PSNS: Chad lover is revealed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rion, please be careful of your tone.

King was addressing me so there is no need to get heated. We all have our opinions, you have yours. This is not meant to be an "I love Passions" thread. It is a thread for various opinions. Please understand that. If you don't like negative opinions, then just do your best to agree to disagree.

• Members

That's because it doesn't make any sense either way.

Chad's been on the show since 1999. Never once has he ever shown homosexual tendencies. Whether it's newbie day-player Vincent or Ethan Crane, it's idiotic either way. JER can't win either way because the story was a mistake from the get-go.

Plus, you said it yourself: "Wooohooo!!! I was right!" Translation: predictable.

A good writer can take a campy show like Passions and still make it make sense. It doesn't have to be taken seriously -- but there does have to be some degree of sensibility and logistic to rise above the masses of other bad camp, IMO.

Plus, this is a soap opera board -- not a campy comedy forum. You can't expect everyone on a soap opera forum to love a parody/comedy. As a parody/comedy, it's fine. As a soap? Not so great. JMO.

• Members

Yep, thats why I added the odd/bizarre to it hehe... ;)

I mean...they dragged out that storyline with Eve/Julians child for so long...and they had a resolution for a bit...but then they ended that by saying Chad wasn't their child...

Meh..maybe I am just hoping they end the show with some answers to the story lines that were never resolved...

----

In this case, I was hoping to be surprised, and the person came out of "left-field"...it would add to the shock value, but I guess the major draw is the fact that he is with a man in general...and the character really doesn't matter...

• Members

In all my years of watching soaps I never had so many disappointments with a show. Passions has let me and millions of viewers down so many times I don't know why I'm surprised or disappointed, but I am. Passions does have the best eye candy on TV, but JER really needs to take a long hard look at his writing capabilities.

• Members

I SO called this as soon as we learned Chad was with a man. Of course, it's Vincent, people, it's JER for God sake! These days, the man couldn't do a decent reveal to save his life. And that's not bashing, it's the cold, hard truth. It doesn't really upset me though, because I never really cared about this storyline from the beginning.

• Members

Maybe I would otherwise agree,but I really feel there's just NO way you can go wrong with a man-woman, lol. I mean, how can we possibly be disappointed with any reveal like that? Whether it's Pretty or an Alistair/Beth hybrid of some sort, it's just going to be shocking due to the nature of its two sexes in one body, freakshow appeal. That's how I feel.

• Members

I'm right there with you, but I kind of think the Night Stalker will be different.

For me, the online mystery games/advertisements were disappointing because the writers had an obvious path from beginning to end so the whole thing felt very, very lazy.

With Chad's lover, there was less obviousness as to who he was doing. It's a good sign, imho. Maybe they're learning or actually making an effort. They still have an issue with taking a real risk, but that's ok. Baby steps, y'know?

With the Night Stalker, it's not obvious at all yet (at least not to me). Sheridan, Vincent, Valerie, supernatural, Alistair, Beth- heck, it could even be Fancy's psychotic friend from back in the Fancy/Noah days, Esme or whatever. Except for Alistair and Beth, both of whom I think should be on reserve until closer to the show's final airdate, those options aren't all that bad. I mean, they're starting from and working along a pretty decent path. I'm almost at a point where I can open myself up to the possibility that the reveal won't suck.

And JSF has a point- the freakshow nature of the whole thing means they'd have to work very hard to mess it up. While they might be putting a little more effort into writing the show, working super hard is not something we have to really worry about, and that makes it less conceivable that they'll screw it up, imho.

Archived