ALL: Who would you like to see headwrite your soap?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I want to come back as I can and expand mine sort of like James (Oakdalelover did). I will start with ATWT:

Executive Produer:

Gary Tomlin

Headwriters:

Gary Tomlin

Lorraine Broderick

Meg Bennett

Michelle Poteet-Lisanti

with

Josh Griffith

Richard Culliton

Carolyn Culliton

Richard Backus

David Cherrill

Gillian Spencer

Garin Wolfe

Sofia Landon Geier

Don Hastings

Susan Dansby

I basically took some of my faves, mixed them with some of the Sunset Beach crew and some former ATWT folks and soap vet writers to create this.

I loved Gary Tomlin's work at both Sunset Beach and OLTL. I think he would be a nice mix for ATWT after Goutman. At both OLTL and Sunset Beach the crew worked well to create stories for both older and younger characters and I think that is what ATWT needs first and foremost.

Any combination of those would be a great team in my opinion.

• Members

ALL MY CHILDREN- Edward Zwick & Marshall Herskovitz (the creative team behind Once and Again, Relativity, My So-Called Life, and thirtysomething)

I just feel that their writing style is perfect for AMC- they write well-rounded characters and their writing always has a lot of angst, humor, and heart. Perfect fit for AMC IMO.

AS THE WORLD TURNS- Donna M. Swajeski & Richard Culliton, co-writers.

I think Donna should have more power than she's been given at GL and truly believe that she would excel over at ATWT. The combination of her thought-out story mapping and Richard Culliton's intelligence and attention to detail would work wonders over at ATWT.

BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL- Charles Pratt, Lynn Latham, and Bradley Bell.

I think Pratt/Latham's primetime feel and expertise in that area would be a much better fit with B&B than their current shows. I think Latham has talent but it's misplaced and misguided over at Y&R, which is an institution. B&B is campier, faster-paced, and more of a risk-taker, which fits much better with their writing styles.

THE YOUNG & THE RESTLESS- Kay Alden

I really want her back. I for one never felt that Alden's Y&R was all that bad- she focused on core characters and wrote some amazing, tension-filled storylines. She trained under Bill Bell for years. Unfortunately, she was the first writer after the master himself and of course there was going to be some displeasure with her- she wasn't BELL!!!! But she's a gifted writer and could be a HUGE help in pulling the reigns back in on Y&R.

• Members

This is who I would like to see get a chance with Y&R:

Executive Producer:

John Conboy (he needs to return to Y&R - he has history there)

Headwriters:

Peter Brash

Paula Cwikley

Beth Milstein

(I think those 3 just need to be given a chance together with any show)

with

Sally Sussman Morina

Janice Ferri

James Houghton

Thom Racina

Jeanne Marie Grunwell

Randy Holland

Victor Gialanella

Maura Penders

Those 3 have all proven to be good headwriters in short stints on Days. They can write good drama centered around vets and family, and I think they would be good for Y&R.

John Conboy worked with Bell on Y&R for many years before he left to create his own show. I think he would be perfect as far as a tie to Y&R's beginnings and history.

• Members

I haven't thought about Hogan Sheffer being a headwriter for B&B.His kind of writing could fit the campy style of B&B.He did a good a job cleaning up Reilly's mess over at DAYS.Reilly should have just stayed with headwriting just Passions.Maybe Passions would have gotten better if NBC didn't make Reilly have a 2nd stint to prevent the cancellation of DAYS.DAYS almost died because of Reilly in 2006.No headwriter should ever be saddled with headwriting two shows concurrently because that can easily lead to quality destruction and burnout on one or both show(s).

• Members

As The World Turns:

The HW should be someone who is very familiar with its rich history. I would love Claire Labine to write it but I dont think she would know the history of the show. Jean Passanante sure the heck doesnt know! I think Carolyn Culliton and Richard Culliton co-head writing the show would be a good idea.

• Members

AS THE WORLD TURNS:

Head Writers: Richard & Carolyn Culliton

Co-Head Writer: Claire Labine

Writing staff would include:

Josh Griffith

Bridget & Jerome Dobson

Michele Val Jean

Thom Racina

Sheri Anderson

Trent Jones

DAYS OF OUR LIVES:

Head Writers: Hogan Sheffer & Beth Milstein

Peter Brash

Paula Cwikly

Richard J. Allen

Sofia Landon Geier

Anne Schoettle

Sally Sussman-Morina

GUIDING LIGHT:

Head Writer: Lorraine Broderick

Millee Taggart

Pamela Long

Donna Swajeski

Nancy Curlee

Stephen Demorest

For PASSIONS, I'd say Barbara Esensten & James Harmon Brown, but that's kind of a moot point now.

• Members

I will give my full list later, but let me first say since pretty much all of us at SON have met [s.W.S.N.B.N.] and seen what a crazy little nut she is I don't think I will ever want her to write for any soap again.

Days:

Well, she did kill my Sam but that was because of fan outrage so she had to re-write so I think Margaret DePreist should come back. She ROCKED in her stories.

And, in a dream world, I want all of the Days blog writers to come together to write the actual soap. :lol:

Archived