PSNS: Chad lover is revealed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree with you Hoganstays and King.

I would've like this Night Stalker stuff had we not had Fancy being raped and attacked practically every day from the week before Christmas until mid January. That is overkill and appalling. The fact that her first rape was near Christmas is even more disgusting. If not for that and the whole semon thing, I would be more interested in this. Now it's hard to invest because those memories are still fresh.

I like it now because it's about murder and blackmail and not so much about rape and so on. If Fancy had been attacked around Christmas and raped after the New Year with some smaller attacks here and there it would be fine. The way it was done was just disgusting. Right now I am intrigued somewhat but JER has messed up so many promising stories that I can't help but think he will botch this somehow.

• Members

I would like this storyline if it had always been about murder/blackmail. A serial murderer/blackmailer is just the kind of storyline PASSIONS needs, but all the rapes/attacks and other brutality against Fancy just completely turned me off from the get go. It's just so vile, dark and overall mean-spirited and I don't like it at all.

• Members

The entire rape thing has been played like it's a joke. I'm even insulted, so I can't even imagine how women feel about it. No one wants to see rape unless it is really written well, and it sure as hell isn't on this show.

• Members

Exactly. JSF, it would be different if Passions portrayed things like rape in a sensitive and respectful light. Meaning, I want to see the fallout. I don't want to Fancy going through attack after attack. I want to see her break down and go through all the emotions. That takes alot of focus and more then a few episodes after each attack.

It also doesn't help that Passions has gone rape and assault crazy in the last 2 years. The amount of rape and assualting in regards to females on the show in the past two years is insane.

• Members

Let herself get raped?

I'm not even going to respond to that. You don't have to be a fan of Fancy to know that the repeated rapes and attacks of her were appalling. The fact that the show has been rape and assault crazy the past few years doesn't help matters. Even non-Fancy fans are appalled. Do you not read the mags or other message boards? You are the only one that has condoned that part of the story Rion.

• Members

I can see arguing that the rapes were crucial in establishing how brutal the Night Stalker is and possibly establishing hatred for Fancy. But, like, is the point of the storyline...is the Night Stalker the hero?

• Members

WHOA! Usually I agree with you, but now I don't! How does Fancy being raped repeatedly help establish that Fancy should be hated? If anything (I should hope!) we would care MORE for her after this terrible ordeal.

I'm all for believing the rapes establish the Night Stalker's merciless brutality, but building hatred for Fancy Pants? Not buyin' it!

Archived