ALL: Who would you like to see headwrite your soap?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As someone else pointed out - he is only 85 and there have been many writers who have worked well on up into their later years.

He would be headwriter and work from his Bible with script and breakdown writers. It would be nothing like the work he did in the 70's on AW where he did much of it on his own.

He has the great talent that OLTL needs to turn itself around. Even if he only actually worked for a year with 2 talented co-headwriters like Carlavati & someone else - he could give OLTL what it needs to turn itself completely around.

• Members

See, Bridget and Jerome Dobson were co-head writers during the Steve/Besty/Craig triangle. They did a great job with that one story. I would love for them to co head write the show again. They know the history of the show. Claire Labine as a breakdown writer would be great too. And I believe Tom Racina was a script writer during the early 80's too.

• Members

My dream team for OLTL:

Executive Producer:

Christopher Goutman

Headwriters:

Harding Lemay

Donna Swajeski (she was wonderful at AW using his ideas at first and then hers later on)

Ron Carlivati

Jean Passanante (good writer but needs lots of supervision & never needs to work as HW alone ever again)

Richard J. Allen

Christopher Whitesell

Shelly Altman

Anna Theresa Cascio

Tom Casiello

Courtney Sherman

John Loprieno

Leslie Nipkow

• Members

I find myself slipping back to this show because I'm so sick of DAYS right now.

THERE, I'VE SAID IT! Hogan will turn DAYS into the plodding, trudging, slow, arms outstretched but going nowhere Frankenstein's Monster that ATWT was. No more. I said I'd give him a chance. ME SHUT UP!

My dream team for OLTL would include anyone who'd get rid of the John McBain character.

EP? - Linda Gottleib

Head writers? Malone and Gary Tomlin, and let Tomlin direct.

DAYS? I'm still running for cover.

• Members

Brandeis,If Malone ever came back to OLTL and Frons didn't micromanage the show OLTL would be gold in the execution.The only dud storyline in my opinion in Malone's last stint was the neverending Santi saga.If it didn't take over the show back then maybe it would have played out better and maybe we would still have Malone instead of Higley.Higley doesn't know how to pace a show for nothing,but Malone was much better at it and his storylines didn't last forever and a day like Reilly's and Higley's.

• Members

I agree the Santis were crap but also the "Heart of a Lord" was bad too. As for the rest of what you say, ITA, Danthig. THE STORM OF CHANGE was a brilliant start to a new regime (except for...).

Malone's first run was my all time favorite show on TV, ever. Even more than DAYS. I was all geared up for a Malone/Tomlin collaboration, but then along came Frons.

Malone/ Gottleib/Tomlin could be the best soap ever.

Danthig, you have to kill Brian Frons for this to happen! (just kidding)

• Members

For those who have questiioned Harding Lemay,I heard an interview with him just a few months ago at WoST.

For an 85 year old man or whatever age he is the man still has it together. Presently he has been writing plays for the stage in NYC.

He talked of old times at Another World,his battles with Irna Phillips who was his story advisor when he had started to write and P&G.

He was smart,very articulate and probably had more going for him then those half his age.

He may not want to ever head write again but if a show was lucky to hire him as story advisor they'd be lucky!

• Members

I would like Kay Alden to be placed at AMC, preferably paired with Jeff Beldner as her co-headwriter.

In order for her to be most successful I think she would need someone with extensive knowledge of AMC history. Jeff Beldner is the most senior AMC writer on the staff having been with the show off and on for over 20 years.

OLTL I think seriously should take a look at making Ron sole HW. He has been with the show for a decade and I really think daytime needs to give these breakdown writers a shot instead of always going for a big name. If Kay doesn't come to AMC then I'd want Jeff and Amanda L. Beall to take the helm. At this points soaps have nothing left to lose.

Richard Culiton deserves a shot at a HW position again. I know I am contradicting my previous statement but dammit he is worth the contradiction. I am still bitter at his dismissal from All My Children. Sure he wasn't perfect, but he treated the audience with respect and considered them intelligent. And he knew how to write romance.

I still miss him to this day. I hope he eventually replaces Jean Passanante.

Jean Passanante and Megan McTavish both need to sign a written vow never to pick up a pen again. They are the two biggest hacks in this industry at the moment.

Archived