AMC: Monday

• Members

Josh is here as the fetus for a lot of reasons, all of which I blame Megan McTavish for.

That said, LMFAO, people fought me for months, MONTHS on Josh as the fetus, why am not surprised that they're going to fight me on this too? Hehe. Tis all good. I forgive you all. Just remember, I've said this since May of last year, when J&E sign those divorce papers. Hind sight will no doubt be 20/20.

I'd rather put acid in my eyes that have Jack and Erica togeter, but that would be plesurable compared to Erica being with Jeff, so I'd love to be wrong. But I'm not.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hmm - I don't think Josh was supposed to be a Martin until they did a recast to make Josh look more like his family (Erica, Kendall).

The first Josh was totally introduced to be a new love interest for Kendall and the other Fusion girls - remember when they flirted with him to get into that office.

Then there was the whole Dani thing.

I don't believe for a second that Josh was originally supposed to be a Martin until they decided to recast. Ian was on for a limited time, but they came up with this huge storyline - and extended Ian's contract - and recast Josh. This is why it took us forever to figure out what Greg's history with Erica was all about.

• Members

Nope, he was Erica's son, one way or the other the day the casting call went out ;) He tested with AM because he was going to be her brother. Whether he was Erica's son as the fetus or some other way at that point, I'm not sure. Though, SK, was a DEAD ringer for a Martin. OMG. Colin, not so much. But I started to fear the fetus just before Colin got the part, and he was fetus by at least August. So....

A part of me does think they may have had something else in mind to make Josh Erica's son, but I'll never know for sure. I do find it odd, however, that I knew he for a fact that Josh was who he was MONTHS before Colin.

• Members

^ there were so many theories out there. But in the end, I knew what I knew, and could never get anyone (there were a few people who believed and fought thier asses off with me) to listen. No one believed thsy AMC would actually be that stupid.

Sound familiar? :(

• Members

I totally disagree.

I love you all - but unless I see an interview or something, I can't buy it.

From what I remember, he was going to be more closely working with Greenlee and the whole sperm story with Ryan. I know he recognized Erica and whatnot from the beginning, but that may have just been a way to get him to Pine Valley. I just think the recasting is the writing on the wall here - bc they had the original Josh flirting with Kendall and Greens and Dani (the Fusion girls) - then when Colin came in, the flirting stopped and they got a guy that resembled Erica and Kendall.

I don't know - I just don't see how he was supposed to be the unaborted fetus from the very beginning.

• Members

LOL, I knew from the casting call. I'll see if can find it for ya, it was something aobut Greg revealing a shocking parternity secret that would change Erica's life. It was pretty clear from that any child of Greg's that showed up at that point, was Erica's. I'm not saying he was fetus from day one, I don't know that. And I'm not completely convinced that he was even fetus when Colin got the part...I do have my doubts. But he was fetus by early August 2005...so that's pretty quick, IMO.

• Members

Testing with AM doesn't mean much and it doesn't mean that they were testing for sibling or love chemistry. For years they have screen tested every male that is being casted with AM. She has chemistry with everyone and that's why they do that.

I am also firmly in the camp that Josh was alway supposed to be the Fetus. The recast happened because oldJosh was supposed to be "nice" and newJosh was supposed to be a jerk which they somehow equated to the son that was just like Erica Kane. Whatever, Frons. So maybe Colin was cast as a Fetus but Josh the original character wasn't.

• Members

I am not saying he was supposed to be the fetus from the very beginning... but I am saying he was supposed to be Erica's son.

I mean Josh from the get go was written as a young male version of Erica. How he got the job as producer on her show.... it was strong hinted at.

The flirting was done.... because like Kylie said, Kendall was going to be his sister.

I always maintain Josh should have been Kendall's twin.

But nope, we had to go the sci-fi political route.

• Members

Thats true, but then you had dr. Madman not wanting josh involved with erica/kendall. So it was obvious to me at least that he was going to be erica's kid. But again I didn't know how.lol Whether the fetus thing was the storyline from the start I don't know, it seemed pretty last minute to me.

• Members

Hmm - well I definitely believe that he was fetus with the recast.

I just thought I remember the spoiler saying Greg was going to have a secret that would rock Greenlee and Erica's world. I figure it had to do with being Greenlee's doctor and then causing a disruption in Erica/Jack's newlywed-ness.

Archived