hyped to be the next savior at days...jim reily must be laughing his ass off!Where is the Hortons?Wha happened to the decent story hogan claimed he had for Kate?Kate should be at Johns bedside causing some jealousy among Marlena not to mention being angry because Kate is still doing buisness with E.J...Sorry Days is a mess and the numbers prove it!

• Members

I really think the majority of people are being way too hard on Days. While the show isn't perfect it definitely isn't the worst soap on the air. While I agree that the storylines need to be amplified a bit, I do think that Days is still entertaining. Since giving up Passions, I have started watching Y&R along with B&B. I must say that Y&R is very refreshing and it's nice to watch shows at the top of the ratings game. As a longtime viewer of B&B, I'm kicking myself for not adding Y&R to my daily schedule years ago. I still have faith in Days though. Hopefully it jumps networks and leaves wretched NBC daytime behind.

• Members

I have mixed reaction about the ratings. While I think falling ratings is the only way to bring about change, at the same time it makes me nervous about cancellation talk. I loved DAYS in December but since then it has been really boring and I have to blame the HW for that. While the writing has definitely improved its not enough. Fans need a reason to tune in. And right now I have none. I watch primarily for characters but good plots do count. I hope DAYS picks up soon.

While I am glad Megan is gone the ABCD line-up has been so bad for so long I think I am almost beyond hope. Frons is a huge problem but primarily I blame Disney. They idiots at the top really are clueless as to how to run a network. Even their primetime shows are dropping. I have watched the ABC shows since I was in elementary school and hate to see them dying but right now they are so bad I almost feel like I am being tortured if I try to watch them. Sure they were never perfect in the past but at least there was always one storyline that kept me hooked. At this point I really don't know how to feel. I grew up on Y and R but it was never really my type of soap. The sad part is from what I am reading it sounds like the best soap currently on the air. I just wish I could get into it. Apparently it must be doing at least something right to keep its audience interested. Its ratings have yet to bottom out.

Archived