DAYS: Friday, February 23

• Members

I'm enjoying the show so far.

Deidre Hall's on today, :) so that's always a good thing. I'm liking the Marlena/Kayla scenes today. The director did a great job having Marlena explain how the DiMeras work to Kayla while we watched Steve getting ready to do the dastardly deed.

Go Willow! Philip tried to attack her and she got the best of him. I'm glad we're seeing this from Willow. It proves that she is strong. Knock that cripple on his ass! :lol:

Nice to see Maggie, as always. And I'm with everyone else in not liking Dr. Reibert. He's the only part of this storyline I don't like.

Damn the writers! They give is a small dosage of MABBY yesterday and they don't follow through the next day. *SIGH*

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i wonder when the next time we see Marlena again..Will we get to see her reaction to john's dissapearance on screen? or will it be dealt with offscreen? the lack of airtime for her now is pathetic..John i can understand, because of the coma..and because i think John has to stay in the coma for EJ to carry out the rest of his plan..But we should be getting more Marlena...

• Members

LoL! I had to laugh during yesterday's episode whenever Shawn's response to Claire being killed during the jump.

"If we don't jump, Phillip will get custody."

He would rather his own daughter be dead than with Phillip? I really, really hated that line.

• Members

Aside the ridiculous on-the-run story, Belle did phenomenal acting today. I really love MM and wish she had a worthwhile story. One good thing about this story is getting to watch the little girls grow. They are so cute and sometimes seem to really understand their part in the story. BB is a stark difference as Shawn compared to Jason, and too many cannot accept him. I think it would have been much better to give him an even slower lead in than the weeks with Willow. Actually, Jason was so opposed to a Shawn and Belle pairing that he ruined them in my view. It was too obvious that he was turned off by MM as Belle and only stuck around another year when promised he could have Mimi (Farah). I don't know what Hogan will do to fix this. Maybe shake the quad up and see how they land. Right now, I am enjoying JKJ's Philip even though he is not settled into the part yet and Willow who offers a different slant on life LOL. It's summer downunder and I laughed when I saw Belle and Claire all bundled up and a blanket, but Shawn at least is dressed appropriately for an island downunder.

Loved Marlena today. I didn't realize how much I missed her and especially when she is normal and making sense. Great day for her and hope there are more good ones coming along.

To my way of thinking, the writers went overboard in making Chelsea nasty to Nick. I'm not enjoying it, or her. She is not that silly and not that dumb either. The writers need to be reminded that she finished top of her high school class and is very bright, she probably could tutor calculus herself. Thankful for Maggie today. She saved that part of the episode for me.

• Members

Although JKJ has shown a few times that he could handle this new incarnation of Philip, I am disliking him more and more. I'm tired of the screaming and the clenched facial muscles, I'm tired of him using his Kiriakis name to threaten everyone all the time. He's sounding more and more like a little kid on the playground who had his lollipop stolen--"My daddy's bigger than your daddy, nah nah nah nah nah". They could have made him more sympathetic and have chosen not to, they could have made him a villain without him seeming seriously unhinged and have chosen not to so I assume they must be going somewhere with this. I can't believe he's seriously going to be a threat to Victor, though. He can't even handle Willow; how would he run a company as far reaching as Titan? Unless they really re-visit the Victor/Nicole story and have Philip/Willow team up to run Titan. Anyway, still can't believe Shawn and Belle jumped off that ship with poor little Claire. There's not much of anyone to root for in this story right now! But MM did a great job; I really felt her panic and fear when she couldn't find Claire.

I see a lot of danger signals flashing in the Chelsea/Nick story. I just keep remembering Hogan's description of their "tragic" love story. Something bad's going to happen to somebody. I am getting more interested in this storyline, since I can finally feel it's building to something. Same with Steve/Kayla--looks like things are beginning to move a little. I liked Marlena's voiceover, while we saw Steve stealing John's body. That was different and added some drama.

• Members

He was very good when he first came on, now I just wait for him to turn green, rip his clothes apart, and yell "Hulk smash!" I'm not going to blame this on the writing, I think JKJ is intepreting Philip as the angry bully with Short Man's Syndrome. I really wonder how Kyle Brandt would have pulled this off...I think he would have been quieter and it probably would have been much more effective. Villians are more menacing and chilling when they are controlled and calm in their plotting; how can anyone take seriously a screaming little man who acts like his favorite toy has been taken away? I know I can't. As much as I hate Willow, somebody had to own his a$$, it might as well be her.

At this rate, none of these people deserve Claire. She's better off with Bald Britney.

• Members

But that's Philip. That's who Philip, the real Philip, has always been. He's been the loud-spoken, jump at the gun type of character. Victor has always been trying to keep him calm and teach him that to get what he wants, he has to think. Philip is a hot head and doesn't think.

• Members

Totally agree. There's no way I can take Philip seriously as a villain right now. If this is not the direction Philip is supposed to go (and I can't understand why the writers would write him as a psychopath), the director needs to step in and tell him to tone it down. He's becoming ridiculous. And I tried to give him a chance, despite the fact that I never liked JKJ as Philip the first time around, and at first thought maybe he could pull it off. But now I want Kyle Brandt back. His last couple months on the show were very good.

Archived