ALL: The Canadian Suds Report

• Members

The Suds Report

All My Children (A-Channel/ABC) — Is Babe dead?

With a serial killer on the loose, it’s very possible. Rumours on the ABC set are that real-life husband and wife Alexa Havins (Babe) and Justin Bruening (Jamie) want out of Pine Valley, like yesterday, when their contracts are up later this year. Ironically, on Monday’s show Babe “dies,” but it’s probably just a ruse to catch the Satin Slayer. Yawn.

As the World Turns (CH/CBS) — Buried alive!

If Emily (played by pregnant Kelley Menighan Hensley) contemplating hooker-dom didn’t creep you out, tune in on Tuesday when Maddie and Gwen bury Adam. Also, ATWT reports we’ll be seeing a lot more of Luke (the always enchanting Van Hansis), who is set to get a same-sex love interest soon. Don’t you love that gay characters have become the most popular amongst viewers?

The Bold and the Beautiful (CTV/CBS) — Cast exodus!

After hiring expensive daytime superstar Eileen Davidson (Ashley), it was only a matter of time before B&B had to cut down its budget — which always means firing a few actors. Moving from contract to recurring status are Dax Griffin (Shane), Montreal’s William de Vry (Storm) and Lorenzo Lamas (Hector). Our biggest worry is that stars like Lesli Kay (Felicia) and Ashley Jones (Bridget) are without leading men to romance because they’re related to everyone on the canvas. Yes, we admit our favourite show has become very incestuous. On Friday, B&B celebrates its 5000th episode by focusing on its original cast members.

Coronation Street (CBC) – Star to get his own talk show?

Scene-stealer Antony Cotton may become the U.K.’s Ellen DeGeneres!

According to reports, TV execs want to parlay Cotton’s gigantic fan base into a daily chat fest. A source revealed: “He doesn’t want to leave Corrie but would love to take on this other project if he can fit them both in.” Let’s pray he doesn’t leave “the girls” on Corrie Street, or we’ll scream bloody murder and set him up on a blind date with Norris!

Days of our Lives (Global/NBC) — Scoop: is Brandon Beemer the new Reichen?

Don’t believe reports that Brandon Beemer (Shawn) is dating Lance Bass: we’ve learned the actor is not only straight, but he’s also dating Nadia Bjorlin (ex-Chloe). The former NSYNC’er and Beemer are just good friends. Watch out for our exclusive interview with soaps’ most beautiful in upcoming weeks. Meanwhile, look for Matt Ashford to bring back Jack for a limited run soon, as Farah Fath (Mimi) leaves the soap for good.

General Hospital (CTV/ABC) — Exclusive: is Vanessa Marcil coming back as Brenda?

Can’t Sonny take a hint? On Wednesday, the mobster pleads with his “wife” Carly to marry him for real this time. “It gets more complicated,” Laura Wright (Carly) teases to TV Guide. Wright also dished with us about the possible return of Emmy winner Vanessa Marcil as Brenda — the show’s most popular heroine to ever grace the soap. “I’ve heard Las Vegas is being cancelled in May, so it looks like it could work out and we won’t have to recast,” Wright says. Reportedly, GH is considering Rebecca Budig (ex-Greenlee, AMC) and Gina Tognoni (Dinah, GL) should Marcil decline.

Guiding Light (CH/CBS) — Springfield’s new power-couple!

Are you enjoying this new pairing as much as we are? On Friday, Alan gets a get-out-of-jail-free card when he marries the town’s manipulative D.A. Doris. Also, on Valentine’s Day, the cast shares their stories from their rebuilding efforts in the Gulf Coast in a very special episode (minus the teen pregnancy talk and Ty Pennington).

One Life to Live (A-Channel/ABC) – Notes on a few scandals

Why the heck is Jessica taking her sweet time to have sex with the irresistible Nash — is she not eating her veggies or something? Who cares if she’s married to boring Antonio — trust us Jess, take one for the team! Which on Monday, she almost does when Nash and Jessica make out — and almost do the dirty deed! Also, this week: Dorian makes a deal with Todd; Spencer’s will-reading ends with a shocking twist; and Lindsay confesses a secret to Viki!

