GL: Feb. 16

• Members

WOW. WOW. WOW.

I agree that GL should have promoted this more.

I hated Ashlee before, and now I FLOVE the bubbly fool. She is very entertaining, and the actress is decent.

Doris is all sorts of straight up b!tch. She tells it how it is, and goes for what she wants. I frickin' loved her at the wedding. She could care less about Cassie, and was not leaving without becoming Mrs. Alan Spaulding. I wouldn't be surprised if she planted some type of hit on Alan.

Speaking of Cassie, I'll finally admit that I'm feeling Nicole Foster in her vengeful mode. Instead of the typical 'forgive and forget' mentality, Cassie is out for blood. And her dead daughter is egging her on :lol: Perfect.

I still dislike Marj Dusay as Alex, but she cracked me up. She was on point, and vastly entertaining. As was the sublime Beth Chamberlin, can she be any better? I love her. Plus, NO Reva? Made the episode THAT much better. I even liked Marcy Rylan today. With a good director, and some nuance, she could be quite the performer.

It's like KZ has had an epiphany, or something, because the writing is great, and there is actually a sense of direction. It feels almost exciting as the 90's again. Kudos GL, you are quickly becoming my favorite soap! :)

Grade A.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I had really feared for the state of GL after TP and SG left. I thought there would be a huge hole in the show and no direction, but I have to agree with the people who say GL is on the upswing. I think they've done a wonderful job of using Tammy's death as a catalyst for a lot of other stories.

• Members

^LOL. Crazy ain't it. But I really think this episode was fantastic. There was no Reva (loved the crack Alan/Alex made to her), no Johnathan, no hysterical acting, and everything flowed perfectly. A nice balance of drama and comedy. It was very well done. This would make a great 'Emmy Submission' for Nicole Foster, but alas her scenes were too brief to leave a lasting impact. I'm definitely tuning in on Monday! :D

• Members

I watched the eppy after seeing the rave reviews and it was very, very good. Some of the campness of it did jar with me a little bit after the rougher stories we've been used to of late with Jonathan/Tammy but so long as the who done it plays out seriously, it should pan out well. I did have to laugh at Alex when Ashlee pulled out the business card -- "Oh...how nouveau!"

I also liked Rick asking that random guy if he'd seen Beth Spaulding -- "I thought her name was Doris." :lol: The scriptwriting on this episode was head and shoulders above some of the dreck on daytime, the stories in the episode were well interwoven and great use was made of recurring characters. Compare that to the absolute [!@#$%^&*] of ABC daytime where even contract players are only dragged out for big events to keel over and die. I've said it before -- it may not be the GL that everybody grew up with but as a new show, it is damned good soap opera.

Incidentally it was the first time I've rooted for Beth since I started watching.

• Members

I finally got around to watching Thursday and Friday's show the other day.

First of all, I FLOVE Nicole Forester! She almost looks manic. That was truly a frightening moment when Lizzie suddenly Cassie glaring at her through ther doors of the Spaulding mansion. :o And when Cassie stopped Lizzie from closing the doors after she walked in so that Tammy could enter as well..:lol: Lizzie looked at her like she was out of her mind. I loved the scenes over at Outskirts as well when Cassie asked Frank or someone if they thought she was crazy and proceed to say, "Well, that's because I am!" OMG...I just LOVE this crazy, angry version of her. NF totally made Thursday's show for me.

Friday's show was good, too and well-written. I loved all the eye-rolling and WTF looks people were giving during the wedding. When Cassie tried to crash the wedding..it was another OMG moment for me. I thought she was going to pull out a gun when she went to pull Tammy's picture out. :o Finally, it seems that Alan is starting to realize what he's done. I was prepared to see an actual shooting scene but I liked how Doris discovered that Alan was shot instead. Great setup to a "Who shot Alan?" storyline.

The only low point of the show for me has been the Ava/Coop stuff...I just simply cannot bring myself to care about either of these characters.

Archived