Passions (Global/NBC) – A murder and a shooting haunt Harmony!

The stalker has a sick sense of humour: the mysterious killer murders Simone’s girlfriend, Rae, on Valentine’s Day (GLADD start writing your press release now!). And on Monday, Theresa accepts Jared’s proposal but on Tuesday, Jared’s shot! Harmony isn’t very harmonious these days — discuss.

The Young and the Restless (Global/CBS) — Carmen’s killer revealed!

In case anyone cares, Carmen’s killer (who was she again?) is exposed on Feb. 19. With Victoria Rowell leaving, could Dru be the culprit? And according to insiders, look for daytime fan favourite Vincent Irizarry (David) to extend his stay on the soap past his original three-month contract. Also, reports suggest Thad Luckinbill (JT) and Amelia Heinle (Victoria) are — gulp! —engaged in real life.

ETA:

TOP 5 SHOWS TO WATCH

1. The Bold and the Beautiful

2. General Hospital

3. Guiding Light

4. Days of Our Lives

5. The Young and the Restless

TOP 5 ACTRESSES TO WATCH

1. Susan Flannery (Stephanie, B&B)

2. Katherine Kelly Lang (Brooke, B&B)

3. Alison Sweeney (Sami, Days)

4. Victoria Rowell (Dru, Y&R)

5. Laura Wright (Carly, GH)

TOP 5 ACTORS TO WATCH

1. Jack Wagner (Nick, B&B)

2. Stephen Nichols (Steve, Days)

3. Kyle Lowder (Rick, B&B)

4. Forbes March (Nash, OLTL)

5. Vincent Irizarry (David, Y&R)

TOP 5 SUPERCOUPLES TO WATCH

1. Sonny and Carly, GH

2. Nash and Jessica, OLTL

3. Sami and Lucas, Days

4. Brooke and Nick, B&B

5. Theresa and Jared, Passions

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The only way I want Las Vegas cancelled is if Vanessa Marcil not only returns to GH but signs a BIG contract. I don't care who has to go, but bring her back as Brenda! Muhahahahaha okay so evilness aside. Frons WILL pay big bucks for her until she turns 40 (sadly, that's the business). I predict that if he does lure her back, then they'll be a mass internet feud with Team Marcil vs. Team Francis as Genie's fan will claim that Vanessa took the $ for Genie's return. I say bring them BOTH back. The mob sucks but GH is #2 without VM and GF...just think of the ratings when/if either one of them is brought back.

• Members

Vanessa Marcil has stated several times in SID that she will come back as Brenda when LAS VEGAS gets cancelled and I think it will definitely get cancelled in May. The show is boring and sucks most of the time now and I've dropped it from my regular viewing schedule. If Brenda comes back, I don't know who'd I want her to hook up with --- Sonny or Jax. Both treated her like s h i t in the past. So maybe someone new, like Lucky, would be best for Brenda.

Also I hope Gina Tognoni quits GL when her contract is up this year and goes back to ONE LIFE as Kelly Cramer and that ONE LIFE brings Dan Gauthier back as Kevin to come back with her.

• Members

Gina has only 4 months left on her contract. I posted one rumor last night about her and now this one. I don't want her to go anywhere either.

I love the 5 shows that they list to watch - and I love them in just that order too. I agree. B&B, GH, and GL have been more the 3 lately that are must see for me. I am loving the Nick stuff on B&B - so intriguing. Of course with ATWT's resurgance this week, I am moving it up.

• Members

I don't watch AMC but I did a few summers ago just for the Leo & Greenlee scenes...those two were amazingly evil together. I still get chills when I think of one scene where Leo was just lying on Greenlee and they were plotting something. They were fully dressed but oozed sex. It was hot. Evil and Hot. I had an uber-crush on Rebecca Budig back then, but ever since she got Bachelor Bob-ed, I've been :angry:

Archived